• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Luster

Who is your favorite character?

• Kokoro

Votes: 1 16.7%
  • Griffin

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Sukoi

• Scyther

• Spinethrash

Votes: 2 33.3%
  • Houndoom

• Kabutops

• Ninetales

• Stantler

• Other

• Undecided

• Total voters

Mad MOAI

Actually more of a harmour fan
MAY CONTAIN SPOILERS FOR PMD2

Quirkland is a small town. Yes, a SMALL TOWN. However it has the essentials for the Pokemon living around it. And for protection, a guild is conveniently placed just to the northeast of Quirkland. There the various Pokemon teams perform even more versatile tasks to keep the security of the area in check.

But of course, nothing is perfect. One day the human Kokoro is spotted by a Chikorita on "his special observatory hill..." and she's been turned into a Cubone! What is the reason for this? And why is there always an elegant air in a space that seems so close, and yet so far...?

--

I'm not much of an expert at making sprite comics. This is my second one, but I haven't shown the first one. I gave up on it a LONG time ago. Now, after reading over 100 issues of Pokemon: Explorers of Oddity by Mike the Foxhog, I've decided to make my own.

The bad point of this is probably that the length of each scene really varies. It doesn't matter to me much, but you might think differently.

What makes this comic unique, you ask? Isn't it just like all the others? Well, it's not exactly the same. First, the plot is different, and second, it's in a different style. Before the forums crashed, someone else made a comic in this same style, but I can't remember who. So go on and read if you want.

Also, in this comic, most of the guild workers aren't the same. In fact, the guild looks the same but is different as from what you might know it.

This comic is appropriate for all ages, although some might not be interested.

--

Notes:
-The main character Kokoro is supposed to represent me, but I don't really have anything else to say about that.
-This is not a FUNNY sprite comic, although there may be some entertaining moments.
-Scene #7-8: Sorry about the words over Croconaw's face; I've requested face changes from Mewtwo and those are reminders of what face to use. Please don't complain about this; I know already that it is very annoying.
-Scenes already made will not be edited; any critique you give will be put into future scenes.

--

Scene #1 - Discovery
Scene #2 - Lush Forest
Scene #3 - Forming Kootaku
Scene #4 - The Tour
Scene #5 - The First Mission Begins!
Scene #6 - Preparations
Scene #7 - Completed... or Not!
---Scene #7.5
Scene #8 - The Hidden Intruder
Scene #9 - Disappointment!
Scene #10 - Asleep
Scene #11 - Evil Intentions
Scene #12 - Wake-up Call
Scene #13 - Another Mission
Scene #14 - The Tremor!
Scene #15 - Spinethrash the Familiar...
Scene #16 - Report
Scene #17 - Lopunny
Scene #18 - Hyperactivity
Scene #19 - Stranded
Scene #20 - Sukoi
Scene #21 - Continuation!
Scene #22 - Tagging Along
Scene #23 - The New Team Member
Scene #24 - Midnight Battle
Scene #25 - Search Party
Scene #26 - Beginning
Scene #27 - Location!
Scene #28 - Failure...
Scene #29 - ...Or Success?
Scene #30 - Capture!
Scene #31 - Disaster!
Scene #32 - Trapped
Scene #33 - Finding the Way
Scene #34 - Spinethrash's View
Scene #35 - The Jailguards
Scene #36 - A Dream
Scene #37 - Spinethrash's Promise
Scene #38 - Homecoming Party
Scene #39 - The Fatal Strike
Scene #40 - Disaster: Spinethrash's Name
Scene #41 - A New Task: Find "Jirachi!"
Scene #42 - Devising a Plan
Scene #43 - Up and Out of Here!
Scene #44 - epicfailshortscene Being Followed...?
Scene #45 - The Gravelands
Scene #46 - Finally, to the Gravelands!
Scene #47 - Epically Lost
Scene #48 - Spark an Idea
Scene #49 - I Think I Have Officially Figured it Out
Scene #50 - Are We There Yet?
Scene #51 - This Can't be Good
---Scene #51.5
Scene #52 - Probably Different Than Last Time

News
Back up and running!

CREDITS
The Spriters Resource and all of its assistants for providing the sprites that make this possible
Mike the Foxhog's PMD: Explorers of Oddity for inspiring this.
Shining Eevee's sprite comic style as a base for this one.
Mewtwo for the face-change attempts of the character Croconaw. I loved the angry one!​

Last edited:
Interesting comic. Mystery Dungeon comics seem to be all the rage lately.

I particularly liked Issue 11. It seemed to bring around a little foreshadowing for the overall plot.

I don't think it's that bad at all! I find it to be very well done.

The forgetful Stantler was actually very amusing. ^^

Okay, I am sorry, I'll finish the Gible, and start on your Croconaws.

And also, that was me, using my failcomics that are gone now.

You mean YOU were the one who used that style originally? Wow, I never would have guessed O.o

Scene 18 made me laugh so hard I'm now dizzy. :D If I were Lopunny, I think I would have jumped off... xD It IS a rabbit, after all. The "plot important" part suspends me. Great work! Keep going!

Not bad at all =D Quite different to see a PMD comic that doesn't centre around comedy.
The layout's also very nice; you get more room to type speech, and the battle scenes are far less cluttered. If only I'd thought of it first. xD

True, true. A PMD comic that isn't supposed to be a lollfest is pretty rare around here, it seems. (And, Mike, I actually did try to use that format with an older comic... I found it too difficult to follow and structure and gave up. xD) As for the actual comic, yes! I do like it a lot. C:

Eh, I just noticed I forgot to add the 23rd issue x3

It's up there now. I'm working on 24 and probably 25 after that.

EDIT: I FORGOT TO PUT KOKORO IN 23 LAST PANEL xD

EDIT2: Does anyone want me to reveal Spinethrash's real name if he's a television character?

Last edited:
No, no, no! Don't spoil it for the others! ;)

You're right, the scenes ARE getting pretty epic. I'm aching to read it! :D

I know, I meant later. I think I will, it'll be more epic that way :D

Urk, sorry 'bout scene 25, guys... got carried away with the epic-in-my-opinionness ><

Hehe, great! I'm really starting to get the feel of this, with scenes 35 through 37 and things. Now you just need to add more Lopunny and Destiny Hill
Keep up the great work. You're really improving.

I know I'm a bit late in saying this, but I believe the format you're using is mine. (Example) I'm not saying it isn't okay, I just thought I'd let you know.

Geez, that was a long time ago... I started that comic before the forum crash. ;_;

Yeah I know, I'm sorta getting slow and I can only do this at my mom's house, so x) Next time I get bored, I'll be sure to make the next issue.

Okay, guys. I know I haven't updated for more than a month but now it's time to get this thing going again. I finally got an idea of Spinethrash's reaction so now I can continue this.

Happy reading!

-Kokoro

Back
Top Bottom