• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

I've been so happy recently. <3

Tailsy

if the nineth lion ate the sun.
Pronoun
she
Let's face it, I think my life is pretty great right now. I got straight merits in all of my modules at uni last semester, and I'm making good headway on the texts I need to have read for next semester; I really like the job I have right now and I love the people I work with, and I think I'll get to stay there past the summer which makes me really happy; and following on from that, I now have disposable income! Yay! (I have tons of cute new clothes!!); my IRL friends are all home for the summer, and I get to see them lots and lots!; aaand my boyfriend is coming down from Dundee on Monday so I'll get to see him, too; and just. People are so wonderful. I posted one of my massive, lame fanfics to my LJ yesterday, and just... ;_; the people who commented said such lovely things!!

So I just got home from seeing 'Tree of Life', which was full of that pretentious type of beauty that runs away with itself and becomes unrelatable. I kept wishing it would sink back into a more human shape, as there was so much gorgeous imagery and all these profound little moments, but then a volcano exploded and there were some dinosaurs and I gave up on hoping it would work for me.

Then I got to read this, and now I'm sitting here thinking to myself, yes, this author *gets it*: the combination of art and storytelling, so that it is beautiful and meaningful while staying true to life. I've read a lot of poetic fanfic that just reeks of self-indulgence, and I'll skim it for the good parts because the rest of it is so needlessly wordy. I read every sentence of this story, and loved every word. You have a wonderful voice and I smiled the whole way through this.

I seriously adore everything you write. The way you craft the various relationships between your characters is always so thoughtful and subtle and meaningful. They feel very real and complex and basically, I love your brain. ♥

Phenomenal. Reading a story like this, where the author has put in so much depth and imagery, is truly a treat. Thank you for sharing such a beautiful story. ♥

This was everything I wanted out of a fic for which the author's note included the phrase "...I just love old dude poetry." Your backstory is amazing. The thing with the magnetic letters is such a great device, and just a really cool idea in general.

[...] For that reason, and for every other reason, this was a total joy to read. The last part, with the swing and the forest and the fairytale, was just heart-stoppingly beautiful, and achingly well-written. You did such an amazing job with this, and my hat is totally off to you.

I...I can't. I literally sobbed my way through this fic because it combines everything thing I love and does it so well.

I screamed at the mention of Heaney in the first three paragraphs and have not stopped freaking out since. This fic is an English major's wet dream. I love it, fucking adore it. Seamus Heaney is my favorite poet and no one ever knows who he is. BUT YOU QUOTED DEATH OF A NATURALIST. (and, oh God, I start thinking of them all, from "Digging" to "North" to "The Scribes" to...)

[...]

I can't. There is too much to say about this fic but I'll settle for this: Absolute genius.

I posted it, went to bed, woke up and just found these (and many others sjhfdjh) and I practically burst into tears because I am so freaking lame and people saying nice things about my writing just gives me SO MANY FEELINGS. No, I don't even go here. But hic bawww. ;w;

Also, I fit into size 8 jeans today. :^) Little things really add up, don't they? I just feel SO GOOD about myself and I needed to ramble.

sounds like everything's coming up tailsy! :D I'm glad things are going well for you! ♥

Back
Top Bottom