• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Oh no. Arceus is coming to the U.S

What will happen when Arceus is revealed officially in the U.S?

• Mass chaos

Votes: 15 17.4%
  • Churches will condemn Pokemon

Votes: 21 24.4%
  • There will be many pointless newscasts about it

Votes: 10 11.6%
  • No one will care

Votes: 40 46.5%

• Total voters
I say a little o' two and a little o' three.
The last pope said Pokemon was harmless, so I think it'll be mainly Protestant Christains griping. Yes, they do make the majority in the US, so it doesn't make much of a difference.
The newscasts will be unintentionally hilarious, as always, though. It's always funny to see some middle-aged acter-wannabe rant on and on about how "Pokemons" are "corrupting our youth". A mispronounciation here, a mispronounciation there, gullible parents will have a fit over it, same ol' funny-as-hell crap that there was in the late 90s.

I don't believe any of the options are enough to convey the severity of the reaction.

I'm thinking pointless newscasts with unintentionally hilarious overpronounced words. We should take bets on how they pronounce "Pokémon". My bet's on "pock-uh-mans".

The extremely religious will have more to gripe about. And I'll have a great time hearing newscasts mispronounce Pokemon and probably Arceus as well. Also now my bio dad will gripe at me calling be an atheist for liking it as well. -__-

Choice number 2. Churches will probably sue Nintendo for making a Pokemon God. Number three also seems likely.

Either 1 or 4. Let's hope no one will care, but then again, mass chaos could be fun. >=)

I voted Mass Chaos. =P

Why is creating a Pokémon god an issue when no one makes newscasts about created religions in other games/stories?

LET'S BAN THE LEGEND OF ZELDA DIN, NAYRU AND FARORE ARE CORRUPTING OUR YOUTH

Hm, someone needs to paint big pictures of Arceus all over the ceiling of a church once that happens, kinda like the Sistine Chapel. That would lead to some SERIOUSLY funny newscasts nationwide.

Nothing much, I think. People are scared to admit they still like "pokeymanz". I, if asked, reply with, "Pokemon? Hell yeah." But other people are like, "hurr pokeymanz is stoopid lols hao cud u liek dat stuf". Whatever.

Eh, it'll probably get to the news somehow and someone will say something about it, but I doubt that we'll hear anybody screaming about the Pokémon series fabricating a god and stuff like that.

Four. Pokemon's heyday is done and past. It's not really popular enough to elicit any mass response.

I think nobody will care. Nobody except the people who want Arceus and those few nutters who say Pokémon is evil, that is.

Hmm, yeah, as long as some Pokemon's fan's parent doesn't see it and say "WTH THERE'S A GOD POKEMON OMG IM TOTALLY GOING 2 SUE NINTENDO" we should be fine.

Somehow I doubt every parent would react like that. In fact, it's probable hardly any would.

Back
Top Bottom