• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

(Open) Ultra Mystery Dungeon

I liek Squirtles

sobble squad
Pronoun
he
A prim flyer is affixed to the Post Office’s bulletin board.

HELP WANTED- GUILD SEEKS BRAVE ADVENTURERS!
Are YOU brave enough to adventure with the Nine-Tailed Guild? Come and meet Guildmaster Auramah to see if YOU have what it takes to join Merrim’s PREMIER GUILD! Entrance at the edge of the Bellwether Woods, just outside of Hubb Town!

~*~​

The world of Rea has been at peace ever since its creation. It’s had squabbles here and there, but for the most part the inhabitants of its four continents (left to right: Cozte, Merim, Taineh, and Ayuma) have lived harmoniously. However, disconcerting omens manifest across Rea- previously docile Pokémon have turned savage, and space has gone into flux in pockets of the world, seemingly rearranging the area and making them impossible to traverse safely.

Worst of all, reports of never-before-seen Pokémon sporadically appear. What could all of this possibly mean?

Save the world of Rea from the invasion of the Ultra Beasts! Join Auramah’s guild and explore the wide world of Rea, filled with vibrant towns and fearsome dungeons!

bmfMTkF.png

—Annotated world map will be uploaded once I get my scanner to work—

Cozte: The second-most important landmass. The Bubbling Caldera, a chain of volcanoes, dominates the lower-right peninsula. A great desert sprawls across the middle of the island. Because of this, the north is the most heavily populated area.

Merrim: The principal landmass. The majority of Pokémon live here. Hubb Town and the Guild are located on the leftmost point of the top-right peninsula. It is densely forested with great mountains crisscrossing the interior. Farther north, it is always snowing. Settlements of various sizes dot the continent.

Taineh: A mountainous island with sparse vegetation. Only the hardiest Pokémon visit for pleasure. A few monasteries are nestled among the craggy peaks. It is said this was where Pokémon first arrived after leaving Ayuma.

Ayuma: A sparsely inhabited island that has been reclaimed by nature. A few scattered settlements remain. However, there are many ruins from a splendorous ancient civilization. In the middle of Origin Lake is Origin Island, where Arceus is said to have brought together the first Legendary Conclave of Nature.

Rules:
-Any Pokémon bar Alolan Ninetales, Decidueye, Primarina, Inceneroar, UBs and Legendaries (Mythicals and Phione count) are fair game.
-Pokémon have access to their full movepool.
-In a strange inversion, there will be no humans-turned-Pokémon. It’s a departure from the norm, but hey, Pokémon are more than capable of doing their heavy lifting themselves.

Sign-up form:
Code:
Name:

Species: 

Appearance:

Personality: 

History:

Other:

If you have any questions, VM me or post here!

Last edited:
Me: hey squirtles what kind of pokemon should I make my disaster child (disaster grandchild? oh god this is weird)
Squirtles: clefairy
Me: YES CONTINUE THE JOKE

Name: Tora

Species: Cleffa

Appearance: She has little blue ribbons tied onto her horns!

Personality: P A I N F U L L Y skittish. People are not her strong suit...that being said, she very much wants to be like her moms, and she's trying to overcome her fear of people in order to be a hero! And maybe she'll stop crying all the time. Hopefully.

History: Tora was found as an egg by two brave lady heroes of Merrim! Ever since she was young, she always aspired to follow in their footsteps, save mons, and kick evildoer butts...but was always a bit too shy to actually go out and sign up. But now is the day! Now she will take her moms' place! ...If she can stop crying.

Other: Her moms are a Clefable and a Luxray, for the record. Guess which one is which. Guess.

Name: Arden

Species: swablu

Appearance: there is a red band wrapped around his left ankle to signify his affiliation with an ancient order.

Personality: stoic and condescending. he scorns other pokémon for their strange and self-centred lifestyles, believing that adherence to the Old Ways is the only path to true virtue. he is very confident in his abilities and usually quite calm if not somewhat snarky, though his temper flares from time to time.

History: he was raised by a pair of altaria on Taineh Island, and was instructed in the strict moral code of the Old Ways from birth. his contact with others was limited, which radicalized his world view and hardened his heart from a young age. though his parents were too old to fight the ultra beast incursions by the time they began, Arden was all too ready to enter the fight in order to protect the sacred earth from the sinister hands of what he understood to be demons.

Name: Anysos Viusonius Augillius

Species: Xatu

Appearance: Wears a necklace of dark wooden beads, each painted with an eye pattern in yellow.

Personality: Anysos feels that he must do whatever he can in the fight against the invasion because if he does not the Beasts will destroy all civilization. He can defeatist at times, though he tries to remind himself that the future in his visions is malleable, not set.

History: Originally from the Great Desert of Cozte, Anysos has lived in a temple to Ho-oh for most of his life. He has travelled to the Guild because he saw hints of the invasion in his meditations.

Name: Oscen

Species: Xatu

Appearance: Wears a necklace of dark wooden beads, each painted with an eye pattern in gold.

Personality: Curious, to the point of bad decisions. Oddly instigative for one who can theoretically see the future.

History: Originally from the Great Desert of Cozte, Anysos has lived in a temple to Ho-oh for most of his life. He has travelled to the Guild because of his Elders' visions.

Last edited:
still down for this. not using edgy hat bird anymore though. will post new app later

(I've spent hours trying to get the whole "hide text" thing working and i give up man sorry for the block of text)

Legends speak of a creature so powerful it could level entire mountains with one punch. They say this creature travels with a terrifying cursed artifact which, if handled incorrectly, could kill any who touched it. They say he destroys those who get in his way, and that his only goal is bloodlust.

But legends are stupid. Who believes that shit?

Name: Gerald (and Tupelo)

Species: Bewear (and Polteageist)

Appearance: Gerald is an ordinary-looking Bewear- pink and brown, black eyes, about 7 ft or 2.1m tall. He always, without fail, carries his backpack. Tupelo lives in an ornate, handcrafted teapot in the backpack, as it's quiet and safe, protected by Gerald.

Personality: Gerald is sweet and caring. He likes to joke and make friends, and he's quite kind to those in need, always willing to stick his nonexistent neck out for others.

But don't you even fucking dare talk shit about Tupelo.

Tupelo is the ghost of Gerald's husband. He's quite the grumpy character, usually electing to stay in his teapot, only occasionally talking to others. Something about his transition to the other side left his previously sarcastic, but good-natured personality as a shadow of its former self, now just reduced to one who wishes not to be bothered.

History: Gerald and Tupelo, at that time an Ursaring, had been married for a long time. Their relationship was healthy and their bond was unbreakable. Notably, Tupelo always loved to drink tea out of the pot that Gerald traded away yarn made of his fur for. It was a symbol of their happy marriage, a reminder of all the good times.

Their house in the woods was very flammable, it turns out. A fight between some Durant and a Heatmor nearby ignited it.

Gerald tried to run in, desperate to save Tupelo's favorite teapot. But Tupelo took one look at Gerald's Fluffy coat and knew the fire would kill him. So Tupelo went in instead, promising Gerald on his life he would come back.

He did... three days later, as a Polteageist.

Other: Talking bad about Tupelo, or trying to hurt him, is Gerald's supreme Berserk Button. His... shall we say, overreactions led to many spreading rumours about his ruthlessness. But as long as you don't mess with the teapot ghost, you should be fine.

Last edited:
gonna mark this down so there’s an actual chance I don’t forget about it

Name: Gorm

Species: sizzlipede

Appearance:
tbh he's just a sizzlipede man.

Personality:
optimistic, determined, outgoing, probably a little annoying and presumptuous.

History: gorm is the eldest child of his clan's leader, and has lived a relatively easy life. he's a bit of a spoiled brat, and doesn't quite understand the way the world works. following the ultra beast invasions, his family moved underground to a bunker protected by loyal guards, but gorm fled to join an adventurer's guild, hoping to defend his land and live up to the fairytales of knights and heroes he'd been told in his youth.

Name: Fafnir

Species: Perrserker

Appearance: regular Perrserker

Personality: angry

History: raised by Mudkipz

Other: has a Scottish accent

Was gonna play a different character but that wouldn't work for two reasons so I guess it's time for someone completely different

Name: Kallipso

Species: Misdreavus

Appearance: Normal Misdreavus but with teal eyes instead of reddish.

Personality: Chaotic good. Prankster with a heart of gold, metaphorically speaking. Quick to make friends. Enjoys messing around but acts serious when someone they care about wants them to.

History: ghost, has been doing ghost things (read: pranks) since they died, won't talk about when or how because they "don't want to be a downer"

Other: female if the name didn't make that obvious

don't worry about it I'd have written more if I was playing my other character

oh, so I don't have to write as much as RNP? sweet, I'll just do one now then

Name: Wooloo.

Species: Wooloo.

Appearance: Wooloo. Maybe she wears a cute little red scarf.

Personality: She's baby.

History: Guildmaster what's-her-name found her abandoned somewhere or something and just had to take her in because she was too much of a danger to herself left unattended. She's too young to actually go on adventures, but can occasionally be seen rolling around the guild or contributing a well-timed "fluff flufluf" to an important conversation.

Other: Wooloo interludes will occur roughly once a month.

Name: Pascal

Species: Linoone

Appearance: Mailman outfit, constant "deer in the headlights" expression (Deerling in the Beheeyem lights?), here is a drawing of him

Personality/history: Pascal runs the mail route between Hubb Town and various smaller locales around the peninsula. He's your typical stressed-out millennial (in human terms) — stuck in a job he's far underpaid for given how physically taxing it is, thousands of Poké in debt, and simply trying to live his damn life.

While he can hold his own in a dungeon, as his job regularly brings him through them, he'll be the first to tell you he's not an adventurer. He's simply tagging along as he has a delivery in the same direction, a little further out than he's used to, you see, and, well, safety in numbers and whatnot. He'd like to make it clear that he does not intend to get roped into whatever trouble you lot are gallavanting off to get yourselves into. (We'll see how well that works out for him.)

Other: How's the adventure starting? If we're setting out right away then that works great for Pascal tagging along, but if we're doing, like, some kind of trial in the woods first, or something, then I'm not sure what Pascal's excuse for joining in on that would be. I'm sure I can figure something out though lol

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom