• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Marvel vs Capcom 3

fresh fruit for Adol

even electronic brain pancake crystal elderly
So uhh, anybody else playing the only 2D fighter that's as big and popular as, if not more than Street Fighter 4 (Which is a really lame game, btw >.>)? What teams do you like to use?

And who's sick of seeing Dante's in other players teams? :P

My main team consists of my good ol' buddies Dante, my front man, Zero, ideally my anchor in the worst of situations (Provided all goes well and I don't get hit by any Snap Backs >.>), and Amaterasu. I originally thought about maining Deadpool or Taskmaster instead of Amaterasu, but despite how much I like the way they play I found she has much better OTG than either of them, and her speed really compliments Zero and Dante...

Also: share your gamertags/PSN ids if you have either if you'd like, so we can have some matchups and fun times.

Also2: Thor has the greatest command taunt ever. Justsayin'

Awesome! Don't mean to go off topic here, but Viewtiful Joe 3 is LONG overdue. What the hell, Capcom? Is it because Clover Studios shut down, or do they just not feel like making it?

It doesn't have the same fanbase Okami did that warranted a sequel there as opposed to VJ. Plus, as much as I like Viewtiful Joe, I'd honestly rather see a revival of Capcom's older series, Rival Schools, Darkstalkers, Breath of Fire, and Power Stone; the fact that there was not a single Rival Schools or Power Stone character in this was really disappointing for me :<

Although, if they revived Viewtiful Joe, then it'd mean they'd HAVE to give us another God Hand, which I was love <3

All I'm going to say for the cast is, they did leave the door open for a LOT of DLC. Which I wouldn't mind so much assuming they aren't terribly expensive. Hopefully less than BlazBlue's $8 per character... Characters I'm hoping for, some incarnation of Mega Man, Phoenix Wright, Batsu, Rufus, Servbot, Gambit, and someone from Third Strike. They put Alex in TvC, and then everyone in IV, Third Strike needs love here too.

As for Viewtiful Joe's gameplay, I just wish he had a horizontal Red Hot Kick like in TvC. Few better traveling tools have been crafted.

OK, onto the main game itself. It's rather well-balanced considering what they were going for, and loads more balanced than 2. Sentinel is still a big baddie, but toned down somewhat. Magneto isn't as dominating. Storm is weaker too. Cable is just missing. They brought some characters up, toned some down. Spider-Man inexplicably sucks, though.

Dante is annoying. Amaterasu is real good. Chun-li doesn't suck. Morrigan, unfortunately, has Finishing Blast over Soul Eraser. The game works overall, I certainly love it.

Regular team as it stands now is Felicia, who got a good improvement from 2, though her level 3 is very hard to hit with, Akuma, who is just badass in this game, and Doctor Doom, a mainstay of mine from the second game who does everything the same as back then, except they took out Electric Cage and Sphere Flame is only marginally more useful. But it's almost worth it for his level 3.

Haggar, Chun-li, Morrigan, Joe, and Amaterasu are also fun for me to play as.

Zero's got some of the best OTG in the game off of Raikousen and Sentsuizan alone. Put that together with Dante's Jam Session assist or Amaterasu's Cold Star assist and you've got some pretty mean combos into Rekkouha or Genmu Zero.

Ha, yeah, only thing wrong is that he's got no life whatsoever. The only character that gets KOed quicker than him is Phoenix, who also packs some ridiculous punches.

Anyone has for PS3? I want to play with someoneeee D:

I would agree, except that Akuma has less health than Zero. Really, though, things tend to hurt in general in this game, as they did in 2.

Phoenix can be fun to play, depends on your playstyle. She's tricky, but as you said, huge damage output.

Yeah, true, but thankfully things aren't as broken or irritating in this as they were 2; 2 lacked any sense of balance whatsoever and everything was scaled over in favor of Magneto, Sentinel, Storm, Cable, and Strider. I couldn't stand the game. 3, while there are plenty of things to gripe about, and Akuma's infinite, actually has a sense of balance, and shows that it at least wants to be a good fighter. It just needs to stop trying to be BlazBlue, in order to be better >.>

Bumping because Ultimate MvC3 was announced today for a November release. 12 new characters and 4 revealed so far o:

Now, I don't care about the current editions to Marvel side, but we finally get Strider back, and Firebrand! :'D

I wish I had a PS3 or X-box 360 so I could enjoy it.

I have neither, this is what friends and the arcade are for.

I do enjoy Strider coming back. Wonder what he'll play like. Frank West isn't a surprising choice. And good to see Phoenix Wright finally shows up after all the speculation over Tatsunoko vs. Capcom.

The meatiest stuff, though, is if they're going to have any balance changes.

Oh, yeah they will. We can be sure of that. There are going to be changes to the engine itself so it's necessary.

My bet is on Zero getting horribly nerfed, just because Capcom is still mad at Inafune.

I'm bumping this because of Ultimate coming out in a few days. I swear to God, I love the new characters (NEMESIS! YESYESYESYES!!!) I do wish Gene (God Hand) was in, mainly so I could make a Clover Studios team since VJ and Ammy are in. Nevertheless, I'm gonna have fun with the new guys.

When it comes to my main team, I like Dr. Doom because I always loved how hammy and arrogant he was, and I love his playstyle, and Viewtiful Joe and Hsien-ko are characters who I love and play well with (And Hsien-ko has a great assist). Haggar, Trish, Felicia, Dormammu, and Spider-Man are also fun to use. I also like Spencer, Zero, and Super Skrull (Guy's a combo machine!), but I don't use them to often.

If they ever put out DLC (which I seriously doubt), I'm hoping for Gene, Franziska von Karma, and Dr. Octopus.

Back
Top Bottom