• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Masque Carnivalia [Sign-ups/OOC] CLOSED

Pronoun
she
Masque Carnivalia​

BACKGROUND INFORMATION: HOW IT HAPPENED​

It all happened so fast.

One minute we were all just casually watching the Black Parade that goes on every year in our town. I watched as the masked Jesters danced down the street, leading all the floats.

But then I saw a float I didn't recognize.

It was grayish and devil-looking. And eight men with long nosed masks were on it. Their eyes were hidden under heavy cloaks along with the rest of their bodies.

And I could've sworn that one of them was looking right at me.

Then, a moment later, seven of the cloaked men got off of the float as it came to a stop. They mingled into the crowd, and the weirdest thing was nobody other than me noticed them. I saw a guy on the other side of the street look confused at them, but other than that, no one I could see.

The man was heading for me.

I tried to push further back into the crowd, but it was too late; he had me by the collar.

I tried screaming for someone to help me, but it was as if I wasn't even there. All their attention was focused on the floats passing by.

I couldn't understand it all. Why didn't they see me getting abducted by this freak?!

As he pulled me back to his float, I saw six other people getting dragged to it, too. What were we all for?

The man that had remained on the float opened a secret door under the gargoyle statue on the float, and the others threw us in.

The locked the door back saying "Don't try to get out". I backed up into the corner and wrapped my arms around my knees as I looked at the others. I didn't dare speak a word. In fact, I don't believe any one of us did.

After about an hour or two, the float came to a crashing stop. We heard the men walking around on the top of it, and one man unlocked the door again. He pulled us all out with ease and shoved us onto the road.

I looked at what seemed like a run-down carnival with a broken sign saying "Welcome to Masque Carnivalia". I felt my heart sink as the men shoved us into the badly beaten place.

There were big chained doors that blocked the entrance of the place, and as soon as we were pushed into the circus, they quickly locked it back.

The seven of us rushed to the door, banging on it yelling for them to let us out.
But the men remained silent.

When we finally gave up on escaping, the tallest man stepped forward. "You have been chosen to experience what it's like being both Pokemon and human. You will no longer feel what its like being normal. Not for a while, at least."
He took a step back as a more heavy-set man took his place. "You Carnies will stay here until you have deemed yourself worthy of being normal. But for now, you're going to be abnormal."

The eight men all held out their pale hands and chanted a song, "Chains of glory, chains of shame. You shall never be the same. Go into the twilight when sunlight is gone, change into your element and your demons begone. Fire and Water, Grass and Rock, Psychic and Fighting and Ghost. Become one with the Pokemon spirit and relive your life!"

We all began to glow.

I felt my ears disappear as two large furry triangles came from my temples. I clenched my fists in pain as a blue, jagged tail come from the end of my spine. My hair seemed to grow a little, too.

As the light coming from our bodies faded, we were all changed. I looked at the others and they looked at the other others. But then our attention was focused on the screeching of tires.

The float and all the cloaked males were gone.

All that remained were us Carnies and our new, strange bodies.

This is our story of survival in Masque Carnivalia.

------------------------​

Now, basically this Roleplay is about Carnies, humans with Pokemon-like characteristics. The biggie about Carnies is that they can use Pokemon techniques. So, with their given element, the seven must survive using their new skills and bodies.

*Some rules to remember...
1) Use good Roleplaying etiquette. Therefore, don't Mary-Sue, no godmodding, etc.
2) Don't try to make a real plot here. Other than survival, there really isn't a plot at all. I expect it to stay that way.
3) As for elements, don't be part this AND part that. You get one element and that's it.
4) Also keep in mind that each element was meant for one singular person. So if someone's already Grass, you can't be it, too.
5) Each post you make should be AT LEAST one paragraph consisting of 5-8 sentences. No less than that.
6) And overall, just have FUN, for the sake of cake. Don't be constantly rude to everyone! Branch out and be at least a bit social with the other members! So on that note, you can't isolate yourself from others the entire time. You can have those moments now and then, but honestly, get out there and have some fun!

Now then, here's the form to fill out:

*Note: Please keep bolded parts bolded.

Name: (simple)
Element: (choose from Water, Fire, Grass, Psychic, Ghost, Fighting and Rock)
Pokemon reference: (basically the Pokemon your appearance and extra abilities are based upon)
Appearance: (I'd like it to be at least 2 sentences or more)
Personality: (I'd like it to be at least 3 sentences or more)
Writing sample: (I want to see how you guys type. It doesn't have to be a whole dang book.)

---

Here's mine for an example---

Name: Celest Backwater
Element: Fighting (Sorry, guys, but I'm taking it)
Pokemon reference: Lucario
Appearance: Celest has ivory skin and stands at 5'4. Upon becoming a Carnie, she has long navy blue hair that goes to her waist. Her eyes become a crimson shade, and two fairly noticeable blue ears with black insides are on her temples. She has a pearly spike on each hand. There is also a blue tail coming from the bottom of her back.
Wears black stretchy pants that are too long, a skin tight black turtle-neck sweater with a bronze button-up vest and red Converse hightops.
Personality: Celest is a shy person who has a low self-esteem. She doesn't think of herself as very much, and constantly hurts herself for not being good enough. She usually has a passive face unless she's sad, and rarely shows anger toward others. She doesn't smile very much.
Writing sample: I wrote all of this, did I not? That's good enough.

*Be sure to check the latest post whenever it's all filled up! I plan to post some important notes and such for the Roleplay itself! :D

-Carnies-
1. Ulqi-chan: Celest/Fighting/Lucario/F --Accepted
2. DarkAura: Kiara/Water/Squirtle/F --Accepted
3. Black Yoshi: Conner/Fire/Blaziken/M --Accepted
4. Mystic: Ally/Ghost/Mismagius/F --Accepted
5. Chief Zackrai: Logan/Rock/Rampardos/M --Accepted
6. Ever: Tess/Grass/Bayleef/F --Accepted
7. Lil Kuchiki: Annie/Psychic/Gardevoir/F --Accepted

Last edited:
Re: Masque Carnivalia [Sign-ups/OOC] OPEN

Reserving. Will finish later

Name: Kiara
Element: Water
Pokemon reference: Squirtle

Appearance: Kiara is a shiny squirtle, meaning her skin is a lighter blue, and her shell is green. Her eyelashes are long, signaling she a female.

Personality: Kiara is not very strong. She is, however, as brave as a Gyarados! She usually likes to rush into battles, but she can strategize any way to win.

Writing sample: (I'm just gonna make something random is all) I woke up inside a dim room. I couldn't see anything, not even my hands infront of my eyes. I looked around desperately for a light switch. I had to feel the wall just to find it. The wall felt like smooth concrete. I finally felt the light switch and franticlly turned it on.

No light.

I then tried to find a door out of the room. The night sky would illuminate everything at least a little. When i found the doorknob, I twisted it and swun the door open. I walked slowly outside. I knew it was outside because my feet felt the morning dew on the grass. I was relieved to be out of the room. Something wasn't right though. There was still no light. I then realized something I had always been dreading.

I was blind.

Last edited:

FIRE FIRE. BURN.

Name: Connor Morgan

Element: Fire

Pokemon reference: Blaziken

Appearance: He's always been rather tall, being over six feet, but after the transformation, he got a bit of free muscle mass. His skin looks, not quite sunburned, but redder than normal. He has long, white hair, a result from his change, and has been forced to compromise on his number of fingers, no longer having a pinkie. He also has a little tail of feathers, but it gets hidden by his pants. He wears a pair of simple jeans, and a white sweater over a black t-shirt.

Personality: He's always been happy. Too happy for his own good. Immature and light-hearted, he fails to see the bad side to most situations, getting too easily distracted to care. This whole thing to him, despite his silence throughout the beginning, is going to get better. His antics, unfortunately, aren't as entertaining to others as they are to him.

Writing sample: (Not sure how to do this, so I'll just go with a bit of his reaction to the dudes coming off the float.)

"Huh." Connor looked at the float with slight interest. "That's new." He wondered if they would throw candy at some point, or if they were just a bunch of sourpusses who thought they were making a statement. Most of the got of the float at some point. Candy it is. He thought to himself.

One of them stopped right in front of Connor. "Did I win fifty dollars or something?" He asked.

"Shut up." The man barked as he grabbed Connor's shoulder. Connor began to protest, but realized that nobody seemed to care. Was there a point in protesting this act if nobody would do anything? No.

"Did I just get Punk'd?" He asked. The man pulled him down to eye level and smacked his ear. Connor bit his tongue on impact, tried to ignore the whining sound produced, and was dragged to the float, tongue hanging out of his mouth.

PS, curse you for taking Lucario. >:(

Last edited:

...and was dragged to the float with said tongue handing out of his mouth.

Was "handing" supposed to be hanging? And what's the "said" for...?
In any case, I understand the occasional typo if that's what it is.

Either way, accepted. :D

OOps I is soory fOr mY tiping errorrs. :3 Yes, it was supposed to be 'hanging.' And 'Said' was just because it was talking about his tongue. Which he bit. Earlier. Then again, he really only has one tonuge, so... Meh. *Edits*

Ghost reserved.

Name: Ally Nyen

Element: Ghost

Pokemon reference: Mismagius

Appearance: As a human,she had long dark brown hair, brown eyes, and tan skin. She was about 4 feet tall. Now,she has purple and black hair with a ragged witch hat perpetually stuck on her head, and she is about 4 and a half feet tall.
Personality: Pessimistic,but usually willing to help. Likes to play tricks,and seems to attract trouble wherever she goes.
If she is pissed off, you better run.

Writing sample:PMD:The Time Paradox post
Cecelia screamed.
"How dare you break my concentration!"
She touched Dialga again,this time while chanting.
Argonsa welk feee...
Dialga seemed to understand her,and a portal was opened.
Cecelia made a new,but weaker shield, and dashed into the portal.

Done!

Last edited:

Seems interesting enough, I love carnival stuff. Reserve me Psychic.

Reserve Rock for me.

Name: Logan Kurssur
Element: Rock
Pokemon reference: Rampardos
Appearance: He has a grey button-up tee shirt, and baggy jeans. His face is similar so that of a Rampardos, with bones poking out at the top. He has gone bald, and his eyes are small and beady. His arms are thin and short and his legs are thick and misshapen. Logan has also started to grow a small tail.
Personality: He's a shy person, and does not know his strength anymore. His transformation has made him even more shy, because he doesn't want to hurt people. People aren't really attracted to his cage at the carnival, so he thinks that they're going to get rid of him soon. He mostly just wants to be free.
Writing sample: Here, I wrote this on a whim one time.

can we take the writing sample from a previous RP we were in?

Last edited:

Reserve Grass

Name: Tess Cosselmon
Element: Grass
Pokemon reference: Bayleef
Appearance: Tess is a bit shorter than average. Her large hazel eyes are always bright and her waist-length hair is a glossy blue-black.
Personality: Tess is generally pretty talkative and social. She loves just hanging out with her friends, and considers laughing a hobby. She can be awkward.
Writing sample: One-Shot

Last edited:

Reserved all reservees, put down new info on Carnies, Ever's accepted, and, just for the heck of it, found a theme song. :D

Okay, in other news, if anyone who has their info in already but doesn't have, like, one thingy in the form filled out, please go ahead and do it. I'm just itching to start this thing, but I require a minimum of 4 characters to get this thing off the ground. :3

EDIT: Also something important to think about--If you have a reserved spot and KNOW you aren't gonna be here to play as it, just go ahead and give it up. Some other people might want to be apart of this.

EDIT AGAIN: Ally is accepted. :3

Last edited:

Hey, for my writing sample, can't you just look at my "The Kidnapping" story? I know you've seen it.

The thing about that is it's all messed up with Grammar, right? :/
Not a very good example in my opinion.

Last edited:

"In front" is two words
"I" needs to be capitalized
A few commas here and there missing.

But, other than that, accepted.

Will my post my sign up tomorrow, some school work to do today. Sorry for the delay.

Understandable.

IN OTHER NEWS, I plan to start the RP tomorrow if the other two get their characters in.
This is happening so fast! I didn't even expect THREE people to join this, let alone seven.

Any question any one has, VM, PM or post it on this thread. I'll be glad to answer. :3

EDIT: ...Or I can post it today and the other two are introduced later. Whatever you guys decide.

Back
Top Bottom