• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Re-joining ASB

Darksong

Back in action!
I know, I haven't been here in forever... but that's because for some reason, no matter what I did, for a while, I couldn't see any posts that were made after January or so. Finally it's been fixed somehow (I posted a little yesterday), and I noticed that there's some new system with ASB. Apparently, I can't use my old profile anymore, so what's the new procedure for signing up for ASB? I was looking around the threads in the ASB forum and I couldn't find anything new that explained it.

OOh hey it did. Just post in the bank saying you're alive and maybe repost your profile or restart.

If you already have an account and simply want it to be reintegrated into the new hack (assuming it hasn't been already—check your user profile and see if there's an "ASB" tab after the visitor messaging tabs and such), post in the ASB Hack Discussion thread and tell Negrek you'd like your account added; she'll be able to help you from there. If you don't have an account or want to start over, then go to the bottom of the forum and look at the bar of links there. In between "Archive" and "Top" there should be a link for an ASB control panel; click it, and it should give you instructions for opening or resetting your account.

Currently, I don't see anything that says "ASB Control Panel" or anything like that on the bottom of the page. I read that part in the new ASB thread that explains the hack, but I was confused because I don't see an ASB Control Panel on the bottom of the forum or in my User CP.

That's... odd. It may have something to do with the other problems people have been having with missing links/buttons. I guess you'll just have to wait for Negrek's word on it, then. Sorry.

I know, I haven't been here in forever... but that's because for some reason, no matter what I did, for a while, I couldn't see any posts that were made after January or so. Finally it's been fixed somehow (I posted a little yesterday), and I noticed that there's some new system with ASB. Apparently, I can't use my old profile anymore, so what's the new procedure for signing up for ASB? I was looking around the threads in the ASB forum and I couldn't find anything new that explained it.
I haven't written instructions for this yet (and you shouldn't be able to see that link Kratos mentioned, either, so don't worry about it). Do you want to start over or carry over your old account? If you want to start over, go here and follow the directions (i.e. press the button). If you want your old account back, have a look at this thread and then PM me your own profile in that format so it can be added to the database.

You shouldn't? Shouldn't there be a readily visible way for new people to see it, though? If not that, where would it be?

Only people who are already in the ASB system have that link in the footer. If you log out, for example, it shouldn't still be there.

The join link will be included in the FAQ/newbie guide that I'll be putting up soon that has the instructions for how to join. If this proves to be a bad idea and I'm constantly getting people going "HOW I CAN JOIN??" despite all efforts to get them to read the stupid thread, I'll figure out some other way to distribute it.

Back
Top Bottom