• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

[OOC/Sign up] Birth of the Cyber Dragons

Kali the Flygon

Devourer of Sandshrews
RP topic here

It is the year 2086. With the invention of the PX-32 Dragon, finally, the promise of affordable, personal space travel is within grasp. The unveiling of the Dragon 0.1 prototype, dubbed "Starlight", was a major hit, in terms of the innovative approach to tackling a major problem - mass-production of very expensive and dangerous materials. Rather than building a complete ship from scratch within massive production facilities, the Dragon's design and programming allowed it to be grown in only a single year, from a small, relatively inexpensive 'hatchling', up into a massive spacefaring ship, capable of supporting numerous humans within its body. Its use of "carbon nanocell" technology, and "microfusion" power meant that all the materials needed for its growth and operation were organic - carbon and water - and the fact that the major waste products were nitrogen, oxygen, and helium - perfect for life support systems, and released through the 'skin' - meant that there were almost no pollutants - a necessity for an eco-sensitive populace.

The Dragon, considered by many to be the first true 'artificial lifeform', is designed to be like a pet, to interact and form a bond with its masters, and can be fully adaptable and upgradeable based upon various conditions. Its physical design is based upon the mythical creature of the same name, providing capability for movement on land, in the air, and even underwater. It is able to communicate 'telepathically', sending radio wave signals along certain frequencies, as well as intercept different signals sent its way. That way, it can communicate with other Dragons as well as with the greater cyber community as a whole. Its other 'applications' are numerous, limited only to the imagination, including its ability to create simulated environments for its passengers.

A major defining characteristic of the Dragon is its ability to release a fog of 'silvery mist' from tiny pores in its skin. This mist glows, from a dim, near black, to a very bright white. Most of the inside of the creature is normally made up of a bright, dense sea of this mist, but its properties of matter, such as its density, apparent state (such as solid, liquid, or gas), and even color and texture, can be altered and controlled by the creature. The mist allows the Dragon greater sense of its environment, through interaction with surrounding materials, and is completely safe to the touch, but can also act as a protective barrier. A picture of the initial 'hatchling' stage of the prototype, "Starlight," can be seen here. Newer models may have slight differences already, but most of the customization will come as the creature grows, as well as the sprouting of wings.

Now, the first larger-scale beta testing period has begun. A small town by the name of Verdia, chosen by lottery, has been selected for the first testing of the "22nd Century technology." Numerous Dragons have been prepared to be sent to several different families within the town - all they have had to do is sign up. The goal is to see how well the products do in an open environment, to test interactions, growth and learning, and prepare the way for the final public release later on.

All the humans who signed up for a Dragon will be invited to a special 'unveiling' ceremony, where they will be able to choose their new Dragon and watch it 'hatch' from an egg, right before their eyes.
________

So, in this RP, you are allowed to play as one of the new artificial life forms, or as a human in the town. I will allow up to two player characters, one of each 'species', but your two characters may not be partnered with each other... they must each have someone else as a partner (that way, it's less 'boring'). Please keep all posts coherent and at least a paragraph in length. Other rules are mainly common-sense, and based upon the rules of the board.

To sign up, please fill out the following form:

Species: (Human or Dragon)
Name: (only need first name, though last name is optional for humans. Dragons may alternatively allow their partner to choose a name for them.)
Age/Gender: (only for Humans - Dragons have no particular genders, but can be customized during its growth period.)
Partner(s): (to be filled out later. Ask others if they want to be your partner. If there are two or more different human player characters in a single household, they would have to share one dragon)

I suspect we don't need biography/personality sections, but please try to keep those in mind... and all Dragons will begin as almost newborns, without much of a biography anyway, except having been created as eggs.
________

Accepted:

Humans:

Mewtwo : Crystal Fairway (partnered with Stormecho)
Kali the Flygon: Brian Sawgrass (partnered with Explosion)
Barubu: Matthew Cochrane (partnered with Mewtwo)
Storm Earth and Fire: Osorio de Vivar (partnered with dragonair)
Super Sugar: Aria Larchinn (partnered with Endymion)
Blastoise: Sarim Jackson (partnered with Xaldin)
drake67: Drake (partnered with Storm Earth and Fire)

Dragons:

Explosion (name Varan)
Stormecho (name Aeru)
Mewtwo (name Lucy)
Kali the Flygon (name Endymion)
dragonair (name Axall)
Storm Earth and Fire (name Argentum)
Xaldin (name Van)

Last edited:
Re: [OOP/Sign up] Birth of the Cyber Dragons

I'm usually into Pokemon RPs, but I just had to join this one. :D

Species: Dragon
Name: Letting partner choose
Age/Gender: ommited.
Partner: To be chosen

Doubt I missed anything. Gotta leave soon. Going to family reunion early to make and set up the food.

Yay, another dragon RP~ Guess what I'm signing up as. >>

Name: Aeru
Age/Gender: --
Partner(s): ...Anyone?

Species: Dragon (BANDWAGONING HERE)
Name: Letting partner choose
Age/Gender: Omitted
Partner(s): Offer, and I shall answer.

Aaaaaaandddd...

Species: Human
Name: Crystal Fairway
Age/Gender: 14/female
Partner(s): Aeru (if alright...)

=D?

Last edited:

Hehe, well, before this 'bandwagon' really takes off, let me remind people that, well, we do need to make sure we have enough humans, and having a dragon character doesn't mean you can't have a human character also ;)

That said, I'm gonna have a dragon character too.

Name: Endymion
Age/Gender: N/A
Partner(s): Mourmedy Charcill (Arylett Dawnsborough)

But also a human character.

Name: Brian Sawgrass (anyone sensing a golf theme? XD)
Age/Gender: 22/M
Partner(s): Explosion

Last edited:

First dragon RP.... Must join..... reserve please!

Name: Matthew Cochrane
Age/Gender:12/Male
Partner(s): Mewtwo?

Really, I shouldn't even honor 'reserves', since it takes literally 15 seconds to write up a signup.

In addition to human/dragon partnerships, feel free to add human/human relationships as well if your characters see fit.

Name: Axall
Age/Gender: ???
Partner(s): Storm, Earth and Fire.

Last edited:

Name: Osorio de Vivar
Age/Gender: 21/M
Partner: Asking Axall (dragonair)

Name: Argentum (negotiable)
Partner: Single... and searching.

Hehe, well, before this 'bandwagon' really takes off, let me remind people that, well, we do need to make sure we have enough humans, and having a dragon character doesn't mean you can't have a human character also ;)

That said, I'm gonna have a dragon character too.

Name: Will talk in over with partner first
Age/Gender: N/A
Partner(s): Ask, and ye shall receive... maybe.

But also a human character.

Name: Brian Sawgrass (anyone sensing a golf theme? XD)
Age/Gender: 22/M
Partner(s): Would anyone like to be his partner?

I call Brian. :D

Name: Van
Age/Gender: ???
Partner(s): Searching.... Searching....

Hmm... how's about bringing back an old character.

Species: Human.
Name: Mourmedy Charcill.
Age/Gender: 28/Female
Partner(s): Endymion. What Kali and I agreed the Dragon would be named~

Last edited:

@Barubu: Partnership accepted~ Now name me!!! lol

And (I'm calling it her) name shall be: Lucy, after her awesome shineh Lucario!

All right, only need 1 more human, and for a couple people to finish being partnered up, and we can start.

Name: Osorio de Vivar
Age/Gender: 21/M
Partner: Asking Axall (dragonair)

Name: Argentum (negotiable)
Partner: Single... and searching.

Sure. Sounds great. Is Axall a good name?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom