• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

In Progress Legends

Dar

oops, did it again
Pronoun
they
I like Pokémorph fics... This is sort of one. I'll have a prologue explaining the details, but a few things that won't be there will be explained here.

The story takes place in the modern world, with a few tweaks. Some technology will be quite advanced, more so than what we have now. Secondly, while Pokémon are the main part of the story, the term Pokémon does not exist. As this story revolves around Legendary Pokémon, they are usually referred to as Legends, occasionally gods, and most often, beasts.

Also, don't expect this to update frequently. It may at times, but I'm lazy, and also have quite a bit of homework and other things.
~~~~~
Prologue
A man and monster faced each other, the area around them pitch black. The creature stood before the man, though it was several times taller than him. The creature's body was a deep crimson color, decorated with black lines all across its back. Large white spikes ran down its sides, down to the tip of its tail. Its stubby arms and legs held claws which looked similar to the spikes. It seemed to be permanently slouched, as if unable to hold the weight of its own head. The reptilian face seemed emotionless.

"Perhaps I should explain further," the creature said in a deep, rough voice. "My kind are the beings who run this world." It seemed to have no issues being as blunt as it was. "Perhaps in essence, we are the world. We are the creators and maintainers of all. We control the land, sea, even your own emotions. Time itself is in our hand." He paused for a moment. The man listened silently.

"We are indeed powerful. However, even the most powerful need to rest. Every two millennium, we reside in a 'host' of sorts, to regain power we may have lost during the period we were without a host. Normally it is humans, or whatever the dominant species is at the time. I remember having a host of one of the creatures you call dinosaurs. It was going smoothly until that being from space..." It shook its head, which looked odd due to its lack of a visible neck. "Nevermind. That is a story for another day." He looked down at the man. "I presume you know what I'm about to do."

The man looked up, fear in his eyes. "Do I have a choice?" The beast shook its head once more. "Unfortunately, no. No other human is capable of withstanding my power. Speaking of which, while you are hosting me, you will have the ability to use a fraction of my power, as well as transition between my own form as well as yours. However, you will never be able to fully be one or the other." He paused, thinking about if there was anything left to say.

"Are you ready?" The man stuttered, "I s-suppose..." "Good." The man's vision blurred, and the world faded to white.
~~~~~

There you go. I'll begin to introduce characters in the first chapter. Also, don't expect each chapter to be particularly long.

And in case you didn't figure it out, the Pokémon speaking was Groudon.

Edit is being weird for me... I wanted to add another couple paragraphs to the prologue, but I'll just put it here until I can edit it in. This post will be deleted when I do so.

-----
And that is how it began. The Legends once again found human hosts. However, most of these hosts could not control the newfound power that had been given to them, causing large-scale damage spanning several areas and countries. Governments of their respective countries quickly found them and contained them, and continued to search for more.
However, a select few escaped this fate. Whether it was because they simply could not be caught, or they weren't powerful enough to be noticed, they were never contained. They are their last hope.

Back
Top Bottom