• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Pokémon Mafia: Arceus

qenya

formerly kokorico
Pronoun
she/her
Couple of days later than I'd hoped, but roles are all written! time to get this show on the road...

Pokémon Mafia: Arceus

iu

A gigantic space-time rift has developed over the land of Hisui, causing strange disturbances and unexplained happenings across the region. Wild Pokémon have become restless and uneasy, rendering them even more dangerous, and mysterious strangers have fallen from the sky, claiming to hail from places and times far removed.

Can the Galaxy Team and the people of Jubilife Village trust these mysterious strangers to support and help defend the colony from ? Or does the real threat lie within their own ranks...?

Here's how this is going to work: everyone's role PM will describe three characters, alongside their partner Pokémon and their alignment. During Night 0, you'll pick which one to play as, and at the start of the first day phase, you'll be told your character's role abilities and begin playing as normal. In addition, one random character you didn't pick will be published in the main game thread.

This game may contain spoilers for the storyline of Pokémon Legends: Arceus. But c'mon... who really plays Pokémon games for the story.

Phase changes will be at 23:00 UTC because I'm a busy girl with places to be, but timing is negotiable. I was thinking 48 hours, with possible extensions if requested by popular demand, but lmk if you have a preference.

I can take as many players as are interested, so I guess I'll give it until like... the weekend? we'll see how it goes. This is gonna be a delightful mess and I'm sure you're all gonna love it. 😁

so I did not play PLA at all, and I've seen remarkably little of what's in the game, the storyline, etc

sign me the fuck up.

in! and ooh, interesting mechanic -- does this mean scum faction size is variable, or will everyone get a selection of three matching-alignment characters? (or are you not willing to share that piece of info?)

I like 48-hour phases, and 23:00 UTC is compatible with me! (in the middle of my wfh workday, unfortunately, but outside typical peak hours, at least :D)

@qenya would it be alright if me and zori potentially hydra'd for this game?

(i haven't asked her yet but i'd rather do this than the two of us play solo)

in! and ooh, interesting mechanic -- does this mean scum faction size is variable, or will everyone get a selection of three matching-alignment characters? (or are you not willing to share that piece of info?)
i'm shuffling together all the rolecards and assigning three random ones each. so your three characters might, but statistically probably won't, all have the same alignment, and the size of the teams will depend on which characters people choose.

one other point of clarification, in case it wasn't clear - since Night 0 will be used for picking characters, you won't get a chance to use night actions, so this is effectively a daystart game. but hopefully the rejects list will provide a basis for discussion even without a nightkill.

@qenya would it be alright if me and zori potentially hydra'd for this game?

(i haven't asked her yet but i'd rather do this than the two of us play solo)
absolutely, go ahead!

can i be an unmysterious stranger. a guy who nobody's ever met but people confidently know fine details about offhand

Huh. Signing up, but does this mean we might just... have nobody be mafia, because nobody picked the mafia characters?

Back
Top Bottom