• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

[Interest Check] A Killing Game RP

RedneckPhoenix

vote stryke
Pronoun
he
Right! This isn't a sign-up thread, first of all. I'd prefer to, you know, check interest first to see if people wanna do this.

Basically, I had an idea that's probably not very original, right. Danganronpa has a really interesting premise which allows for a lot of character interaction, so... why not have a killing game... game?

In essentia, everyone would make their own character. It'd probably involve each character being an Ultimate, but I'm open to whatever.

Like in Danganronpa, everyone would be trapped in a large area, with rooms dedicated to each character, and a wide variety of premises to interact in. Of course, also like DR, the game revolves around the promise that if you can kill another character, you become the Blackened, and if you succeed in not being caught, you can go home free. However, the Spotless attempt to find out who the Blackened is, by way of Class Trial. If the Blackened is found out, then they will be punished by death. However, if the Blackened escapes, everyone besides the Blackened is punished.

The game would revolve around characters interacting, likely in DM's for privacy, whereas larger gatherings would happen in-thread. It's clunky, I know, I'm trying to figure out how to make it work better. Anyways, once someone decides to murder, they will enter a 1-on-1 chat with the DM (me) explaining how they attempt their murder. I'd make sure that each murder is /possible/ to solve by adding in a few pieces of evidence, and making it suchly that the evidence can be connected in a cohesive way. I'm still working on it, and I might not be able to find a fair way, but I'm checking to see if people are interested in this sort of thing.

Big WIP.

Last edited:

RedneckPhoenix

vote stryke
Pronoun
he
oh, yeah, something else to note about danganronpa for those who haven't played it: the executions tend to fall on the side of gruesome, and while i'd be fine with writing them, i don't know if people would want to read them. i'm definitely going to cw them, but i think the rp as a whole should probably be 17+

RedneckPhoenix

vote stryke
Pronoun
he
ahem

so. i guess i should start writing a sign-up thread.

tldr just get yr characters ready, try not to duplicate ultimate abilities, give them secret backstories to fuel murders but don't share anything yet

3-dimensional chars, people

RedneckPhoenix

vote stryke
Pronoun
he
i'm still aiming for 16 players so we've got a bit of time but i'm going to now start Writing Shit for this starting with an actual sign-up thread

dm me either here or on telegram if you have any questions about what's allowed for characters and backstory and shit