• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Kingdom Hearts

Adnan

noobcake 1000
Has anyone played this game?

I've played both of the versions for the PS2 and I absolutely loved them. A fusion of Final Fantasy characters and Disney Worlds and Villains, this game is a classic.

Could do with a name change though.

I LIKE the name.

Hah. KH2 was the first RPG I beat before Dad did.

Heck, I beat it before he even STARTED.

Sora <3

Riku also <3

ehh I kinda liked KHI but KHII was just not good. Also I didn't like any of the original characters and they kinda butchered a lot of the non-original ones. Fighting was fun though I guess?

I like 'm. but yeah they did butcher most of the non-original characters even for an au ugh >:|

needs more khiifm+

I think they were decent enough. Fun, and it was nice to see cameos from Disney and FF (though there was a massive shortage of FF characters, especially in KHI) and the plot was half-decent, but the females were mostly crap, with the exception of Larxene, who was the only female in Org XIII and only in CoM anyway.

I've never played KHI.
GASP
But man, KHIIFM+ was a major improvement from the original. It's awesome to keep fighting Org. XIII members.

I think they were decent enough. Fun, and it was nice to see cameos from Disney and FF (though there was a massive shortage of FF characters, especially in KHI) and the plot was half-decent, but the females were mostly crap, with the exception of Larxene, who was the only female in Org XIII and only in CoM anyway.
What Dannichu said. (Man, I find myself somehow agreeing with Dannichu on everything. XD)

Maleficent was a pretty decent female character though, wouldn't you say? She was delightfully evil. I liked her ever since I saw her in Sleeping Beauty.

Yeah, the Gummi system in KHII wasn't so great, unlike the one in KHI, in which I made the Ultimate Gummi. The Item Synthesis in KHII was better, it took me forever to get the Ultima Weapon in KHI.....but the only thing that drove me insane in KHI was Sephiroth and that stupid four-armed thingy in Agribah after you return.....

I've played both of the versions for the PS2 and I absolutely loved them. A fusion of Final Fantasy characters and Disney Worlds and Villains
@____@; BIGGEST. PET. PEEVE. EVER.

The Final Fantasy cameo are irrelevant to the game. They are just that - cameos. It is not a mix of Final Fantasy and Disney; it's purely a Disney game with some insignificant Final Fantasy cameos thrown in. [/irrationally annoyed]

Dannichu said:
(though there was a massive shortage of FF characters, especially in KHI)
That's because it's a Disney game. ;_; Sorry for coming off as pissed off like I am, it's just beyond a pet peeve for me.

Err... yeah. Played the first and it is among my favorite games ever. Chain of Memories was alright, but Kingdom Hearts II is still among my least favorite games ever. (People who've been here awhile probably know about how much I despise it already.)

@____@; BIGGEST. PET. PEEVE. EVER.

The Final Fantasy cameo are irrelevant to the game. They are just that - cameos. It is not a mix of Final Fantasy and Disney; it's purely a Disney game with some insignificant Final Fantasy cameos thrown in. [/irrationally annoyed]

That's because it's a Disney game. ;_; Sorry for coming off as pissed off like I am, it's just beyond a pet peeve for me.
Um, I'd say the KH original characters fit the Final Fantasy mold pretty well. Yes, the Final Fantasy cameos are cameos, not major characters, but the overall setting and most of the original characters would fit pretty damn well into a Final Fantasy game.

I see very little of a Disney influence in any of the KH original characters, other than part of Sora's character design. They're pretty much all Square.

but the females were mostly crap, with the exception of Larxene, who was the only female in Org XIII and only in CoM anyway.

Did you know Marluxia was originally meant to be a girl? I was mad when I heard that. It would've been awesome having the two main villians in CoM be female.

I loved KHI, but I haven't really liked KHII as much. The Disney worlds in that game were almost like lip service, absolutely nothing to do with the main story. And Disney's baddest b!tch turning good? WTF was up with that? >:O

Marluxia would've made a wonderful female character if they simply made him be a her and didn't alter anything else. this being square and disney of course that wouldn't happen >:|

But she didn't turn good. It's just that apparently, as far as Sora's concerned, Maleficent - self-proclaimed QUEEN OF ALL EVIL - is... less of a threat than the amoral Organization. it's like yes Xemnas was insane and power-hungry but I REALLY DON'T THINK HE PRIDES HIMSELF ON BEING EVIL WHAT THE HELL SORA WHY ARE YOU SIDING WITH HER

KHII went as follows: plot, disney filler, plot, disney filler, plot, disney filler, plot, etc. All of Beast's Castle had anything to do with the overarching storyline. :|

But she didn't turn good. It's just that apparently, as far as Sora's concerned, Maleficent - self-proclaimed QUEEN OF ALL EVIL - is... less of a threat than the amoral Organization. it's like yes Xemnas was insane and power-hungry but I REALLY DON'T THINK HE PRIDES HIMSELF ON BEING EVIL WHAT THE HELL SORA WHY ARE YOU SIDING WITH HER

I'd believe that. :D It's just that when Maleficent and Pete were holding off the Heartless to let Sora and co. continue on, Mickey said, "They're doing as their hearts command. We can't interfere." WTF

That's probably because KH!Mickey is a bit of a dick. normally Mickey Mouse would've actually considered not going 'okay yeah let's go kill the last of 'm' after Xemnas's "What other choice might we have had?" line. :|

Kingdom Hearts is pretty much my second favorite RPG series ever, first being Pokemon. I loved the concept from when I first saw a commercial for it, and I still love it as much as I did back then.

Except for CoM, it can go burn in hell. Story? Good! Introduction to KH2's bad guys? Even better! Card-battle-action-game system? No...nooooo...

Yeah, the Gummi system in KHII wasn't so great, unlike the one in KHI, in which I made the Ultimate Gummi.

I think you're the only person alive that likes the KH1 Gummi ship better than the KH2 one.

I... sort of liked the first game, but the second one tried to take itself too seriously. I loved the sketchy fun of KH1, and KH2... was just weird, like trying to be all cool, and failing.

I liked the cameos, they were fun while they lasted, although I much preferred all the cameos in the first few parts of the first game, rather than the ones in KHII - and the fandom just really really irritates me.

I didn't get nor like Organisation XIII, to be perfectly honest. It also annoyed me that there was one female and she was only in Chain of Memories.

The Disney worlds were okay in the first game, but got annoying in the second.

Back
Top Bottom