• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Live Action Pokemon movie?

What the fuck.

Part of me wants this to be real but the other part of me is telling me to shut up because it looks retarded.

...I think its probably fake.

Thoughts?

(Mods move this anywhere else it might need to go. I put it in the anime section because films are somewhat similar to it but i don't really know)

So fake. There are guns, and there is no way Pokémon is ever putting guns back into the series. The Legend of Dratini (that's the title, correct?) was banned for gun use. And why would that woman be pointing a gun to her head? The Pokémon Franchise or whoever would never do this. It looks horrible. I can't even recognize the characters!

The quality sucks, just saying. It doesn't seem like something I'd watch. This just seems very fake. I can't see this being a real movie. I'm sorry, but just no. It's possibly the worst trailer for anything EVER. It's definitally fake.

Last edited:
Looks very, very fake. The CGI is bad enough that you can tell it's bad even in this horrible quality. Which is bad. Pokémon is a huge enough franchise that it would get a way better budget than that.

Looks very, very fake. The CGI is bad enough that you can tell it's bad even in this horrible quality. Which is bad. Pokémon is a huge enough franchise that it would get a way better budget than that.

...Well, yeah. Butterfree posted exactly what I was going to.

Still, as awful as this looks, I would actually watch it. I thought the Super Mario Bros. Movie was rather entertaining...

I wonder why people ever entertained this to be real at all. "Grittiness" I could see happening, but the CG is terrible. Super terrible. Even the ingame models are better than that.

And why would that woman be pointing a gun to her head?

Obviously the Pokemon are their Personas, and the characters need Evokers to bring them out~

loljk

on topic, I saw this yesterday. Part of me wishes it were real. But that's a very small part of me that I wish would just go die and never come back.

If they're gonna do a fan movie of any sort, at least make it decent. The Megaman fan film was at least awesome. This is not.

Oh yeah, I need to see Eddie Labron's Megaman. That looks awesome.

...but yeah, obvious fake is obvious.

Even in this horrible quality, it is almost undeniably fake. The "CGI" looks like select pieces from cutscenes in Pokemon XD cheaply slapped into a live-action setting with gratuitous smoke and fire and general "ooh ahh". However, if it were real, I'd definitely want to check it out. Even if only to XD at it.

Wow, so completely fake. As you guys said before, the CGI looks horrible and there are... guns!? In a Pokémon movie!? If this was real I wouldn't go see it. Bleh.

Wow, so completely fake. As you guys said before, the CGI looks horrible and there are... guns!? In a Pokémon movie!? If this was real I wouldn't go see it. Bleh.

Come on. Admit it. A very small part of you wants to see it. Albeit a small part of you that you wish would go die, but one that wants to see it nonetheless.

Completely fake. The Pokemon look worse than they did on the N64, and in 2010 I think CGI can make something a little nicer looking. Plus guns in Pokemon? Ummm no. Although I thought that part where Voltorb was used as a car bomb was hilarious.

Back
Top Bottom