• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Nature/IV curiosity

Darksong

Back in action!
Out of curiosity, would it be more beneficial, if I want a certain stat to be as high as possible at level 100, to go for close-to-max IVs or a beneficial nature (as opposed to a neutral one)?

(I want to give my Anorith that I'm getting in Sapphire the best Attack stat possible in case I plan on training it, but I was wondering whether I wanted to have a beneficial nature or max IVs if I had to have one or the other.)

According to my calculations, Armaldo will have 350 attack at level 100 with max EVs, 1 attack IV, and beneficial nature vs 349 with max EVs, 31 attack IV, and a neutral nature.

well, since IV's go down to 0, that means: base > 125? nature. otherwise, IV. of course you'd probably go with natures even lower than that, because IV's aren't going to be 0 all the time.

Nature. Of course, it's even better to have a beneficial nature and non-awful relevant IVs. Don't worry too much about IVs for everything being awesome, if you decide to IV breed; just go for one or two stats.

Also, if you can at all help it, breed for natures in Emerald or later: you can give either parent an Everstone and it'll have a 50% chance of passing down its nature. Doesn't work in Sapphire, though.

But anyway. If you're set on Sapphire, reset/breed for nature, don't worry about IVs, and effort train.

Back
Top Bottom