• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Realistic Pokémafia IV

Superbird

Fire emblem is great
Realistic Pokémafia IV

Skipping III because why not. This is becoming an annual thing, it seems.

Welcome to Realistic Pokémafia!

Realistic Pokémafia is called such because rather than having a standard defined action, players will instead use one of their several moves, which will serve as their night action. In addition, some players will have multiple damaging moves, and when one player uses a damaging move against another, damage will be calculated as it is in the games (including type matchups), and a portion of the target's HP will be deducted. It should be noted that not all moves will have the same effects as they do in the games - some will be altered, for balancing purposes.

Upon sign-up, each player will choose one fully-evolved, non-legendary pokémon. These pokémon will then be thrown randomly into a hat and each player's role will be randomly picked out of said hat.

Other than that, the game will function like normal Mafia -- there will be an uninformed majority faction, the innocents, and an informed minority, the mafia, and the win goals for each party will be standard.

Lynching will function differently than the past Realistic Pokémafias, however: they will no longer be a GM Insta-Kill. Rather, the last player to cast the relevant lynch vote will use their most powerful damage-dealing attack (which may or may not be one of their possible night actions) and deal damage to the designated lynch-target. Depending on the stats of the pokémon that is lynched, there is a chance that the lynchee might not actually get knocked out from the attack.

Rules summation:
  • When signing up, each player will post one pokémon in the thread. These choices will be randomized to create roles.
  • Each night, a player MUST use one of their moves on an appropriate target.
  • If not sent in, night actions will be randomized with extreme prejudice.
  • When a pokémon's HP reaches 0, and only then, it will faint and be removed from the game, excepting special circumstances
  • Out-of-thread communication will not be allowed unless otherwise stated in role PMs.
  • During the day phase, the town may either choose to lynch one player, or to abstain from lynching altogether, though the latter option can be used only once in a row.
  • At the end of every night, each living player will receive a report regarding their current status.
  • The Mafia will win when they outnumber the innocents.
  • The innocents will win when all the Mafia are no longer able to battle.
  • Flavor will be relevant, but not excessively so.
If there is anything vague or unclear, please do not hesitate to question it here. Also do not hesitate to offer preemptive suggestions as to how to better handle the came - I will certainly take them into account. Sign-ups will be open until they aren't -- after approximately 48 hours with no one joining the game, it will begin.

I'll do my best to make this fun for everyone and a lot less imbalanced (different role powers for the mafia than for the innocents, more variability in move types, modification of certain power levels, etc.) than the last one.

Re: Realistic Pokémafia IV

do I be evil and put the magikarp?

do I carry out a death sentence for most everyone if it turns out to be a mafia role, and put yveltal?

do I put shedinja for kicks and giggles?

no... I must be reasonable

but let's still spice things up

Ditto!

edit: Goddammit Mawile I wanted that #1 spot for once! >:[

Last edited:
Re: Realistic Pokémafia IV

Ampharos.

It appears I've broken your chain of exclamation marks.

Back
Top Bottom