• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

D/P/Pt Hey, smogon works!

Chief Zackrai

pingpong wixard
I made a pretty decent team after spending some time on Smogon, and that worked pretty well. However, I am finding certain things too difficult to counter with it (namely Starmie and Jolteon). This is not the team we will be discussing. I am trying to work out the bugs in that team on my own.

Instead, we will be looking at a different team I recently came up with. So, here goes. (also with a bunch of stuff and info I got from smogon, as it agrees with my computer now)

477.png

Jolly Evs: 252 Attack 252 Speed, 4 Hp @Muscle Band, Hyper Cutter
Stealth Rock
Stone Edge
Earthquake
U-Turn

An offensive lead that I love, Gliscor can counter many things.

291.png

Jolly Evs: 252 Hp 252 Speed, 4 Attack @Focus Sash, Speed Boost
Swords Dance
Baton Pass
Sunny Day
X-scissor

This is my spin on one of their sets for Ninjask, you'll see why I want him in a minute. Sunny Day to counter them if they try to break my sash with Tyranitar or Abomasnow.

403.png

Adamant Evs: 252 Hp 252 Attack, 4 Defense @Life Orb, Simple
Waterfall
Return
Quick Attack
Taunt

I faced someone who did something similar with a Bibarel, and they completely wrecked me. I hope to stat pass to him with Ninjask, to hopefully sweep.

308.png

Jolly, Evs: 4 Hp, 252 Attack, 252 Speed @Choice Band, Pure Power
Brick Break/Hi Jump Kick
Psycho Cut
Fire Punch
Thunderpunch/Ice Punch

Pure Power is an awesome ability. I made one of these on Shoddy, and it's attack stat topped at around 630. For destructive purposes.

135.png

Timid, Evs: 252 Sp. Attack 4HP, 252 Speed @Choice Specs, Volt Absorb
Thunderbolt
Shadow Ball
Baton Pass
Hidden Power (Grass)

I chose Grass for Hidden Power in place of Ice so I might trick Swamperts with an opportunity to take me down.

121.png

Timid, Evs: 252 Sp. Attack 4 Hp, 252 Speed @Choice Scarf, Natural Cure
Surf
Ice Beam
Thunderbolt
Trick

Starmies seem to destroy all around the metagame, so I decided to try it.

C & CC appreciated.

Oh wow, this is a nice.

I'll give you a little chat about your Starmie.

I just hope you don't neglect IV's.

The Starmie. I gotta love this thing, with it's amazing speed and movepool.
Only complaint on this is the fact that it would be better hold to hold a Flame Orb instead of a Choice Scarf. Granted, a Choice Scarf does lock a Pokemon in a move, but it boosts their speed, which can be horrible for a team. This one, however, fits perfectly into your team as 5/6 are EV trained in Speed.
However, you boosted Starmie's Sp. Defense, leaving it's defense stat unattended. This is where a Flame Orb comes in- if you switch to a Flame Orb, you can shut down any potential threats, with an extremely high Sp. Defense, while the foe has a lower Attack Stat, keeping physical-based moves that are supereffective against Starmie from doing as much, as a burn lowers attack. This is good for Physical-Based Grass and Electric Types, or others, with moves like Volt Tackle (which you likely won't find), and other Grass typed moves.

Consider it an alternate set.

Anyways, if you get this on B/W, I'd like to battle you (and that team down there in my signature isn't my only one).

I chose Grass for Hidden Power in place of Ice so I might trick Swamperts with an opportunity to take me down.
hahaha HIGHFIVE i have an hp grass jolteon too. works awesome

i am liking that bibarel! i know you explained why you have sunny day on ninjask but it still feels a little weird. no protect for scouting?

flame orbs hurt the holder.

Trick.

Send out Starmie the turn you have trouble with a physical attacker (or as a lead), you may then proceeds to use Trick, because you still have a chance of surviving. Better chance if you send Starmie out after one of your Pokemon faints.

Hidden Power Grass Jolteon can also cripple my water team. :/

I need a Pokemon who resists both Grass and Electric (and I already chose).

hahaha HIGHFIVE i have an hp grass jolteon too. works awesome

Yeah bro! *highfives*

i am liking that bibarel! i know you explained why you have sunny day on ninjask but it still feels a little weird. no protect for scouting?

I was actually thinking of replacing it with substitute. makes things untouchable.

EDIT: oh, and I really love Bibarel, because after one Swords Dance he's like "Quick Attack!" and the other pokemon is like "Oh no! 70% of my Hit points!"

Last edited:
Are you sure you don't want a rapid spinner or a poison type? Looks like toxic spikes could really hurt you. Stealth rock also really hurts Ninjask. :(

You know, now that I think about it, a rapid spinner/Poison type would be useful. I know that Immunity Snorlax works quite well. Or! Maybe Forretress! He's not only a spinner, but he's also immune to Toxic Spikes! What would I trade it for though...

Trick.

Send out Starmie the turn you have trouble with a physical attacker (or as a lead), you may then proceeds to use Trick, because you still have a chance of surviving. Better chance if you send Starmie out after one of your Pokemon faints.

Hidden Power Grass Jolteon can also cripple my water team. :/

I need a Pokemon who resists both Grass and Electric (and I already chose).

if you need to switch in and then take a turn, you're already too late.

and if you want starmie to actually stay in for a few turns before tricking it? nope, can't do that without dying!

GAH I HATE BLISSEYS. and Scizors. they are the complete banes of my existence.

Whenever someone sends out a Blissey, it just so happens that all my physical attackers are gone. (i.e. gliscor, Bibarel, and Medicham). All I ever have left is Starmie and Jolteon, who can do essentially nothing against her.

And then there's Scizor. But, only when they use Bullet Punch. GAH.

I need to make a team that can counter them effectively... Frosslass works for Scizor usually, and anything with a physical attack should work for Blissey...

Mayhaps I need a tank. I've been thinking about Magnezone, with Hidden Power (Fire). Magnet Pull ability, perfectly takes care of Scizor.

thoughts?

Back
Top Bottom