• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

iPhone App Reviews (1st)- N.O.V.A, N.O.V.A 2 (by Gameloft)

Solstice

Back from the dead.
N.O.V.A
images

images

N.O.V.A 2
images

images

images

Recently, I decided to pick up an iTunes card from my local GameStop. When I arrived back home, I had found a fabulous First-Person Shooter (Which shall be referred as 'FPS') on the App Store of my iPpd Touch. I took a look at two games that caught my eyes - N.O.V.A (Near Orbit Vanguard Alliance), N.O.V.A 2. I took a look at their screenshots, which were amazing, with 3D graphics and Gameloft optimized for retina display, and the reviews, many of which were positive.

Then, the price. They were expensive, with N.O.V.A at $4.99 and N.O.V.A 2 at $6.99. You may be thinking, 'Ugh! High prices! I'm leaving!'. Although they were expensive, I will not regret the day I bought them. They're amazing!

Now, I have spread out a little bit of dialogue you should read.

N.O.V.A

Graphics, 8/10

This game featured amazing 3D Graphics, optimized for Retina Display, creating a beautiful environment, only to be surpressed by it's predecessor.
While they were great, graphics could get glitchy at times. In multiplayer, the players look like color-changed Halo characters.

N.O.V.A 2

Graphics, 9/10

While better than the original, graphics are still not as perfected as they could be. Online avatars appear better, making this better than the original in Graphics.

N.O.V.A

Audio, 9/10

Simply great music, giving the game an epic feeling, while the sounds are amazing.

N.O.V.A 2

Audio, 9/10

Same as above.

N.O.V.A

AI, 7/10

The game's AI can make the enemies challenging sometimes, but not as much as it's predecessor.

N.O.V.A 2

AI, 10/10

This game features simply amazing AI, the enemies jumping for defense, attacking, or even attacking from behind. This also makes the bosses much more challenging, while improving the game's quality.

N.O.V.A

Story Line, 9/10

This game features an adventurous story, keeping players wondering what will happen next. It also has great characters, interacting as the game moves on.
The game features great clips as well.

N.O.V.A 2

Story Line, 10/10

The story line truly deserves a perfect 10, starting off from where the last game ended. The story was much more creative, more character interaction, and- oops, spoilers!

N.O.V.A
Overall score- 8/10

N.O.V.A 2
Overall score- 9/10

I highly recommend these games (and if you get them, PM me for my Gameloft Live ID).

Post what you think of this game here, and other things about the game (you can also use this topic for game support, if needed.).

-Uf this is in the wrong section, please move it-

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom