• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

(Open)[Sign-ups] Legends

Dar

oops, did it again
Pronoun
they
Just yesterday, I began to write a story titled "Legends." As I was writing the first chapter, I realized that it was sort of being set up like a roleplay. Then I decided it would probably be more fun as a roleplay. So here.
-----
A man and monster faced each other, the area around them pitch black. The creature stood before the man, though it was several times taller than him. The creature's body was a deep crimson color, decorated with black lines all across its back. Large white spikes ran down its sides, down to the tip of its tail. Its stubby arms and legs held claws which looked similar to the spikes. It seemed to be permanently slouched, as if unable to hold the weight of its own head. The reptilian face seemed emotionless.

"Perhaps I should explain further," the creature said in a deep, rough voice. "My kind are the beings who run this world." It seemed to have no issues being as blunt as it was. "Perhaps in essence, we are the world. We are the creators and maintainers of all. We control the land, sea, even your own emotions. Time itself is in our hand." He paused for a moment. The man listened silently.

"We are indeed powerful. However, even the most powerful need to rest. Every two millennium, we reside in a 'host' of sorts, to regain power we may have lost during the period we were without a host. Normally it is humans, or whatever the dominant species is at the time. I remember having a host of one of the creatures you call dinosaurs. It was going smoothly until that being from space..." It shook its head, which looked odd due to its lack of a visible neck. "Nevermind. That is a story for another day." He looked down at the man. "I presume you know what I'm about to do."

The man looked up, fear in his eyes. "Do I have a choice?" The beast shook its head once more. "Unfortunately, no. No other human is capable of withstanding my power. Speaking of which, while you are hosting me, you will have the ability to use a fraction of my power, as well as transition between my own form as well as yours. However, you will never be able to fully be one or the other." He paused, thinking about if there was anything left to say.

"Are you ready?" The man stuttered, "I s-suppose..." "Good." The man's vision blurred, and the world faded to white.
-----

The gist of it is, every 2000 years or so, Legendaries begin to lose power, and have to rest in a human host. Most world governments didn't take kindly to these new powers, once they found out about them. They began searching, and once they found and caught a Legendary, they either contained them or used them for their own purposes. Some haven't been noticed yet, but those are few. Other than that, they are either living their normal lives, or are pursued/tools of the government. Have fun.

Rules:
  • No powergaming, Mary-sueing, etc.
  • You may be any Legendary Pokemon, except Arceus, Mewtwo, and Deoxys. "Minor" Legendaries such as Zoroark, Meloetta, and Phione are allowed.
  • While the characters are Pokemon, the term Pokemon does not exist, nor does any Pokemon other than the Legendaries.
  • Any Legendary characters that are not controlled by a player, and happen to come into the story, will be played by me.
  • You may not play more than one character unless you are laying Latios and Latias or Manaphy and Phione. Though it is not required to play both if you play one.
  • Your character is capable of changing its appearance to either Legendary or human, but it cannot be completely one or the other.
  • Enjoy it!

Application:
Name:
Legendary: (What Pokémon you are, in the specifications said in the rules.)
Status: (This can be Captured, Running, or Unnoticed. If your character is more powerful, you're likely in Captured or Running. If you're less powerful, you're likely in Unnoticed.)
Personality:
Appearance: (What they look like when they're as human as possible.)
History: (Optional.)
Relationships: (Optional.)
Other:

Members:
Dar - Alicia - Suicune
Ulqi-Chan - Claribel - Virizion
Qvalador - Rust - Lugia
Zodiark - Charlotte - Giritina

Reserved:
Mendatt

Last edited:
I happen to remember a similar roleplay popping up a few years ago. Sad to say, I'm not reserving.

Reserve for me, please! It might be a while, considering I'm currently in an RP, but I'm definitely interested in joining.

Name: Alicia Merla
Legendary: Suicune
Personality: On the outside, Alicia often seems cool and collected. However, on the inside, she is most likely panicking or dying to say her opinion. She is like this with most people, making herself a bit odd in the eyes of others. While being merged with Suicune gave her power, it even more so made her nervous and slightly insecure. When she gets scared, she often has a difficult time controlling her power.
Appearance: Her eyes are a sea green, and her hair a dark lavender. Her skin is slightly tinted blue, barely noticeable. She has a lean and elegant build, without much muscle. Coming down her sleeves, she has two white ribbons that never seem to stop moving. When ignoring her extra features, she's actually quite a beautiful girl. She currently wears an old pair of jeans along with a ripped cyan t-shirt.
History: I may add this later.
Relationships: None.
Other: She occasionally steps on or trips over her ribbons.

Name: Claribel Belgarde
Legendary: Virizion

Personality: Clair is a tactful individual, full of class and politeness. She is loyal and friendly, and would do anything for the ones she is close to. However, she is also somewhat distrustful toward strangers, and might come off as cold or uppity when first meeting other people. It takes some time for her to fully trust someone new, but when she does, her slightly snobbish shell sheds to reveal a heart of gold.

Appearance: Clair has a youthful, though sophisticated air to her. She is a bit small, barely making it to 5'2 and a tad underweight, and has cream-colored skin. Her eyes are a bright amber, with small flecks of mahogany in them, and her hair long, reaching down to her knees. It is a kelly green color, minus her left bang, which is black. Both of her bangs are windswept and curved outward, and the ends of her hair curl out as well. She wears a frilly white blouse and blue jeans, and white Mary Janes cover her feet. Red bands wrap around her ankles and wrists, and she has a red pendant around her neck.

History: Born into a wealthy family, Clar's future was set in stone the day she was born; grow up, go to college, marry into a rich family as a trophy wife. As the youngest of three and the only girl, she had no chance of inheriting the family fortune, much less running the dynasty when her family died—this responsibility was left to her older brothers.

She wasn't necessarily bitter about this, but she had a cynical outlook about the whole you-have-no-say-in-how-you'll-live-your-life thing.

She was barely a graduate out of high school before her life was knocked off its feet.

Claribel was walking home down the cobblestone path when she saw it—or her? It didn't matter—and it gave her a condescending glare. "You're not even half what I was expecting," it said arrogantly, and snorted.

At first, the human said nothing. She stared, dumbstruck, jaw ajar, before shaking her head and stuttering, "What... Who... You're not...?"

The creature's eyes rolled. "Hide your amazement, human. It makes you look weaker than you already are. But enough of that; we have business to conduct."

"Business?" The creature began to draw nearer, but Claribel was quick to back away and keep her distance. "What business? What are you?" Her hand slipped into her back pocket, and she began to pull the cell phone out. Whatever this thing was, she was sure animal control would have a grand time dissecting it.

"Oh, don't even try. You're not going to alert anyone." And, as if faster then the speed of sound, the green deer-looking monster had rushed at her, and everything became black within seconds.

"Everything will be made clear, don't worry. Just sleep for now..." The voice began to fade away as Clar could faintly feel her body changing.

Relationships: None at the moment~

Last edited:
Sure, I'll reserve a spot.

Legendary pokemon: Giratina.

Last edited:
If i have an image in my albums that shows what my human form looks like, can i put a link to it in my application?

Alright.

Name: Charlotte Regan

Legendary: Giratina

Status: Running. Currently, she lacks the ability to enter the Distortion World, even though Giratina is inhabited in her. Giratina is also perplexed by this, although he chalks it up to his lack of power at the moment.

She is also trying to be a super hero-like figure, defending those who need it, but this is almost impossible due to the government.

Personality: She is a tomboy and is academically smart, although she does lack street sense, though this is currently being less of a problem as she is on the run. She was a nice and happy individual, until she allowed Giratina to share her soul out of pity. Even though she tried to stay upbeat, she could slowly feel the strain of bearing a god weigh her down. As she went on with her life, she felt Giratina's personalty blend with hers.

Giratina, meanwhile, is almost always completely silent, aside from the occasional snarky comment.

Appearance: She has shoulder length brown hair, which is very messy and unkempt from being on the run. Her eyes are also brown as well. She is at medium height, about 5'9. She wears a large, grey sweatshirt, with dirty jeans. She can take Giratina's physical form at will, although she can only enter Altered forme, as the Griseous Orb is locked away in the Distortion World

History: Originally, she was a gifted student, well on her way through one of the top collage, until one day she did something that she has never done before: she skipped a class, perhaps out of stress, or boredom. Whatever the case was, she decided to take a walk through the woods around the campus, until she saw a monstrous beast, hulking silently in a lake. She froze on he spot, then bolted off. To her shock, the abomination suddenly warped in front of her without any warning. She ran into the beast, or so she would, except the being turned jet black, and she fell straight on the ground, passing through it as if it were air. She sat there, trapped between several tightly-packed trees. The monster sniffed her as she looked away, expecting it to use her as a sort of appetizer. However, the opposite proved to be true, as the being merely starred at her. A few painful moments passed by, until the monster began to talk, in the deepest, most scratchy voice imaginable.

"Human," it began, in an almost demonic voice, "bond with me."

"What?" she answered after another brief moment, perplexed. Although the beings voice was terrible, it had made no attempts to strike her, no signs of malice. Looking closer at it, Charlotte could see that, despite it possessing glowing, crimson eyes, it bore no signs of aggression. Instead, the eyes looked . . . tired. There was really no other word appropriate enough to describe it. Looking at its horrific, almost zombie-like body, she could see that it was struggling to just keep its proud, upright stance.

Charlotte jerked up and ran around it. Just as she suspected, the beast could barely react, too tired from whatever suffering it has endured. And just like before, it teleported in front of her again, but this time it slumped over from the effort. Charlotte began to dash away.

"Wait!" the dragon shouted hoarsely. To her surprise, she obeyed, as she could hear the desperation in its voice. She slowly approached it, picking up a large stick as she did.

"Mortal, there is not a single weapon you possess that can harm me," it panted.

"Really?" she replied dryly.

It eyed the stick, as if wondering what it had said was the truth.

"Indeed. Human, I require a bond from you," it continued.

"Why?" she asked, her confidence slowly returning. She was sure that it lacked the energy to vanish again, and she reasoned that a solid smack from the captain of the tennis team would at least buy her some time.

"Because I am tired," it replied simply. "I need to enter a mortal shell, and I am not requesting your approval." It tried to rise, with its bat wings extending, but all it manged to do was slump back down.

"No," she said curtly. She began to turn, when the beast replied in the same desperate tone "Wait!"

"What?" she asked again.

"If you do bond with me," it said slowly, "I would be more than willing to loan you my shape . . . " he rose again, this time with a little more success . . . "and powers." It vanished instantaneously, appearing behind her.

"All I ask in return is for me to rest in your soul."

She looked at the weakened creature, and for the first time she really felt sorry for it. Back before she left her parents, she remembered her beloved cat, Skittles, being struck by a car when she was younger, and the tears and pain that followed. In a strange way, she could see Skittles in this being.

"Am I going to be in control?" she inquired slowly.

It nodded.

"Well alright then!" she said, trying to sound her usual cheerful self.

"My name is Giratina".

"And mines Charlotte!"

Giratina extended its left wing. Charlotte followed suite.

Giratina dissolved into the blackest ink she could ever imagine, and slowly it crawled up her arm.

Relationships: Nothing romantic.

On a side note, may I add a touch of body horror to my character?

Name: Rust
Pokémon: Lugia
Appearance: Eyes are deep blue, but are surrounded with darker skin, giving him the appearance of someone who hasn't slept in several days. He typically has short stubble lining his jaw, and thin black hair that falls to his shoulders, though he typically keeps it in a ponytail. He's muscular in a thin and unnoticeable way. Typically he wears a black zip-up sleeveless jacket, and a pair of dark jeans.
Personality: Somewhat reserved. He's also highly sarcastic. He tends to love the sky; he's always staring at it, night or day, making remarks on the clouds or the stars. He also loves the water, as can be expected considering his persona-- he's a talented swimmer and can hold his breath for an unusual amount of time, even as a human. He's awkward around people because he feels he can't relate to them; perhaps a more accurate word would be aggressive, as he sees regular people as underlings. However, he seems to open up a little more to his fellow morphs. He's also inventive and crafty, a good combination when he's on the run and in need of a quick getaway or weapon.

Both of you are accepted.
On a side note, may I add a touch of body horror to my character?

Of course <3

Also, I hadn't thought of this at first, but if you wish for the Legends to be semi-conscious inside your character, that's fine.

My app will be up soon, but could u reserve Entei if it hasn't been taken already. oh and heres the picture i told u about. The photo is a piece of fan art from Kingdom Hearts, but it should show u a general idea as to what he looks like.

Attachments

• imageedit_2_6651539802.jpg
    imageedit_2_6651539802.jpg
    27.8 KB · Views: 113
OK! Here's my Application (sorry if he looks like Riku of Kingdom Hearts)

Application:
Name: James Shinoda
Legendary: Entei
Personality: Happy-go-lucky & calm, regardless of the fact he went through 11 years of torture.
Appearance: (See attached photo)
History: James was taken from his family when he was 8 years old and sent to a special laboratory where he was tortured in an attempt to get his Legendary, Entei, to appear, giving them chance to try to sever their bond, making Entei catchable. 11 years of torture passed w/ no progress, so they decided to execute James. That's when Entei arrived and helped James escape. The scientists, realizing that James was holding his power in for 11 years, sent their best trackers to retrieve James, dead or alive!
Relationships: Mike Shinoda (brother and lead rapper of Linkin Park)
Other: James can walk on lava.

Attachments

• Riku (Wisdom Form).jpg
    Riku (Wisdom Form).jpg
    23 KB · Views: 113
Last edited:
OK! Here's my Application (sorry if he looks like Riku of Kingdom Hearts)

Application:
Name: James Shinoda
Legendary: Entei
Personality: Happy-go-lucky & calm, regardless of the fact he went through 11 years of torture.
Appearance: (See attached photo)
History: James was taken from his family when he was 8 years old and sent to a special laboratory where he was tortured in an attempt to get his Legendary, Entei, to appear, giving them chance to try to sever their bond, making Entei catchable. 11 years of torture passed w/ no progress, so they decided to execute James. That's when Entei arrived and helped James escape. The scientists, realizing that James was holding his power in for 11 years, sent their best trackers to retrieve James, dead or alive!
Relationships: Mike Shinoda (brother and lead rapper of Linkin Park)
Other: James can walk on lava.

I know he's not the picture I showed u @ first. He needed a calmer look & Riku came to mind.

Black Yoshi suggested this to me, so here I am.
[/LIST]

Application:
Name: Keith McKueny
Legendary: Cobalion
Personality:Fun, kind, brave, and justified.
Appearance:Short brown hair, hazel eyes, about 4'11, freckles.
History:
Keith was off school because of a gas leak. He decided it was warm enough to continue to explore the forest near his house. He came to his favorite place in the forest - the clearing. He decided to lay down and take a nap, since the only deadly animals in this part of the woods were mosquitos. When he woke up, there was a figure standing above him. He instinctively started to scoot back. The figure said," I am Cobalion. I need a human body to reside in."
"Why?" Keith asked.
"Every 2000 years, "Legendaries like me start to lose power. We need to reside in a human's body, or else we will cease to exist, and whatever force that legendary controlled will go out of control," Cobalion said. "I control the force of justice, and imagine how bad it would be if there was no justice."
Keith thought about it, and then said," Yes. I couldn't imagine that much chaos. Ready when you are."
"I forgot to tell you. You will not be able to fully return to human form, but you will be able to mostly take my shape. Mostly."
" Cool. Bond away."
Cobalion nodded, and entered his body. Keith saw a flash of light, then fell to the ground.
Relationships:Will act nicely to anyone, as long as they don't seem bad.
Other: Has Cobalion horns in human form, but can be easily hidden by the average baseball cap, which he wears very often.

Woah, I really let this go. Sorry.

Both of you are accepted (Redneck, I'll provide slack since you said you're fairly new to roleplaying.)

By the way, I doubt there will be much lava involved, but hey, you never know.

Back
Top Bottom