• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Closed Pokémon: Detectives

Kali the Flygon

Devourer of Sandshrews
Pokémon: Detectives

OOC thread here

It was just after 7am. The sun barely shined in over the horizon, as seen through the windows of an office building in Charner City. It was a beautiful, although cold, morning in late November. Yet, already a figure was at work, in his office on the 6th and top floor of the building.
"All right, I understand. I will send a team right away."
The Chief hung up the 'hotline' phone, swerving his chair back around to the front side of his L-shaped desk. Using a computer, he began to type a text message.
Please come to my office at 9am today. I have a new assignment for you. Be prepared for a long day.
Signed, The Chief

The Chief then sent his message to 4 of his young gumshoes. He smiled, speaking to himself, as he reached for a doughnut from a box on his desk. "This should be a good beginning case for them to work on. I would like to see how they handle it." He then took a bite from his makeshift breakfast, leaning back in his swivel chair as he waited.

Last edited:
Re: Pokémon: Detectives

April ran in at 8:45.

"I'm here, Chief!" she cried.

Xin was next to her, eager to get going.

"So, what is this case?" April asked.

The Chief looked up to see April. He cleared his throat then spoke to her. "Ah yes, it's good to see you. I'm glad you got my message." He pointed to a table, complete with a set of chairs, in the corner of his office next to the door. "Go on, have a seat. The others will be here shortly, I'm sure."

Right at 8:50 AM, Raven entered the building. She stopped a few steps into the room, looking behind her, and as if on cue, a Sableye stumbled and tripped through the door.

"Crystal, slow down! You could have called to wait," Raven said.

Crystal shook her head quickly and lifted herself up to stand, appearing to blink her diamond eyes in apology.

"So what is it?" Raven asked the Chief quickly.

The Chief nodded. "Patience, Raven. I'm glad you made it. We still have a few minutes though. I'm waiting for two more members of your team, then we'll be able to begin. In the meantime, why don't you take a seat, and the two of you can introduce yourselves, if you haven't met already." He motioned to April with his hand, then back to Raven.

"All right," Raven said. She sat down and looked at April. "My name is Raven, as you've probably heard from the Chief. And she's Crystal." She motioned to her Sableye, who was gazing curiously at April, with her stolid but shining eyes. After a few seconds, she did a small wave.

"I'm April. The Seviper is my partner. His name is Xin." April said.

Xin tasted the air with his tongue. He looked at Raven and Crystal and hissed lightly.

Mysti cycled and Lucky ran to the detective building. When they finally made it, Mysti folded up the bike and put it in her bag; it was a foldable bike((like in the games)). They walked. "Am I late?" Mysti asked, getting all hyper. Lucky sensed it before it was about to happen and silently put his paw on Mysti's back and fired a tiny Aura Sphere. "Thanks... I needed that." Mysti muttered just loud enough for Lucky - and no one else - to hear.

The Chief clasped his hands as Mysti walked into his office. "No, you're right on time. I can only imagine the fourth and final member of your new team will be here shortly. In the meantime, take some time to get to know each other. You're going to have to learn about each one of your strengths and weaknesses in order to solve cases as a team."
A Gardevoir walked into the office just then, as an overhead clock reached exactly 9:00am. She was carrying a tray, containing a box of doughnuts, a pitcher of coffee, and some coffee cups, as well as a large bowl of Pokémon kibble. "Would you like some refreshments?" she asked, via telepathy. She then placed the tray on the table beside the group.

"Thanks." April said, grabbing a coffee cup and a chocolate doughnut.

She would have preferred a mug, but it didn't really matter. She started to gulp her coffee down.

Mysti went to get to know April, while Lucky rished straight to the Gardevoir. "Hi!" Said Mysti to April. "I'm Mysti. I want you to meet Luck....y... Where'd he run off to?"
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Hello, I'm Lucky. And what be your name, my pretty?"

Ira ran into the building, his Electrode rolling behind him. "Sorry for the delay," he said, and gave a two-word sentence: "Foot traffic. I hope I haven't made you wait too long."

"Ah, there we are," the Chief gave a pleasant, though formal, smile. "Well, now that everyone's here, let me get down to business. As I told you, I called you all here because I have a new assignment for the four of you. I do not know all the details, but I will tell you what I know. In the town of Culpepper, a small town of a few thousand, about an hours drive from here, there have been a string of disappearances. The victims are mainly teens and preteens. The police there believe they are related, and possibly the work of one person, but they have never found the bodies." The Chief writes down a name on a piece of paper, after which his Gardevoir takes the paper and places it by the detectives. "The first thing I'd like you to do is speak to this man, 'Samuel Ackbar.' He is the county police chief, and his office is situated in the town. He claims it's urgent, and would like to see you as soon as possible. That is all the information I have. Good luck. If you need directions to Culpepper, please speak with Ellysa."

"Not at all," Raven said, nodding to Ira. "It's just turned 9." She glanced, smiling, at the Gardevoir, but didn't take a cup of coffee. She didn't really care for it, to be honest.

Crystal, however, was different. She reached up gingerly and stuck a ghostly finger into the coffee, but pulled it back quickly with a yelp, startled by the heat.

"You saw the steam, didn't you?" Raven asked flatly.

Crystal lowered her gaze slightly, ashamed.

"Anyway," Raven continued, "I think we should head off as soon as possible."

Ira didn't have many suggestions. He wasn't the best at deciding things like this.

"Hmm... I don't think I need directions, but thanks for the offer."

Spark rolled forwards, glancing at the coffee. He had just about no idea what it was, but was hinted by the cup that it was something that humans like Ira drank. However, his master didn't seem to like it excessively, although he did take a few sips now and then. The Electrode wasn't too interested in human style and activities.

"I assume at least one of you has a vehicle then. If not, then you will have to acquire alternate means of transportation. You're dismissed then. Good luck with your mission." The Chief turned his chair back around, looking out the window behind him, waiting for the detectives to take their leave.

"So, where's the nearest trolley or train?" April asked, "I'm not really sure, even though I've lived in this town for years."

She laughed.

"I've got a bike, but that's all I have. Can't even carry two people. I don't have a car yet..."
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Fine, ignore me!" Lucky sneered at the Gardevoir. He went back to Mysti.

(hmm, oh, sorry, I must have missed that)

The Gardevoir gives a little smile and speaks to Lucky telepathically. "My name is Ellysa. It's nice to meet you, Lucky. Are you ready for your mission?" She then broadcasts to everyone in the area. "I believe there is a bus that will take you there. Let me get the details then. I will be right back." She walks out of the room. Her office is just outside, and she appears to be then using her own computer.

((Okay, pretend Lucky never did any of said before.))

"Yes, Ellysa, I am." Lucky said as he walked back to Mysti. "Oh, there you are!" Mysti exclaimed. She walked back to April. "I found him. This is Lucky!" SHe suddenly heard a telepathic message. "A bus, huh? I say we get movin'!

Back
Top Bottom