• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

jaketiger1116 vs. Sokka217

Skylark

2v2
DQ: 5 Days
Style: Set
Damage Cap: 35%
Banned Moves: OHKO
Arena: Football Field/School
A large high school football field. At night @.@ They've got those..um...big lights around the field on...you know, whatchamacallits? Yeah those. And, there are fans in the stands, cheering on their favorite trainer of course! And there's even a mascot running around the sidelines, hopefully the poor sap in the costume doesn't get attacked...Oh, and did I mention the Pokemon that the mascot suit is modeled after is the Ref's favorite pokemon? Well, it is. So whoever Reffs this, the mascot is your favorite Pokemon, congrats! Now, I'm pretty sure this part is doable. I think it is, and I hope so. Alright, every three rounds there's a 25% chance that suddenly football players from the school will charge onto the field, and the trainers, their pokemon, the ref, and some of the more dedicated fans will flee into the school. The battle will be resumed in the commons, possibly going into other rooms if the trainers command their pokemon to. But if in another room in the school that isn't the commons or the gym, the dedicated fans will have to be watching and cheering from the doorway or windows to the room. Now, every three turns there is a 25% chance that the janitor will hear all the commotion and force every out of the school in his old man ranting (This school has an old cranky man for a janitor) where everyone will return to the field, which is now as it was before the football players barged onto it. The "every three turns" thing will continue for the whole battle, for both the school and the field.

jaketiger1116's active squad
Cynder the Male Cyndaquil
Ability: Blaze

Soarwing the Male Pidgey
Ability: Keen Eye

Sandom the Male Trapinch
Ability: Hyper Cutter

Mariana the Female Psyduck
Ability: Cloud Nine

Surge the Male Shinx
Ability: Intimidate

Sokka217's active squad
Ravage the Male Squirtle
Ability: Torrent

Harley the Male Phanpy
Ability: Pickup

Vincent the Male Stunky
Ability: Aftermath

Angela the Female Gastly
Ability: Levitate

Savannah the Female Maractus
Ability: Chlorophyll

-jaketiger1116 sends out
-Sokka217 sends out and commands
-jaketiger1116 commands

(Noob here, hope I'm doing this right e_e)

Hmm... Alright my stinky buddy Vincent, let's see what you got! Mmhmm, trying to keep you on your toes.

So, let's start off with a messy SmokeScreen, followed by Toxic, and let's really make a sight with Venoshock!

SmokeScreen ~ Toxic ~ Venoshock

Alright Mariana, why don't you Attract that Stunky with some of your duck charm? Maybe that will change his mind about poisoning you. And then set up a Light Screen for added protection. And then why don't you hurl a Mud Bomb at him? You can do it Mariana!

Attract ~ Light Screen ~ Mud Bomb

Two battlers have come together, in search for their next explosive battle. Only problem is, as far as the referee's knowledge goes, there aren't any schools in Asber. Because of this, the referee quickly sends out his Ralts, teleporting all four of them into a random high school's football field. Apparently, a game scheduled for tonight got cancelled. Since the fans, the cheerleaders and the football players are already there, they decided to stay and watch the battle. The home crowd cheers for jaketiger1116 while the away crowd does a wave for Sokka217. Bright lights shine down on both trainers as they send out their pokemon, not to be confused with the Dragonite running around the field. As soon as commands are given, the battle takes off.

Round One

jaketiger1116 (Oo)
Psyduck
Mariana (F) <Cloud Nine>
Health: 100%
Energy: 100%
Commands: Quick Attack + Double Team (max clones, do not hit) ~ Mimic (Taunt)/Body Slam
-Has a massive headache

Sokka217 (Oo)
Stunky
Vincent (M) <Aftermath>
Energy: 100%
Commands: Taunt/Leech Seed/Growth~Leech Seed/Taunt/Substitute 20%~Growth/Taunt/Substitute 20%
-Ready to go

Vincent is the first to move, opening his mouth as dark clouds of smoke slowly roll and billow out, towards Mariana. The dark substance creeps its way through the air and slowly enters Mariana's eyes, making it difficult for her to see.

Mariana, although unable to see clearly, waddles forward while gushing about how talented and skilled Vincent must be to be able to control smokescreen in such a manner. With her headache, she finds it difficult to think of compliments, but once she gets close, she whispers even more sweet nothings about how charming he is. Vincent starts to believe his opponent's love for him and develops an attraction for her.

By the time Vincent remembers his commands, he is so devoted to Mariana that he simply can't manage to poison her, much less inflict severe poison, so instead, he just stares in awe at his lovely opponent.

Mariana sees her opportunity and quickly sets up a wondrous wall of wonder. The golden yellow curtain that separates the two battlers envelopes Mariana, making her appear to sparkle. Both Vincent and the onlookers are in awe at the effect of the light screen.

Vincent can't get over his opponent but remembers his trainer's words. Reluctantly, he spews a foul liquid on his opponent. The noxious chemicals are somewhat blocked by the curtain of light but still seeps into Mariana's skin, making her writhe in pain temporarily. As soon as he spits out the noxious toxins, Vincent is ashamed for hitting his one true love.

Mariana then allows some water from her mouth to spill on the grass, creating mud. She quickly fashions a huge ball of mud and flings it at her opponent who is shocked to be attacked by his soul mate. Mariana, noticing how love sick her opponent is allows a grin to surface. The home crowd is clearly enjoying the battle thus far.

jaketiger1116 (Oo)
Psyduck
Mariana (F) <Cloud Nine>
Health: 96%
Energy: 89%
Performed: Attract~Light Screen~Mud Bomb
-Grinning from ear to ear
-Light Screen for 4 more actions
-1 Acc.

Sokka217 (Oo)
Stunky
Vincent (M) <Aftermath>
Health: 91%
Energy: 96%
Performed: Smokescreen~Nothing~Venoshock
-Why do you hit me my love?
-Attracted (35%)

Terrain Notes
-I figured the battle takes place at night since all the lights are on.
-There's a bit of mud at Mariana's feet

Damage and Energy Calculations
Smokescreen -1 Energy
Attract -4 Energy
Light Screen -2 Energy
Venoshock -4 HP -3 Energy
Mud Bomb -9 HP -5 Energy

Final Notes
jaketiger1116 commands first

Alright Mariana, start off with a Worry Seed. Then, let out a nice Screech, will you? Then finish it off with a nice, strong Cross Chop please. You're the best, Mariana!

Worry Seed ~ Screech ~ Cross Chop

...How dare you use poor Vincent.

Vincent, I understand you think she's the one, but.. ..You saw what she did! She hurt you! She doesn't even care that she hurt you! Did you see that grin etch into her face as she saw you wince in pain? And she used a ground type move! A ground type! You absolutely hate those! Yet, she says all of those sweet things to you, and then stabs you in the back!? Don't fall victim to her evil ways!

Alright. Remember that amazing job you did before? Try it again, cloud her vision with another SmokeScreen. Then, really let it claw at her insides, show her that you're better than her and use Swagger! Then hit her with a bone chilling Screech of your own. It's almost time for you to really get your revenge.

SmokeScreen ~ Swagger ~ Screech

Round Two

jaketiger1116 (Oo)
Psyduck
Mariana (F) <Cloud Nine>
Health: 96%
Energy: 89%
Commands: Worry Seed ~ Screech ~ Cross Chop
-Grinning from ear to ear
-Light Screen for 4 more actions
-1 Acc.

Sokka217 (Oo)
Stunky
Vincent (M) <Aftermath>
Energy: 96%
Commands: SmokeScreen ~ Swagger ~ Screech
-Why do you hit me my love?
-Attracted (35%)

Vincent hesitantly started the action by releasing smoke from his mouth. He hoped his lover could forgive him for this considering he wasn't really hurting her, just annoying her a little bit. The trail of smoke wafted lazily through the air and entered Mariana's eyes. Mariana's face evidently portrayed her displeasure. Smoky eyes aside, Mariana concentrated on producing a seed in her mouth. She then proceeded by spitting it directly between Vincent's eyes. Suddenly, Vincent started fidgeting, nervous of anything and everything around it. Even the crowds watching the battle seemed to make him nervous.

This doesn't deter Vincent from strutting around, albeit halfheartedly, in hopes of showing his lover how awesome he was. Bragging while combatting nerves wasn't easy though, causing him to make a few slip-ups. Mariana, infuriated the second Vincent started strutting about, didn't even notice her opponent's mistakes. She tried performing her next command, but due to her blind fury, all she managed to do was run towards Vincent and trip over herself.

Vincent rushed to aid poor Mariana back to her feet but remembered that he also had to screech at her. Instead of screeching, he did a sort of murmur growl thing, enough to make his opponent wince but not as strong as the attack would've been if he wasn't infatuated with her. Mariana, further infuriated by her opponent trying to help her, considering that as the highest form of insult, tried lashing out at her opponent but failed once again. This time, instead of tripping, she somehow managed to slap herself.

jaketiger1116 (Oo)
Psyduck
Mariana (F) <Cloud Nine>
Health: 86%
Energy: 78%
Performed: Worry Seed ~ Nothing ~ Nothing
-Furious
-Light Screen for 1 more actions
-2 Acc.-1 Def. +2 Atk. Confused(50%)

Sokka217 (Oo)
Stunky
Vincent (M) <Insomnia>
Energy: 92%
Performed: Smokescreen ~ Swagger ~ Screech
-My poor love
-Attracted (15%)

Terrain Notes
-There's a bit of mud at Mariana's feet

Smokescreen -1 Energy
Swagger -2 Energy
Light Screen -3 Energy
Screech -1 Energy
Worry Seed -4 Energy
Confusion fail -5 HP -2 Energy
Confusion fail -5 HP -2 Energy

Final Notes
-Swagger, relying on bragging and confidence, had reduced accuracy because Vincent was nervous
-Sokka217 commands first

...Well done Vincent. I'm so proud. *evilly grins*

Again. Hit her with Swagger! Then.. ..It's time for you to get your revenge. Use a sinister little move that we all know and love called Punishment. Then finish it off with Haze. We don't want that massively high attack stat coming to bite us in the butt, now do we?

Swagger ~ Punishment ~ Haze

Oh my. Mariana, I don't want that Punishment to hit you. Why don't you Dig underground. Then I want you to Rest for one action, and then Dig right back up striking Vincent from below.

Dig (Down) ~ Rest ~ Dig (Attack)

Round Three

jaketiger1116 (Oo)
Psyduck
Mariana (F) <Cloud Nine>
Health: 86%
Energy: 78%
Performed: Worry Seed ~ Nothing ~ Nothing
-Furious
-Light Screen for 1 more actions
-2 Acc.-1 Def. +2 Atk. Confused(50%)

Sokka217 (Oo)
Stunky
Vincent (M) <Insomnia>
Energy: 92%
Performed: Smokescreen ~ Swagger ~ Screech
-My poor love
-Attracted (15%)

Vincent once again struts his stuff, boasting in his loudest voice. Apparently, of all the Stunky roaming Asber, he produces the smelliest and most vile gas of all. Thinking this will impress Mariana, he goes on for a few minutes, listing his accolades in chronological order. Mariana, however, is simply further repulsed by her opponent. She is infuriated by the time her opponent is done bragging. Down she goes, while thinking of the multiple ways of inflicting pain. She releases her pent up fury by clawing at the ground quickly and powerfully, eventually digging herself into a long dark tunnel. While doing this, she forgets about her light screen, causing it to disappear as if it weren't there in the first place.

Vincent, after all his boasting, experiences a sudden change in his emotional state. For some reason, he becomes suddenly furious, wishing to punish his opponent for her increased power. True, he did cause that, but that is insignificant to him as of the moment. All this rage, however, is useless as his opponent is safely tucked underground.

Mariana, feeling a little tired, goes for a rest inside her hole. For the next few actions, she knows she won't be able to do much, but this is alright since she is safe in her tunnel.

Vincent then spews out an icy fog from his mouth, quite different from his usual mixture of poisons. He doesn't see his opponent while doing this, but luckily for him, the cold haze sinks its way into the tunnel, effectively chilling Mariana and removing her stat changes. Mariana, although somewhat cold, is still in her self-induced sleep.

jaketiger1116 (Oo)
Psyduck
Mariana (F) <Cloud Nine>
Energy: 67%
Performed: Dig (Down) ~ Rest ~ Nothing
-Zzz
Confused(35%) Asleep(2 more actions)

Sokka217 (Oo)
Stunky
Vincent (M) <Insomnia>
Energy: 80%
Performed: Swagger ~ Punishment ~ Haze
-Infuriated

Terrain Notes
-There's a tunnel below where Mariana used to be

Haze -4 Energy
Dig -4 Energy
Swagger -2 Energy
Rest +14 HP -7 Energy
Punishment -6 Energy

Final Notes
-Swagger, being a move that relies on emotions, is less likely to succeed after repeated use.
-jaketiger1116 commands first

Alright Mariana, I know you're enjoying your nap. So when you wake up, use Future Sight. (I figure since she'll be sleeping for two more actions I really only need to give one command, right?)

Future Sight

...*fumes*
It's alright Vincent. Punishment missed. But now, we're going to drown her in her sorrows.

Trot your way on over to her hole where she hides, and use Acid Spray into it, so she's sitting in a nice, pool of sizzling acid. Then, crawl into the hole and make sure you have her in your sight (Or at least the acid pool if she's really that deep) and fire a nice Sludge Bomb at her, but be extremely careful not to fall into the acid yourself. And while your on your way out, use SmokeScreen, so she has a nice cherry on her gift when she awakens, but be sure to keep your eyes closed while you make your way out, so the smoke doesn't effect you too. And like before, be extremely careful, don't want to slip and fall into your own death trap.

Acid Spray ~ Sludge Bomb ~ SmokeScreen

Round Four

jaketiger1116 (Oo)
Psyduck
Mariana (F) <Cloud Nine>
Commands: Nothing ~ Nothing ~ Future Sight
-Zzz
Confused(35%) Asleep(2 more actions)

Sokka217 (Oo)
Stunky
Vincent (M) <Insomnia>
Energy: 80%
Commands: Acid Spray ~ Sludge Bomb ~ SmokeScreen
-Infuriated

Vincent, prodded by his trainer, trotted his way over to his opponent's hole. He tried guessing how deep it was, but he didn't have a clue. The tunnel was simply too dark. He started producing a few gurgling sounds then started to gag. A jet of acid was sent into the tunnel. Vincent wasn't sure if he hit his target, but he continued with his attack anyway. He tried holding his attack for as long as he could, attempting to fill the tunnel with acid.

Mariana couldn't be bothered to attack while in her sleep. Her trainer could've given her commands, causing her to randomly murmur in her sleep, but that wasn't to be. Instead, she spent the action itching and fidgeting uncontrollably in her sleep as acid rained from above. The acid didn't collect and form a pool like Vincent's trainer had hoped. Instead, it seeped its way into the ground below.

The fans groaned in unison as Vincent scuttled its way into the tunnel. How were they supposed to cheer when they couldn't see the action? Vincent had no way of seeing how far the tunnel would go, and he was as blind as a bat while attempting to follow commands. Eventually, after squinting for minutes, he gave up looking for his opponent and sent a ball of poison hurtling downwards. Thinking he heard a sploosh sound down below, he released gas from his behind, hoping his most recent smoke cloud would drift its way over to his opponent. He then climbed slowly upward, which wasn't an easy thing to do. Going down was a cinch, but he took a while going up.

Mariana awoke right as the smoke hit her face. What a way to wake up, she thought bitterly. She then looked to the future, eyes aglow, searching for the perfect moment to strike. After having selected her opponent's most vulnerable moment, she sent forth waves of psychic energy. Now, all she could do was wait for it to hit.

jaketiger1116 (Oo)
Psyduck
Mariana (F) <Cloud Nine>
Health: 80%
Energy: 62%
Performed: Nothing~Nothing~Future Sight
-I see the future. Fear me.
-2 Sp. Def. -1 Acc.
Confused(30%)

Sokka217 (Oo)
Stunky
Vincent (M) <Insomnia>
Performed: Acid Spray ~ Sludge Bomb ~ SmokeScreen
-Did I hit Mariana?

Terrain Notes
-There's a tunnel below where Mariana used to be

Mariana HP = 100 - 6 (Acid Spray) - 14 (Sludge Bomb) = 80
Mariana Energy = 67 - 5 (Future Sight) = 62
Vincent Hp = 91
Vincent Energy = 80 - 2 (Acid Spray) - 5 (Sludge Bomb) - 1 (Smokescreen) -2 (Going in tunnel) - 3 (Digging up) = 67

Final Notes
-All of Vincent's moves had reduced accuracy.
-Sokka217 commands first

Last edited:
Vincent.. ..Uh, none of that went as expected.. Sorry, my bad on it being so dark, should have thought of that. Well uh, just use Screech down into the hole. And make it as loud and as high pitched as you can, I want it to really echo down in there. Next, I want you to use Toxic if she resurfaces, but if she remains underground, use Hone Claws instead. Then, if she has resurfaced, use Shadow Claw, but if she's STILL underground, use Incinerate on the ground around the hole, lighting the grass on fire.

Screech ~ Toxic/Hone Claws ~ Shadow Claw/Incinerate

Last edited:
Sorry guys!
Alright Mariana, Dig back up and attack Vincent from underneath. Then use a Cross Chop, and use Refresh if Vincent poisoned you. If not, then use Ice Punch

Dig~Cross Chop~Refresh/Ice Punch

Round Five

jaketiger1116 (Oo)
Psyduck
Mariana (F) <Cloud Nine>
Health: 80%
Energy: 62%
-I see the future. Fear me.
-2 Sp. Def. -1 Acc.
Confused(30%)

Sokka217 (Oo)
Stunky
Vincent (M) <Insomnia>
-Did I hit Mariana?

Vincent started off by opening his mouth as wide as he could. With a high-pitched scream, he focused on the hole where his opponent was hiding. The loud, piercing noise echoed back and forth in the tunnel, causing Mariana to cover her ears in pain. She then dug straight up, making a tunnel parallel to the one she had previously made. Making sure she was under Vincent as soon as she was about to surface, she burst out of the ground and managed to startle her opponent with her attack.

Vincent was infuriated at this. How dare his opponent startle him? In vehemence and fury, he spun around quickly and lifted his tail. While a normal skunk would only release foul chemicals that would cause nasal displeasure, Vincent's chemicals were of a more dastardly sort. He released a thick purple stream of liquid straight into Mariana's face. The toxins then proceeded by entering her nervous system. In revenge, Mariana slowly crossed her arms. With her arms slightly aglow, she hit her opponent with her crossed arms, inflicting severe pain and causing her opponent to buckle under the force of the attack.

Vincent then held out his paw, and a dark aura slowly extended from his forearm to the tips of his paws. The aura took on a shape of a claw, and Vincent hit Mariana with all his might. Mariana, who was in pain, suddenly glowed wight, her body purging the toxins from her system. Then, she waited. She knew this was the time when her previous attack would hit. Suddenly, the air around Vincent glowed, and he was lifted in the air as if under the effects of telekinesis. A huge ball of psychic energy appeared out of nowhere and struck Vincent, but he wasn't hurt at all. Mariana's expression of satisfaction quickly turned into a scowl.

jaketiger1116 (Oo)
Psyduck
Mariana (F) <Cloud Nine>
Health: 71%
Energy: 48%
-Furious.
-2 Sp. Def. -1 Acc. -2 Def.
Confused(15%)

Sokka217 (Oo)
Stunky
Vincent (M) <Insomnia>
Health: 68%
Energy: 57%
-That's all you can do?

Terrain Notes
-There are two tunnels in the ground.

Mariana's HP = 80 - 9(shadow claw) = 71
Mariana's Energy = 62 - 4(dig) - 6(cross chop) - 4(refresh) = 48
Vincent's HP = 91 - 8(dig) - 15(cross chop) = 68
Vincent's Energy = 67 - 4(toxic) - 2(screech) - 4(shadow claw) = 57

Final Notes
-Psychic type attacks don't affect Stunky.
-jaketiger1116 commands first

Oops, my bad.

Well Mariana, let's see what we can do here...let's go for an all-out assault. I want you to use Mud Bomb twice, and then go in for a Cross Chop. I know you're getting tired, I'll take care of you soon, Mariana.

Mud Bomb~Mud Bomb~Cross Chop

Ooohhh boy this should be fun.
Hey Vincent, let's dodge all of his attacks and use Dig, but once you've done your tunneling down, make a nice room for you to be able to move around in. Then, once you're down there, use Hone Claws twice.

Dig (Down) ~ Hone Claws ~ Hone Claws

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom