• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Microwave meals

ignore_this_acct

Pronoun
she
What are your favorite microwave meals and foods?

Personally, I find hot pockets to be amazing, considering how it only takes two minutes to prepare, and that you can buy 12 packs at a decent price, and for the taste, they aren't super fattening.

Microwaved anything isn't half bad, but I'd rather everything is cooked.

Steak pies and lasagna are always good.

I use microwaves to heat shit up moreso than to cook it.

So... microwave popcorn and that's about it.

Annie Chun makes some of the best instant noodles I've ever had ever. The noodles are actually pre-cooked and vacuum-sealed, none of that freeze-dried shit. :v

They're pretty expensive for instant stuff though.

Oh, and Chef Boyardee ravioli. Fuck yeah.

(Other than that, I prefer oven-ready to microwaved. Anything previously frozen going into the microwave results in limp, soggy disappointment.)

Ramen, popcorn, pot pies, hot chocolate, tea.... I don't like those TV dinners, though. Those taste like shit.

I cook soup in the microwave, too. Actually, if it's tinned (baked beans, spaghetti, etc.) I probably microwave it. Cooking on the hob does take forever (especially on our stupid electric hob) and means more washing-up at the end. I usually scramble eggs in the microwave, too.

I eat actual microwave meals a lot less now; I lived on them in my first year of university, where the only cooking equipment we were given was a kettle, a toaster and a microwave, so I got a little sick of them (usually pasta meals; macaroni and cheese and/or penne and tomato).

watties spagiti. i don't really eat enough to really make stuff in the microwave, i mostly use it to heat up stuff that is already cooked. (one of the awesome things about living with your mum.)

Back
Top Bottom