• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Pokemon Uranium Beta 1

doesn't work for me - it just said "one or more fonts in this game do not eist on the system" after the title screen.

It should install the fonts on your system :/ but even if it doesn't, it's still playable-- just with, y'know, Arial rather than your standard Pokemon font. I think. It really didn't work? That's strange.

Holy Crap! I've been watching this game on the TCoD forums and the PokeCommunity forums (though don't have an account :grin:) and have been wondering if it was gonna ever be revived on here. And now it is! Lemme check out the beta, I'm sure it'll be great (though secretly wishes that he could've pounced on it earlier on and got some of his fakemons in :angry:).

*Goes and checks Uranium out*

It should install the fonts on your system :/ but even if it doesn't, it's still playable-- just with, y'know, Arial rather than your standard Pokemon font. I think. It really didn't work? That's strange.

yeh - it just flashes evry now and then (while telling me I do not have necessary fonts), bringing me back to where it started telling me that I do not have necessary fonts...

On my computer, ti says it's a RAR file and it sends me to the internet for a fail-search of what program it has been created with.

Holy Crap! I've been watching this game on the TCoD forums and the PokeCommunity forums (though don't have an account :grin:) and have been wondering if it was gonna ever be revived on here. And now it is! Lemme check out the beta, I'm sure it'll be great (though secretly wishes that he could've pounced on it earlier on and got some of his fakemons in :angry:).

*Goes and checks Uranium out*
Glad to hear you're excited! Enjoy!

yeh - it just flashes evry now and then (while telling me I do not have necessary fonts), bringing me back to where it started telling me that I do not have necessary fonts...
I talked to JV, he suggests C+Ping the font (in the download) to your windows fonts folder. This video may help as well.

On my computer, ti says it's a RAR file and it sends me to the internet for a fail-search of what program it has been created with.
You don't have Winrar?! (well, not your fault really, I didn't have it either for a while xD) Winrar is a more efficient form of file compression than Winzip. You can download it here.

Hope this helps! ^^

I'll try it later today(it's already the 8th here!).

P.S> Thanks in advance!(Hehe my DS got banned today by my parents... so I can play here!)

Well, downloaded it and everything, but when I open it up with my RAR opener, there's nothing in it. What's going on?

EDIT: Ack, nevermind. I just downloaded WinRAR, and all's well it seems... Well, I'll try to enjoy the game now. :P

EDIT2: Okay, well the download went smooth, it's just that the program itself won't open. No matter how many times I click game.exe, it won't open. The screen is just staring at me at the face. :C

Last edited:
Dunno about your problem, Eclipse. :/ Reminds me of what happened when I tried to run my DS emulator... but this isn't a DS game, so idk.

But, um. Winrar. You open the .rar file. You select Winrar from the list it brings up (or perhaps it will automatically launch). You choose "decompress" or whatever and a destination for the folder. You press go. You go to the folder. You open the file. You play the game.

right clicked the fonts and chose install to install them - it works perfectly now and it's great!

Twiggy, I think you may need to have RPG Maker XP installed, it's working fine for me. But then again, I don't really know.

Here are some errors I've found.

Typo in the first bit; me instead of me. a fire type, not an. I've come across a glitch outside the fisher guy's house where the door seems to move around with the character, whilst there is still a door sprite in place.

In Pokemarts, it doesn't actually tell you how much you have in your bag. In Kevlar, there are houses where you can walk over the door. I'm not sure it was you're intending, but when I first went into a Pokemon center, they healed me just when I entered.

Otherwise, I like the mapping, the menu's look good (even if the HP bar and EXP bar are a bit difficult to see) the music is okay but seems oddly mixed. And the first encounter screen with Theo was odd; was it meant to show Bamb'o and Theo the whole time or was it meant to turn on and off? Ah, I'm still enjoying it so far.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom