Fesh Pince of Blair
I don't know, she just stood out to me as being completely devoid of any personality whatsoever. Gen 5's gym leaders spoiled me. :pI don't really see how she has any less of a personality than pretty much most other gym leaders.
I'm in Sea Mauville.
Lois and Hal make a return.
There's apparently a "Hi Skitty" doll. Did you know that it isn't actually a Skitty but is based off of a schoolgirl whose name is Skitty?
In room 2 there were a couple of girls who were surprised you got in because they locked the door. One of them is blushing. I call yuri on that.
I'm really liking all of the things you can read in this place. It really expands the world, I'm glad they used the abandoned ship which was pretty un-noteworthy in the originals and used it to do this. Apparently Cozmo's parents didn't like each other and Wattson used to work for the company who owned Mauville and is somehow a traitor?
I suppose it's a bit inconsiderate of the people who maintain the place as a nature reserve to let anyone just come in and read ex-employee's personal stuff.
I'm curious as to what this "infinite energy" stuff is.
I like the idea that Mauville the city used to belong to a company. To be honest I don't like Mauville's new look all that much. It's nice on the inside but I expect it's an eyesore from the outside. But it being owned by a company sort of explains that. A city that square and entirely inside one building wouldn't arise naturally.
Anyway, made it to the route outside the ashy route! Can't wait to see it in 3D! Now for the highlights...
* First of all, holy crap Mauville City! You're a completely different place now! I have to say though that I feel that THIS is how Lumiose City should have been handled, big, but not a confusing clusterfuck of a city that is a pain to navigate.
* What happened to the Game Corner was depressing. Ah well, at least Voltorb Flip didn't come back, always hated that game.
* So Wally's Ralts knows Magical Leaf. Guess you can't cheese the fight with a level 2 Poochyena anymore. :(
* So Voltorb was moved to the Route between Mauville and Slateport, eh?
* Speaking of that Route, I can't find Minun there anywhere. Has their rarity been boosted up the wall or something?
* The Itemfinder or whatever it's called now looks silly. I love walking around with googly antennae.
* Can't be bothered with contests, so I skip 'em all.
* I'm so happy Wattson's team was his manageable R/S team instead of his nightmarish Emerald one. I swear, in Emerald if you didn't start with Mudkip, he is without a doubt THE hardest Gym Leader in the game... or not, Flannery gives him some solid competition.
And that's all. I for one absolutely love the new Mauville City, though I find it a bit funny how back at Slateport apparently Pokémon Black and White haven't happened yet according to the Royal Unova's model. Ah, messy timelines, I can never hate ya. So anyway, my team at the end of the day:
Cass the Marshtomp (Female, lv. 24)
Lazy Kong the Vigoroth (Female, lv. 23)
Fatman the Voltorb (lv. 23)
Ivan the Machop (Male, lv. 19)