• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Prompt me real quick, guys.

Phoenixsong

beep beep coming through
Pronoun
she/they/any
(mmm, "real quick", can you just see the Southernness oozing out of me, I thought I'd suppressed it all)

Semi-crossposting this from my art thread so people who write instead of art will see it:

I'm doing this "advent calendar challenge" thing on another forum where you get twelve prompts from other people and do art/writingstuff with those prompts by the 31st. I haven't done... anything, really—only just started on one of the fic ones today—and at this point it's not looking like I'll make it, but I still want to try as soon as I have more time! And seeing as I only have five right now (though I don't think anyone actually has twelve, lol), that means I need seven more prompts! So! Prompt me some writingstuff, you guys! It can be just about anything, but a) no serious sex/pr0n/shipping/romance/buh because that makes me hurl, b) no these are not requests, c) these will probably be really really short because low on time and d) I reserve the right to horribly mangle anything involving a fandom I know nothing about (safe fandoms: Pokémon, Golden Sun, Tales of Symphonia, Phoenix Wright, Harry Potter, a couple of Fire Emblem games, and other stuff I'm forgetting so try me? mangling would probably be funnier, though). Or you could prompt something original, it doesn't have to be fancrap. Like just a story about dragons or crossing guards or something, I don't know and I don't care. Go wild! Prompt me! Give me stuff to do! I'm also still looking for art prompts (go to my art thread if you want to suggest artstuff) so I can't guarantee I'll use seven writing prompts (if I get that many), but prompt me anyway I need ideas. Yes. If I don't finish everything by New Year's Eve then I'll probably still do the really interesting stuff anyway, btw.

(parentheses)

Um, yeah. Anyone? :D

You have six hundred forty-six prompts right here!

But other than that hm. You played TWEWY, right? :D Um let's see. Phoenix Wright... I've been playing through JFA again, and something involving Adrian could be cool (/takes this time to download Follow the Fool to her card), but idk, who are your favorite characters...?

Alternately, dragon crossing guards yes.

Cross Fight Club with Sherlock. Do it.

Sherlock? Check? Fight Club? Uh. All I know about Fight Club is that you don't talk about Fight Club, which is pretty unhelpful! (By design, I suppose.) But uh I can try and look stuff up I guess! IT'S MANGLETIEM

You have six hundred forty-six prompts right here!

But other than that hm. You played TWEWY, right? :D Um let's see. Phoenix Wright... I've been playing through JFA again, and something involving Adrian could be cool (/takes this time to download Follow the Fool to her card), but idk, who are your favorite characters...?

Alternately, dragon crossing guards yes.

I know that, tickybox, but a) "here's a pokémon name, ready set go!" is not very inspiring on its own (hence why I asked for prompts there, too, derp) and b) the point of the calendarthing is to try and get other people to tell me most of what to do! It's more fun that way! (Sure, I might put some of the results there anyway—apparently a totally generic prompt from that forum magically transformed into a story about a torkoal of all things—but other ideas are cool, too. I don't write enough non-Pokémon-crap. :( )

I have played TWEWY but didn't get to see all of the reports, so that's sort of on the edge. If you wanted to suggest something involving
Yoshiya being revealed as the Composer
, sure, I could try that as far as I remember it, but if it involved, say, the fact that Panthera Cantus is actually Mr. Mew or whatever, that would tip over into mangletiem territory. And PW guh I can't pick a favorite character. :( ANYONE WILL DO, I mean come on it's PHOENIX WRIGHT. How can you go wrong with that.

How can you not have seen Fight Club? Go see it now. Seriously. I am disappoint, Fratice. Really really disappoint. :[

Alright then, cross Victor/Victoria with Sherlock. And watch Fight Club. And then... er... Phoenix Wright and Sherlock?

How specific would you like? If you don't mind too specific, write characters from Narnia, The Wizard of Oz, and Alice in Wonderland arguing about whose imaginary world is cooler.

Victor/Victoria and Sherlock oh god. I... I don't even.

:D

ETA @ opal: doesn't have to be horribly detailed or anything, no. Just something more than "here's a pokémon, go" or "here's a fandom, go" or whatever. The prompt I already started working with was "Two paths diverged in a yellow wood; she chose the psychopath", for example. That imaginary world one sounds cool. :D

Lloyd and Kratos having a Pokemon battle in Torent Forest. Complete with all sorts of cheesiness and inspirational speeches.

Why yes, I am not original

Phoenix Wright is busy investigating a case, but then suddenly he is challenged to an eating contest! with! marshmallows! WHY IS THIS

(I am sorry for stupid prompt but I decided I had to.)

Prompts
-------

1. Time traveler goes to prehistoric times to ride a triceratops. Hilarity ensues.
2. An epic swordfight in a desert with people wearing party hats
3. Kay and Maya (AAI/PW) as Pokemon trainers
4. Ninja horses.
5. Prompt focusing on a villain of your choice in a sympathetic light
6. A PW/ Dr. Horrible's Sing-Along Blog crossover

So yeah.....

I would like to see you write a story that involves a half-human girl whose life is turned completely upside down by the revelation that her real [PARENT] isn't human. It has to be horror, and she has to be smoking hot.

Would this be helpful?

There's also a story generator on TV Tropes (under the 'Toys' menu), but I won't link it incase you get stuck there for hours clicking all the links instead of writing the ideas that come up :)

"All gay people are Narnians".

Hrm! I don't actually know much about Narniaverse (or, really, any of what opal mentioned aside from having read/seen Wicked and long-forgotten memories of the Wizard of Oz movie), but as both that and opal's idea would be fun for mangletiem anyway...

Lloyd and Kratos having a Pokemon battle in Torent Forest. Complete with all sorts of cheesiness and inspirational speeches.

Why yes, I am not original

Pfft, bad crossovers + inspirational speeches > originality.

"Certainly I've always been this way, a patched-up, crazy Matryoshka!"

Also an epic song, but you can just draw from the quote.

I dig quote prompts!

Phoenix Wright is busy investigating a case, but then suddenly he is challenged to an eating contest! with! marshmallows! WHY IS THIS

(I am sorry for stupid prompt but I decided I had to.)

I DON'T KNOW, LET'S FIND OUT

A court case in the pokémon world.

phoenix wright references aplenty

Will consider this!

Prompts
-------

1. Time traveler goes to prehistoric times to ride a triceratops. Hilarity ensues.
2. An epic swordfight in a desert with people wearing party hats
3. Kay and Maya (AAI/PW) as Pokemon trainers
4. Ninja horses.
5. Prompt focusing on a villain of your choice in a sympathetic light
6. A PW/ Dr. Horrible's Sing-Along Blog crossover

So yeah.....

aaaragle Dr. Horrible how could I forget you. I need to rewatch that. Other stuff is cool, too, but... Dr. Horrible.

I would like to see you write a story that involves a half-human girl whose life is turned completely upside down by the revelation that her real [PARENT] isn't human. It has to be horror, and she has to be smoking hot.

This is a cool idea! I'm probably going to have to shelve it for later, though. As much as I'd like to be able to write proper horror, I really know nothing about it and have never actually been scared/unsettled/etc. by anything I've read, seen, etc. (aside from almost puking at the beginning of a Saw movie). I can't suspend my disbelief very well with that genre, it seems. :/ I doubt I could do something like this justice with so little time/practice, so. But I will keep the idea in mind!

Would this be helpful?

There's also a story generator on TV Tropes (under the 'Toys' menu), but I won't link it incase you get stuck there for hours clicking all the links instead of writing the ideas that come up :)

Ooh, shiny toys. I'd kind of rather use human-suggested prompts for this particular challenge, but will note for future inspiration! Thanks!

THESE ARE WONDERFUL, BEAUTIFUL IDEAS AND PLEASE KEEP THEM COMING

(probably I will attempt to act on some of these starting when it's not Christmas and I am not in a food coma)

Sherlock is in a food coma but insists on solving a mystery involving the disappearance of his fridge-head Vladimir!

Back
Top Bottom