• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

My Little Pony: Friendship Is Magic (OOC/Signups)

Dinru

Powered by lesbianism!
Everypony in Ponyville is happy as can be! Except for the dastardly Meany Ponies, who keep trying to ruin everyone’s fun.
Rules:
1. This is a sandbox-style RP, but that doesn’t mean you can godmod or change the course of the story for nonsensical reasons. Use some common sense and general RP etiquette.
2. Keep this fairly filly-friendly; nothing exceeding a PG-13 rating please. (Not that you should have much reason to go above PG in the first place.)
3. You can have up to three characters. How many are Meany Ponies and how many aren't is up to you, and you can add a new one at any time if you don’t already have three (though they’ll have to be approved by one of the mods in the OOC/Signups thread before you can play them, obviously).
4. You don’t necessarily have to be part of the club or know anything about the show to join. Everypony is welcome!

Application form:

Name: [Fairly self explanatory.]
OC or Canon: [Whether your character is an original character or one from the Canon. If they’re Canon, you don’t necessarily have to fill out the rest]
Meany?: [Are they a meany pony or a not-meany pony?]
Species: [Are they a Unicorn, Pegasus, Dragon, et cetera.]
Appearance: [As detailed or simple as you like, just give us a halfway-decent idea of what they look like. Remember to include what their cutie mark is, if they have one. Pictures also accepted.]
Age: [Not in years/months, but are they a filly, a child, an adult, old, immortal, et cetera.]
Gender: [Male, female, or anything else. Should be fairly self explanatory]
History: [A brief account of their life so far.]
Personality: [What they’re like, how they react to things, their disposition, et cetera.]
Other: [Anything else you’d like us to know about your character.]

Otherwise, have fun everyone! We’ll be starting when we have at least three not-meany ponies and one meany pony.

Name: Dinru S Farore
OC or Canon: OC
Meany?: Not a meany pony.
Species: Pegasus
Appearance:
iaza18589494177700.gif

History: She was born to two pegasi parents who love her very much, though now that she’s missing them quite a bit. She’s never had many friends, and was picked on as a filly for her ineptitude in flying. She has a small scar on her tummy from an unfortunate accident while flying, but she doesn’t like to talk about it.
Personality: Not having very many friends as a filly, she prefers the company of her bed, good food, and the occasional book or woodland creature. She is slothish by nature, but when she gets obsessed with something, she’ll suddenly kick into gear and do things well. She’s not an incredibly bright pony, but when she cares about someone she cares with all her heart.
Other: She has a severe butterfly phobia. It is supposedly related to her scar.

Name: LunaShine
Meany?: Meany
Species: Unicorn
Appearance: Her mane is a well-kept electric blue with a bright yellow streak, and her pelt is abnormally long and pale white. She has bright green eyes and her horn is white. Her cutie mark is a blood-red crescent.
History: Ever since she was young, she has had an affinity with the moon. When Princess Luna tried to create eternal night, she was enthusiastic rather than panicked. However, when the sun next rose she became filled with resentment towards all those who live in the sunlight and became bitterly disillusioned with her former idol the Night Mare. But, because her inherit powers as a unicorn are not enough to help restore eternal night, she mostly vents her frustration by playing childish pranks on the other ponies.
Personality: Snarky and disillusioned, she’s not a very agreeable sort. Once she becomes attached to an idea of how things should be, she won’t accept anything but how she has it imagined in her head. She has a strong initial distrust of other ponies, but it is possible to befriend her if you’re sneaky about it. Deep down beyond her malice, however, she finds it rather fun to pick on the other ponies and considers herself “friends” with her victims, in a twisted way.
Other: N/A

Last edited:
I have never RPed before so this will be interesting. CONFOUND THESE PONIES

Name:Chromian (but everyone just calls him Chrome)
OC
Not Meanie
Appearnce: Brown, green eyes, somewhat unkempt mane, cutie mark is a command prompt (C:\)
6ykv93.jpg

History: Born in Fillydelphia, he moved to Ponyville (or wherever this is taking place) after he finished school to help maintain the city records. Lives in a house near the center of Ponyville. Has a dog named Scampers. Hasn't really had much excitement in his life up until now, but never really wanted it. While in Fillydelphia, he was assigned a dragon assistant by the UDAB, the Unicorn-Dragon Assignment Board, named Ember. They've been together ever since. She assists him with the more aesthetic elements of his work and life, as well as sending reports back to the Technical Guild of Canterlot.
Personality: A deadpan snarker. Attacks situations and problems with dry wit and sarcasm. Most of the time, though, he approaches strangers with friendliness. Can be very stubborn and doesn't change his ways easily, even if it directly puts him at a disadvantage. Sometimes makes the wrong choices under pressure. He has a small group of friends that he is very close to. At his core, he is kind, and none of his sarcasm is really meant to injure. Tends to attack problems head-on before stopping and thinking about his alternatives. Very intellectual and loves to read. Excellent with computers. Most of his magic relates to technology and building things. Very handy and quick to pick up on new concepts. Loyal to his friends.
Other: Harry Trotter fan. (I HAD TO DO IT)

Last edited:
FUCK YEAH LET'S DO THIS

Name: Lili
Meany?: Not meany
Species: Looks like a pony, but is a quarter pony, a quarter pegasus, and half-unicorn
Appearance: Lili is a pink pony with a red mane and tail. She has huge unique eyes, a mix of colors like yellow, blue, green, and brown. They even have a ting of red. She has blonde highlights throughout her mane, too. Her cutie mark is a grey smiley-face sticking out its tongue.
History: Lili came from a troubled background. Her father and mother were seperated even before she was born, and her father, Bruce, was.. well.. not the nicest pony around. She was raised by her mother and lives with her now, her dad coming in and out of her life every once in a while. He is currently back in Ponyville (we live there, right?) for 'business', though Lili preferred he left. Lili was also raised with her three younger siblings and stepfather, who she loves dearly. She still has a relationship with her father, but it is a rocky one.
Personality: Lili is a reasonable young pony who likes to focus on the bright side of life, but her own inner demons bring her down sometimes. She loves taking care of younger and less-fortunate ponies, which is where she got her cutie mark from. She also can be disheartened and get depressed very easily, as she is super sensitive. But when she's happy, she's fun to be around and very lovable.
Other: Has two cats named Tessa-Mae and Charles Irving 'Charlie'.

Name: Pinkie Pie
OC or Canon: Canon
(I'm not gonna fill the rest out, since I don't need to)

Name: Bruce
Meany?: Ayup yups (he's a meany)
Species: He looks like a pony, but he's half-pony, half-pegasus
Appearance: A dark blue pony with a black mane and tail with red highlights. He has muddy brown eyes and some stubble on the end of his chin. He has a very stoic look about him and has a furrowed brown and wrinkles all around his face. He is frowning half of the time.
History: Raised by a pegasus father and a pony mother, he was abused at an early age by both parents. He signed up to join in Queen Celestia's army when he was an older child and after witnessing things that nopony should, he became hardened and rough. He has two children (possibly more, though he doesn't know for sure), one of them being Lili.
Personality: Hardened, he believes that the only feelings you should feel are either anger or happiness. He's disappointed in Lili, because of some things that have happened in the past (which may or may not be revealed later on). He really does try to be the best father he can be deep inside, though, but he hardly shows it. He also is prone to fits of rage and often uses very coarse language that most sensible ponies would avoid using.
Other: Has a bulldog named Gunnar.

Last edited:
@Doctor Whoof: Accepted!
@LiLiJANA: We don't have enough characters to start yet. Technically. But what the hay (had to sorry), we can start early.

@LiLiJANA: Accepted times three, but you have a few Mary Sue-ish elements in your Original Characters, just as a heads-up.

Hmm... what the heck, I'll join, just to cause mischief and terror amongst the cute little ponies...

Name: Starlight
Meany?: It's complicated
Species: Silver (Chaos) Dragon
Appearance: {Link to image} Her symbol is a 5-pointed star, but it's located on her forehead. She's only about 5 feet long and 2 and a half feet tall, but she's at a stage where she grows... very fast... and eats quite a lot. Her eyes are naturally red and glow brightly when she's especially adamant about something. She naturally has a 'magical' silvery mist that surrounds her body, usually very light and transparent, but can spread out into a thick, glowing fog when she wants it to.
History: Not much is known about Starlight's origins, but as she's very young, she doesn't have much of a personal past. One day, she appeared from out of the dark forest and stumbled into town, alone and without guidance...
Personality: Within Starlight holds the spirits of a battle that has raged on for centuries. She holds the combination of light and dark energies, swirling within her body. This makes her very unstable and prone to changes in mood and outbursts with the slightest catalyst. She can be very kind and sweet and usually likes to be helpful, but if her dark side gets a hold of her, she becomes disruptive, tricky, almost violent. She is naturally curious and playful.
Other:

Oh oh oh oh oh oh oh oh oh!!!

Name: Spike
OC or Canon: Canon
Meany?: No!
Species: Dragon
Appearance:
History: Fluttershy knows it
Personality: hnng
Other: his presence in the RP will be contingent upon Twilight Sparkle's. Whoever decides to play Twilight Sparkle (if anyone does), feel free to call upon Spike at any time :v Since that's kind of how he shows up in the show

Name: Ember
Meany?: Nope
Species: Dragon
Appearance:
21jn3fo.jpg

History: Sent out by the UDAB to become an apprentice to a pony, Ember was paired up with Chromian while he was still living in Fillydelphia. She lives with him and is his friend and all-around assistant, usually doing his interior design for him and other such visual things that he doesn't really care about.
Personality: Ember is wisecracking and good-natured, usually getting along with most ponies. She often offers advice and visual consultation to others. She tends to take digs at Chrome, but that's only because she knows that he knows she doesn't really mean it.
Other: asdfghjkl;

Last edited:
@LiLiJANA: Accepted times three, but you have a few Mary Sue-ish elements in your Original Characters, just as a heads-up.

Yeah, I'm just basing it on some real-life stuff, so that's just how it is. I'll make a few changes, though.

Ah, time for some ponies.

Name: Arylett

Meany?: Non-Meany.

Appearance:
ArylettponyHornGlow-1.png

Has a light reddish pink coat with brown eyes, glasses, and a dark brown mane with a red streak. Accessories are a golden necklace with a small ruby and a flower in her hair. Cutie mark is a red symbol recurring most frequently in her drawings that was created by her imagination. It symbolizes creativity.

Age: Same age as however old the main canon characters are.

History: Her life has been rather uneventful, having been born and raised in Ponyville. Unlike some ponies, she has made very few friends, having isolated herself from them most of her life to work on her artistic pursuits. As a result, nobody really knows a lot about her.

Personality: Mostly quiet and shy, keeps to herself. She doesn't have anything against friendship, but is just so laughably awkward in social situations that she tends to fail to hold others in conversation. Said to have her head in the clouds, always dwelling more in her imagination than in reality. Creative and rather eccentric, often creating convoluted stories and odd drawings that don't look like anything in particular out of the blue, which is what lead to her cutie mark. Is very high-strung and anxious, but proves to be very loyal if you actually manage to befriend her.

Other: She has a bit of a soft-spot for flowers, which explains the one on her mane. Oh and the necklace was a gift from her family.

Last edited:
WOAH uhm, if I'm still able to, can you reserve a spot? I know the RP has started, but... If you can't that's fine, I just have a few things to work on first. C:

Everyone is accepted! And thank you for tweaking, LiLiJANA.

(And it's definitely not too late to sign up!)

If nobody's gonna do TS, I suppose I will, mostly because I think I want to use her in some capacity. :x

Name: Twilight Sparkle
Canon
(whelp you know the rest)

Reserve please? I know the RP already started but I really don't know what to do to with character yet.

Name: Snowflake Starlight
Meany?: No meanies pleasies.
Appearance:
iaza18589440572900.gif

Age: Teenager-ish, maybe? I'll have it just after she gets out of school.
History: Was always a bookworm, and wishes to get a job either like Twilight Sparkle's or helping Cheerilee. Gets good grades and stuff, there's really been no really notable events in her life. It's summer, right? Let's say it's summer vacation for her.
Personality: Her interaction with others is almost entirely dependant on who she's talking to. She's sweet and kind all of the time, but a little shy and unobservant. She's interested in friends, but often too afraid to go get them.

However, that attitute changes significantly when someone else starts the conversation. When paired with someone like Pinkie Pie, within seconds she becomes a laughing, crazy, random mess of jokes and rambles of some sort. When paired with another shy person like Fluttershy, she just tries and fails miserably to make decent conversation (sometimes including rambles, which are usually much more pathetic than usual).
Other: Yes, I know the only ponies that are shown to be in school are little kids (sorry Applebloom!). Maybe she's in college or something?

Last edited:
Yes! Thank you Dinru! :D

Name: Moon Bright.

Meany?: No.

Species: Unicorn.

Appearance: Black with a dark brown-almost black mane and tail with streaks of white, her unicorn horn is the same colour as her body, big, chocolate brown eyes, and she wears the top part of a suit (the top part of her suit looks like this but with the prosecutor's badge)and she wears no pants to show off her cutie mark, which is a golden court scale.

History: She has never lived an "interesting" life, you could say. Due to her shyness (and due to her being a bit apathetic most of the time), she has distanced herself away from society and has very few friends, most of which are older than her by more than three years. She was born and grew up in Ponyville and spends most of her free time either drawing or studying up on Pony Law (wtf), due to her profession. She also doesn't get along well with ponies of her age, since she's not interested in the things they do.

Personality: Tries to be nice with everypony, and tries to get on their good side most of the time. Due to her profession, she has been a bit apathetic towards most things, and tends not to feel too much remorse. However, she is shyer than Fluttershy, and is still pretty sensitive. She tends to be clumsy and gets embarassed easily, and sometimes lets her anger get the better of her. She's modest, as well. She's not good with a lot of things, but she tries not to let that put her down.

Other: She's a PONYYYYYY PROSECUTORRRRRRR if that's possible please let that be possible.

...I really hope she didn't seem Mary Sue-ish. :/ If you find anything too Mary Sue-ish please point it out~

Last edited:
question: Is it okay for my character to be in mortal danger and/or get injured? Or would that be too dark? I have a vague half-formed story line going on in my head, but before I cement any details I'd like to know what flies and what doesn't.

Back
Top Bottom