• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Pokémon: Detectives Sign up/OOC

Kali the Flygon

Devourer of Sandshrews
Pokémon: Detectives Sign up/OOC

RPG thread here

Description

You are a human member of a Pokémon-based detective agency. You are to work in groups, solving mysteries that local law enforcement has been unable to do. The Chief gathers cases, then assigns them to his agents. You are expected to explore the scenes, gather evidence, and resolve the situation. Each member has their own Pokémon, which they can use to assist the team. I will be accepting 4 members.

Rules

This is a Semi-Lit RPG. As such, I would like to see a full paragraph for each post. No one liners, and use appropriate spelling and grammar. I will thus only accept you if I feel you are capable of this. Use the "Appearance" and "Biography" sections in your sign up to make your case for why I should accept you.
Each personality will be played out. I, however, will assume you have a consistent idea for what your character's personality will be.
I will act as the MC of this RPG. As such, I will not have a formal character, but I will play nearly every NPC, as well as describe scenes. Your job is to mainly describe your own actions, feelings, and interactions, as well as those of your Pokémon.
Please let me know if you are going to be away for an extended period of time or if you feel incapable of continuing. I will then take appropriate measures to allow the RPG to continue forward in your absence.
Try to keep to a PG13 rating. Romance and violence is allowed, but please, no overly graphic scenes. Swearing is allowed but please keep to a minimum.

Name: First and last name
Appearance: Describe your character. Please give at least 4 sentences. Treat this as a sample post.
Biography: Also at least 4 sentences. Include how you met Chief, and why you decided to become a detective.
Pokémon: Only one, but treat as a second character. Make sure your Pokémon has its own personality.
Other: Optional. If you would like to add anything, details, relationships, please do so here.

Although I do not have a formal character of my own, I will post a form for a particular recurring NPC.

Name: Andrew Maxwell, AKA "The Chief"
Appearance: The Chief is a stocky, middle-aged man, with light skin. He stands about 5'8" tall and about 192 lbs. His short, straight hair used to be dark, almost black, but now it is graying, with a bald spot on top that he tries to comb over. His slightly wrinkled forehead appears oversized due to a receding hairline. His eyes are brown, with some age-related wrinkles on the corners of them. He sports a thick mustache, but his chin is cleanly shaven. He normally wears a brown-colored formal suit, with a white, collared shirt underneath. He also wears a tie, the color of which changes from day to day.
Biography: The Chief graduated from a University with a degree in Criminology at the age of 22. He quickly got a job as a police officer for Charner City, where he worked in the field for 15 years, slowly working his way up to Deputy Police Chief. He then retired in order to start his own detective agency. He has been training gumshoes and solving cases now for the past 5 years.
Pokémon: Andrew has a Gardevoir (F), named Ellysa. She works with him as a secretary and personal friend.

Re: Pokémon: Detectives Sign up/OOC

Name: Ira F. Itsaginof
Appearance: Ira's straight hair is white and hangs at about waist-length, free and not tied up in anything. His mentally blank (but not disabled) eyes are coal-black and look as if they have some sort of fire around them.... as if they really are two coals. Although rather round, his facial features are average to an extent. He wears a t-shirt that is colored plain purple, although it's not a dark color. He wears black fleece sweatpants that are a bit too long.
Biography: Ira lived a rather average life before he became a detective, save for the fact that he was teased a bit about how he liked to wear his hair. When he was 16, he happened to walk past the detectives' main building. This was when the Chief flagged him down, as he was gazing intently at the building. They conversed for awhile, the Chief starting with a question as why he seemed so interested in the building. Ira admitted that he was interested in detective agency, so about half a year later Ira joined the agency as a detective.
Pokémon: Ira's Pokémon is a male Electrode named Spark. It's a rather unoriginal name, but then again Ira isn't that good at thinking of names for his Pokémon. He works with him as a partner-in-training where he can fit, such as removing barricades or causing distractions with his explosive attacks.

Name: Mysti Endris
Appearance: She has long, blonde, curly hair. Her eyes are like pools of blue, and her ears are pierced. She never wears dangly earrings, and you mostly see her wearing her birthstone - an emerald. She wears one of two necklaces; A cross that looks like two figure eights hooked together that is studded with tiny diamonds and has a saphire heart in the middle, or she wears a heart, also studded with tiny diamonds, with an emerald in the borrom right(your right).
Biography: Mysti was born on May 4th, loving spring as it is not too hot and not too cold, and the flowers bloom. She has a little sister named Sydney, born a month after her(excactly after - she was born June 4th!) When Mysti saw an all white Riolu, she knew she had to have it. After a few try-and-fail capture attempts, she ended up saving the white Riolu from an almost-certain death. The Riolu evolved immediately after this situation and agreed to be Mysti's partner. Later on in life, Mysti had seen detectives on TV and had always wanted to be one. Then she was going to a party, and took a wrong turn; she ended up at Chief's building. Mysti reAalized she could become a detective here, and immediately took the offer. She hasn't had any missions yet - until now.
Pokémon: A white Lucario named Lucky. He is a boy, and he is very straightfoward. Is used to sense aura of others as well as being Mysti's only friend.
Other: Boom!

Last edited:

Name: Raven Wulfgar

Appearance: Raven has a short but slim build, making her seem slightly taller than the 4'8" that she really stands at. The two qualities that gave Raven her name are very dark brown, almost black, eyes and jet-black color of her hair. Her straight hair is very long, compared to her body, and goes down to her waist. Raven's shirt is a plain, smoky gray, with long sleeves that reach her wrists. The rest of her hands that aren't covered by her shirt, she wears thin black gloves on. She wears long, black sweat pants as well, with a white stripe down the outer edge of each leg. Her socks are white and she has black running shoes.

Biography: She was born on July 19th, making summer her favorite season, and she had a pet Poochyena for the first eight years of her life. However, it died of an illness, and though it was gone, it triggered Raven's love for Dark-type Pokemon. For the next few years until she was 12, she read of many crimes in the newspaper, usually becoming upset because of her sensitive but protective personality. It made her want to become a detective. On her sixteenth birthday, she remembered her desire, her wish, and looked for the detective agency. After a moment of looking at the building, she nodded to herself. And, of course, she became a detective.

Pokémon: Raven's Pokemon is a female Sableye named Crystal, because of her glowing eyes. Because of Shadow Sneak, Faint Attack and many other Dark-type moves that allow Crystal to quickly attempt to apprehend the criminal without being noticed makes her very useful, and almost all the time, a Punishment is in order as well. Crystal is loyal and focused when working with her partner but mischievous when they're not doing anything.

I'm not really requiring a uniform for the gumshoes. It can be a good thing to be able to blend in with the populace. Anyway, both of you are accepted, Mewtwo and Darksong. We just need one more then, but you can go ahead and post in the main topic.

Oh, and Kali, I edited with more on the bio, and I did it right before your post of acceptance...
EDIT: Saw another mistake and edited again.

Name: April Syno
Appearance: She is 5'6, has straight red hair. She has blue eyes. She wears a green trenchcoat. It is unbuttoned, so it shows a white shirt that shows a Zangoose and Seviper fighting. She wears jeans a size too big, so she wears a belt.
Biography: She was born on Febuary 19. She always liked to watch the lawyer and detective shows. She wanted to be a lawyer the most, but she dropped out of Law School because the work was too hard. She was walking down the road, sighing, when the Chief saw her. She then became a part of the force, hoping to help lawyers as well.
Pokémon: A male Seviper named Xin. As soon as she saw it, the name started to echo in her mind. He strikes fear into criminals and helps investigate crime scenes

All right, accepted.

My first post is already up. You guys can go ahead and start at any time.

Name: Karie Tortheim
Appearance: Small for her age, Karie has long brown hair, reaching down to her mid-back. She often wears a tee-shirt and stretch pants, along with a floor length coat and a high collar. She does not like girly things like dresses.
Her face looks slightly childish, and has eyes the color of Chesto berries.
Biography: Karie is very quiet, but can be persuaded to talk by cracking a joke. She does not sugarcoat things, and can therefore be very blunt. She is very athletic, almost ninjalike. She met The Cheif while trying to help her teacher figure out who had demolished her desk. He had popped in and saw her skills, and asked if she would be part of the team.
Pokemon: A shiny absol named Wisdom. She has her own plane of communication, consisting of body language, a few word like sounds, and attacks.
Other: Came from Hoenn. Has one younger sister and wanted to be a profecional writer.

While I appreciate your enthusiasm, Absol, this was quite an old RP and died out a long time ago. It's not usually a good idea to try to sign up for an RP that was dated such a long time ago.

Back
Top Bottom