• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

INAUGURAL POKEMAFIA - INNOCENTS WIN

nastypass

that bitch what arranges the blocks
Pronoun
they/her/hers
All role PMs have been sent. If anybody didn't get one, or has a question, feel free to PM me. As of this posting, you have 36 hours to get in your night actions.

Players:
1. Vixie Died Night 2.
2. Zora of Termina Died Day 2.
3. opaltiger Died Night 2.
4. Butterfree
5. NWT
6. Zuu Died Night 1.
7. Barubu Died Night 1.
8. L'il Dwagie Died Night 0.
9. MidnightSaboteur Died Night 2.
10. Flora and Ashes
11. Dannichu Died Night 2.
12. Kammington
13. Leafpool
14. Espeon
15. moon-panther
16. RespectTheBlade
17. ultraviolet Died Night 0.

Last edited:
Re: INAUGURAL POKEMAFIA - NIGHT 0

The sun rises over Mafialand, although in some parts of town it's hard to tell because the ferris wheel from the local amusement park is blocking the sun. Several townsfolk look up at the sky in dismay, because a sunrise in Mafialand is almost never a good sign.

Looks like they were right, too, because once someone finally decides to go see if the police have found anything, they find an empty building and various unidentifiable organs laid about on the sidewalk. Somebody thinks to look in the sewer and finds L'il Dwagie's severed head.

L'il Dwagie is now dead. They were not mafia.

Hoping that the day's gruesome discovery would be over, the mayor calls for the General Population to assemble at the town hall. Unfortunately, he was pretty wrong. Laid up against the main doors was the bloodied body of ultraviolet, throat slit. "NO." was the phrase written across the doors in blood, presumably the victim's. Upon searching the body, the police discovered a very shiny Team Galactic pendant in one of her pockets.

ultraviolet is now dead. They were part of Team Galactic!

It is now Day 1. You have 48 hours to discuss.

Re: INAUGURAL POKEMAFIA - DAY 1

Umm...did a Mafia member die in the first night? I'm thinking either Revenge kill or a love attack...though, love attack is less likely. Maybe a healer clash?

...and anyways, yo, I'm here and watching. Lets get to finding these mafia peeps.

Healer clash, or there are multiple mafia factions. Which seems kind of likely to me; after all, Team Galactic is only one of four Pokémon game evil teams.

There could also be more mafia factions. I don't think this game has too many fancy roles, and the odds of an overdose are quite low, with seventeen players.

I always try to establish the cause of death before anything else.

If any healing Pokémon would like to claim to have healed either of the two, please announce as such.

It appears that the Teams are the mafia groups -- however, I am certain there are no more than two; guessing Rocket and Galactic.

The severed head and bloody message don't make a healer clash likely, unless that's some seriously messed-up clash effect.

The severed head and bloody message don't make a healer clash likely, unless that's some seriously messed-up clash effect.

The way I've always played is that the description is just that. The only case in which it should tell us anything about the deaths is if the lovers die together.

Of course, I don't know how Walker GMs.

I love mafia games. I'm glad this is back~

Anyways, I'm thinking revenge attack...so maybe the Brothers/Rivals/whatever they are called in this game.

I really doubt it was a healer clash. uv was not the player I'd expect to be dead on Day 1, that's for sure... I'm assuming that there are two teams, though.

This does make quite a bit of sense, actually, considering that we have a rather large amount of players.

It's too early to jump to conclusions, though. We'll have to see what happens during the next few rounds...

well either way, whatever happened, we are now rid of one Mafia player. 8D

the existence of multiple mafia makes some sense, to be honest. hmm. I wonder how that will affect the game. *has never played a game with multiple mafia groups*

Like I said, my theory is that since ultraviolet was specifically part of Team Galactic, it's quite likely at least one of the other evil teams is also involved. Games with multiple mafia factions are quite common.

However, now that I think about it, they might have been lovers. The description could in fact, if we stretch it a little, be indicative of that - ultraviolet writes "NO" in her own blood after finding out, then slits her throat? There's at least nothing really directly indicating it's not a lover death, and there's no reason GMs should explicitly indicate when that's the case. Which would again open up the possibility of only one evil team, except that ultraviolet was part of Team Galactic, so she would presumably prevent her own team from killing L'il Dwagie (longer than this, at least). Potentially two evil teams, with Team Galactic having hit somebody else - somebody who was healed, perhaps, or an alien?

...but eh, basically, there are several possibilities for how these deaths happened. We should strongly suspect there are at least two mafia teams, however.

Last edited:

Well, let's see. Assuming the Mafia has to kill someone each night, then we should have two people dead tomorrow. (This isn't a very good way to be thinking on day one, but hey, that's the way Mafia works.)

Perhaps both seperate factions work together, and they kill one person each night?

Well, let's see. Assuming the Mafia has to kill someone each night, then we should have two people dead tomorrow. (This isn't a very good way to be thinking on day one, but hey, that's the way Mafia works.)
Whoa, there :| You say you didn't expect uv to die, but you also don't think it could've been an overdose? Also who's to say there won't be one or even three deaths tomorrow?

Whoa, there :| You say you didn't expect uv to die, but you also don't think it could've been an overdose? Also who's to say there won't be one or even three deaths tomorrow?

I said that the reasoning behind uv's death being a mafia kill was that chances are, the Mafia team would pick a player they knew had more Mafia experience, such as Butterfree or opal.

In addition, that would require both healers to have targeted her. Only one of the two Mafia teams would have to target uv for her to die, but both healers would need to target her for her to die of healer clash. The first one is far more likely.

We don't even know if there are two healers...

Eh, it's quite likely there are two healers in a game with so many players, especially if there are multiple mafia factions. :/ And there won't necessarily be two people dead tomorrow even if there are two mafia factions, again thanks to the fact that yeah, there probably are multiple healers at work.

dunno. in our games in #mafia we usually have only five or six players, and even then we usually manage two healers. I'd expect one or two more in a game of seventeen

maybe we have people that are just vanilla civilians?

Perhaps both seperate factions work together, and they kill one person each night?

And that would make them separate... how?

As everyone knows on IRC, I favour abstaining on day 1 if there are no leads and if there is a sufficient number of players. As it stands, the odds are very high that we will kill an innocent (even assuming, say, four (now three) mafia); too high to justify randomly killing someone, I think.

As everyone knows on IRC, I favour abstaining on day 1 if there are no leads and if there is a sufficient number of players. As it stands, the odds are very high that we will kill an innocent (even assuming, say, four (now three) mafia); too high to justify randomly killing someone, I think.

if anyone votes for anyone else on the first day, no matter their reasoning, the person who votes is almost invariably killed off under suspicion and then found to be innocent.

so abstaining is a better idea.

Back
Top Bottom