• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Need help with fanfic

Bombsii

IM ON THE ROAD ON THE ROAD TO VIRIDIAN CITYYYY~
I wanna make a new fanfic about a boy named Ryke and his Lucario, its a lot more complicated but I won't ruin the fanfic, any tips on how to make one? this'll be my first one. Ideas would be good. Also I know how to get single posts but where would I write it, for example would I write it in The Coughing Cupboard, of course not. HELP?

Uh, well... Could you be a bit more specific? As in, what exactly do you need help with? "Tips on how to make one" is a bit too, you know, broad. My suggestion is that you go read someone else's fanfic - preferably a good one - in order to find out how it works.

Uh, well... Could you be a bit more specific? As in, what exactly do you need help with? "Tips on how to make one" is a bit too, you know, broad. My suggestion is that you go read someone else's fanfic - preferably a good one - in order to find out how it works.

aah cool thanks, nice idea. But what about plot ideas?

Its about Ryke, a homeless boy who can use aura and has learned to see it like his Lucario. He has a blank and almost evil mind. He sees no point in love, and sees the world from different eyes to everyone else.
Thats as far as I got. Also Lucario and Ryke have no real love connection. Lucario is "his servant" in his eyes, and Ryke doesn't know life without him. Thats the basic outline, also he meets a Sableye that keeps on following him, eventually as Ryke is stopped by a pokemon terrorist group they let loose regice, sableye shields him and saves his life.

Thats the BASIC outline of the first chapter or so, I have other stuff in mind any ideas?

Well, I don't know. When it comes to plot, I think you should work out the general idea yourself. Letting someone else come up with the plot for you takes away all the fun! I mean, I'm not saying you can't ask for tips and ideas every now and then, but you should at least have a basic idea of where you want the story to go.

Okay, so you know what's going to happen in the first chapter, but the fic in its entirety needs to have a plot, too. Otherwise you're going to get stuck pretty soon. It's easier to make your story go somewhere if you know where you want it to go.

Sounds to me like you want to write a story based on characters rather than plot. Which isn't, you know, wrong or anything, but you need to give them a purpose, or you won't be able to show people how brilliant those characters really are!

So you've got this Pokémon terrorist group thing in the first chapter. Maybe you could expand on that? It's not really very original, but it's something.

Seriously I'm not gonna spoil the plot and have full idea of what Rykes trying to acomplish. I know what i'm gonna write.

I kinda want tips on how to write the fanfic itself, i'm kinda alright for the plot but tips and writing it.

You're still being pretty vague here. If you've got the plot mostly down, what is it about the writing that you need help with?

Back
Top Bottom