• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Having layout trouble.

Aobaru

Floooooon!
Pronoun
he
http://www.aobarunet.vibrai.com/test.php (View the source to see HTML, it's supposed to look similar to this page.)

as opposed to

newlayoutnc7.png

What's going on?

Uh, you're doing way too many things wrong to count, sorry. For instance, you seem to have the strangest of tendencies to put semicolons all over the place in your CSS where there should be a comma or nothing at all. And don't use tables for layouts! @_@

I suggest you just read my HTML guide and start from scratch.

Uh, you're doing way too many things wrong to count, sorry. For instance, you seem to have the strangest of tendencies to put semicolons all over the place in your CSS where there should be a comma or nothing at all. And don't use tables for layouts! @_@

I suggest you just read my HTML guide and start from scratch.

I've made layouts before, but I just seem to be having trouble putting the banner in the middle of the left and right menus, because I've never done it that way before.

However, I'll follow your advice and start from scratch.

Oh, and about the CSS thing; the code is from here.

...because it does silly things like what's breaking your layout?

And why is that, pray tell?
because they're the same clueless regurgitated crap as found in most other "tutorials" on the interbutts

someone without a clue what e was doing managed to get something working, then decided to be helpful and provide the world with eir freakish and fragile abomination of a solution -- meanwhile not actually explaining how it works or why or otherwise providing any truly useful information

Fixed-width is dumb. Quite consistently. I have a decent monitor and I like viewing things at 80%; why do you want to make it take up very little space on my monitor?

Especially so since you could very easily remove the borders from your Wooper banner and instead use a solid background color and border on a stretching div.

Okay, I tweaked it around a bit. I just have to fix the banner. Do you have any advice for the banner? And how do you center it?

Remove those <center> tags from your header div, make its width 100%, give it the same background color as the background behind the banner and then make the background-position top center.

Remove those <center> tags from your header div, make its width 100%, give it the same background color as the background behind the banner and then make the background-position top center.

Err, now it's multiplied across the top.

Back
Top Bottom