• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Pokémon... Melee?

Skroy

Eh... =P
Pokémon... Melee?

I haven't seen a thread of this yet, and I'm not sure where to put it but this is most likely the appropriate place for it.

Moving along... as I browsed random sites, I went onto Bulbapedia and look what I came across:

http://bulbanews.bulbagarden.net/wiki/New_WiiWare_game_to_be_released_this_month

It's coming out in a few days (June 16th) on WiiWare in Japan only. (T_T) This looks cool if you ask me. I can't wait for it to be release overseas! ^^

Click here for the (Japanese) promotional video, which can be found at the official (Japanese) Pokémon site.

Last edited:
Re: Pokémon... Melee?

All I can say is, wow. This is awesome-- even if it's just a Wiiware game, it still looks like it's bursting with gameplay. Looks like you can get every Pokemon, and even if that's not the case there's still tons of them. Also, this is a completely new direction for them-- they've never done real-time action battles before. I only wish the Pokemon weren't all chibified, although I figure if they were rendered according to actual size it would be impossible for people playing smaller Pokemon to see.

I have little doubt this will come stateside, what with all the slavering Pokemon fans all over the world.

Thumbs up, Pokemon Team! This was a good move. (and better than their other Wiiware title-- next time I want to waste $10 and hours and hours, I'll download Pokemon Ranch. No, I like playing games.)

Wow.. this one actually looks surprisingly good all things considered. The mini-models are a tad annoying, the legend birds just look plain DOPEY - but nonetheless graphics don't make the game, and it looks like an interesting twist. I look forward. GO GO MY RIOLUS~ :3

I've been hoping for a game like this for forever. I hope its good.

You can get pokes from DPPt and the remakes so it will have shineys

I wonder if there'll be an event Pokémon/legendary at the end of it like the other WiiWare title. Since we're likely to get celebii in HG/SS, I wouldn't be surprised if it gave you Jirachi-the only other event Pokémon not given away yet in Gen IV (save Arceus).

There's gonna be a Jirachi event related to the PokéWalker with HG/SS

THIS IS THE COOLEST THING EVER! I've been waiting for something like this ever since I played both Smash Bros. and Pokemon. I hope they release it in America or I'm going to kill something. Then again, why wouldn't they?

83 MUST GET! This looks awesome. I think it's cool the way they've been breaking from the main series so much as of late. Pokemon is a very flexible concept, and that should be taken advantage of.

The game's actually kinda fun. I just don't like how I had to start as a Rattata. I don't mind Rattata, but I would've liked something else to start as.

It's Pokemon cage fighting, that is abusive.

An original game, about time! This reminds me of the Super Smash Bros. series.

Yes, it's for wii.

I think it looks awesome. Maybe the next step up is a real game where you get to chose your Pokemon and your moveset.

So, really, I'm not all that excited about this, but what the evolve this into.

1500 points if you've got a Japanese Wii, or you chipped it/made your Wii a softie... But seeing as though I'm too lame to give my money to them because it's a little over-priced...

But seriously, Smash TV Pokemon style. I seriously hope this comes out on US WiiWare so I don't have to try translating more things than I feel like it for a game like this.

Back
Top Bottom