• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Open Rebirth

Darksong

Back in action!
There are some humans… no, something different. They are no longer living. They were humans. Foolishly thinking they were worth nothing, or for various other reasons, they threw their lives away in some way or another. And afterwards, there was a light; a thousand-armed being that faded into a white, quadrupedal body.
“I have given humans the gift of being natural leaders of Pokémon….” He begins, and then he explains how they are capable of using Poké Balls and training the Pokémon without the Pokémon killing the humans. Then, there is one final warning… “However, this comes at the price that you humans must live your life to the fullest, and taking your life now defies my will. I will send you back to your world, but you will be punished; I will remove the gift I gave humanity from you.”
These humans knew nothing more of their human life, as when they awoke, they were Pokémon.

You are one of these Pokémon.

Rules:
1. use common sense.
2. No godmoding, Mary-sues, or powerplaying.
3. Good grammar and spelling, please. If you think there are a lot of mistakes, type your post up on a word processor, then fix the mistakes and copy-and-paste it here.
4. PM me before any major plot change.
5. Male Gardevoir came up with the idea

Form:

Name:
Appearance: as a Pokémon.
Biography: Not optional. Include why you committed suicide.
Personality: Preferably not PO.
Other:

--

Name: Rhonda Rotmann (Cicada)
Species: Scizor
Appearance: Nothing special
Biography: Though she was a smart student in school, she was short tempered and often got into detention, which severely damaged her grades. Discouraged and convinced she would fail school, she slit her own throat with a steak knife.
Personality: As mentioned in her biography, she is quite short-tempered. But really, she cares about others, and is trying to keep herself from getting angry, although it's not much improvement. Mainly, she likes to be alone so she can think, although she doesn't have much to think about. However, her mind wanders and she always finds a way to amuse herself.
Other:

Last edited:
:D I sure hope this RP lives...

Name: Weavile
Species: Weavile
Appearance: ...Do I have to? He's just your average, run 'o the mill Weavile in terms of appearance.
Biography: As a human, Weavile was a common thief working for the former Team Rocket. His only wage was the Pokemon and valuables he stole. One day, however, he made one false move and was caught in the act. But, before he was taken to court, he committed suicide.
Personality: Somewhat psychotic, though not proven mentally insane, he doesn't work well with others. He is also extremely greedy and controlling. However, having lost his memory, his personality may not show quite as much.
Other: Yeah, I don't know if this goes for everyone, but I made his name his species' name because I figured he wouldn't remember his real name.

Recommendations? Don't eat the yellow snow. :3

Name: Leo Davide (Blade)
Species: Gallade
Appearance: Perfectly normal Gallade
Biography: Leo was often made fun of at school, often due his bad breath and lack of interests in the things most other boys had. He had no friends, his parents didn't appreciate anything he did. Yet he tried to be as friendly as he could be, hoping someone would like him in the end. He committed suicide by sleep pills after the girl he loved had a long speech about how much she actually hated him.
Personality: Leo tries to be as nice as he can, hoping he can be appreciated by those around him. Although he is still very shocked if he actually gets praised. He can at times talk as if was forced to talk, while at other times being as quiet as a brick wall.
Other: Tragic cliché character is tragic cliché. :P

Last edited:
Name: If can't remember name, Umbreon. If I can, Mysti Endris.
Species: Umbreon
Appearance: Lavender eyes
Biography: Her mom and dad were mean; flushing her head in the toilet when she was naughty. She was finally sick and tired of this harrassment, so the took her dad's meat cutting knife and slit her throat.
Personality: Very... hyper. Very curious.
Other: Made in two minutes at school.

Name:Gregory Arais *Or Lucifer, if memory t'was wiped and he can't remeber his name*
Species:Houndoom
Appearance: His horns are chipped a bit, his muzzle is speckeled with a darker color, giving him a rugged appearence,and he has stunning blue eyes.
Biography: As a human, very much was expected of Gregory. His father was in the navy, and they moved a lot. The punishments were cruel-whipping, sleeping in the rain, not even glancing in his direction- for things that were accidents, and not even a big deal. He always was rebellious, and left at the age of 18 to Denver. A few years after that, he was framed for a crime he did not commit, spending years in prison. The fateful phone call of his father, ridiculing him about life and whatnot, was what pushed him over the edge. He stepped out into the lake, drowning himself.
Personality:Greg was always a snarky kind of guy. Never nice to anyone, he has therories about life that are...depressing, to say the least.Is the type to deduce many,many things about people, without knowing them, but he's usually right. He doesn't care if he's liked, and he does what must be done. Always believes that being nice is jst an act. Favors the insane.
Other:Long bio is looong.

Last edited:
Name: Phione (Kate Hawley)
Species: Phione (See Other. If it isn't allowed, change to Froslass).
Appearance: Just an ordinary Phione.
Biography: Kate's life was normal and okay for the most part.. but not really. She was born with a heart condition that basically meant she could just die of a heart attack at any time. She seemed okay until she was about 12, when it started getting worse and worse until she had to stop going to school and even leaving the house, except for going to the hospital. Needless to say, she was very frustrated and depressed. After two years of this, she wanted it to just end already, as it was inevitable what would soon happen anyway. Her dad owned a gun, and she.. well, you know.
Personality: She's easily frustrated and hates staying still for a long time. She's energetic, but not in the cutesy way; she's afraid that what happened as a human will repeat. She doesn't make friends very easily, but will never betray someone's trust if she likes them.
Other: Is Phione considered legendary? I don't think it is and there's multiple in the anime, but..

All accepted. Except for Evoli; MG will need to confirm that, since I don't know. Same with Anakin Altomares Guardian; I'm not sure about characters that are based off people from other movies or books.

MG, you can accept people too!

Name: William 'Mister Curry' Stavros
Species: Leafeon
Appearance: The tips of his tail and ears have a yellowed appearance.
Biography: William, though he has eschewed that name in favor of Mister Curry, served in a war, though he doesn't remember which. What he does remember however is everything bad about it. William has seen his buddies killed, but he has also languished as a prisoner-of-war, witnessed executions of fellow soldiers, and more, though his memory is fuzzy. He left the armed services after receiving a concussion which left permenant damage, aggravating his shellshock, and got him institutionalized soon afterward. At the mental asylum, he languished under 'treatment' by abusive staff. Eventually, flashbacks and insanity pushed him over the edge, and he killed himself, slitting many parts of his body before cutting his throat open and dropping dead in a pool of blood.
Personality: William, Mister Curry as he demands to be called, is crazy in many senses of the word. He is selective about those he trusts, but stubbornly protective of those he does trust. William is nice and polite some of the time, but this teeter-totters with a strange, neurotic, and strangely thoughtful side, wherein he questions just about anything. He also has a cheerful and optimistic phase, but it strikes at the most inappropriate times.
Other: Sometimes he shivers for no apparent reason.

Yes, you should still call him Mister Curry if we've forgotten our names. Or you'll regret it. D=

Woo-hoo, curry! You're in.

EDIT:
Name: Rhonda "Zammeister" Rotmann
Species: Rotom
Appearance: Normal, except with dimmed colors.
Biography: Both of her parents are from Germany. She has always had an interest in German culture, and learned German in her first year of junior high. But she commited suicide because she thought the end of the world WOULD come in 2012 so she killed herself before it would happen.
Personality: Quick-thinking and speedy, she is easily excited and enjoys athletic events. However, she is sensitive and short-tempered. Her personality is pretty much what you'd expect from an energetic electric type.
Other: Unfortunately, I can't learn any languages until 8th grade (Japanese in 9th.) And thanks, Cryptica, for the reason of suicide.

SEE FIRST POST

Last edited:
Y'know Darksong, I really think you're better of being the only DM.

As for the matter, I'd say Evoli is accepted, as Phione doesn't reach the qualities of a legendary, its stat total is 480 instead of 600 and you breed it to get it. Altomares isn't accepted thought, as you'd have to show you have creative nuggets by making your own character.

Also, I changed my characters name to Leo, BECAUSE I FREAKIN' HAD TO!

Name: Alina Heiderich, was called 'Stars' as a nickname when human
Species: Clefable

Appearance: She's not as... pudgy as most of her kind, but otherwise a Clefable.

Biography: Born to a well-off family from Germany, Alina was treated very well by her family. She was beautiful and smart as well, and as a result her peers adored her. She had a 'perfect' life until she turned 16 and met the love of her life, an 18-year-old boy with long hair and a motorcycle. Her parents disliked the boy, but she went with him anyway, and soon found herself pregnant by him. She ignored her parent's wishes to be rid of the child, and moved in with her lover's family. Soon after the birth of her son, her lover died in a motor accident and left her with the child. Grief-stricken, she threw herself in front of a train to join her love in the sweet abyss, leaving her newborn son with her lover's young brother.

Personality: She's very sweet for the most part, if somewhat high-strung and with a stubborn steak a mile long. She tends to clash with those with like personalities, and will defend her point to the end.

Other: why yes, she is based off Alfons Heiderich but a girl. C:

*dramasparkle*

Name: Nevra

Species: Banette

Appearance: Nevra is a very tattered, torn, forlorn Banette. She has several rips and tears all over her body, and her tail is missing altogether.

Biography: Nevra was born into a family who didn't want her. She was neglected and abused severely, and was always kept in a small closet. They gave her about one slice of bread and a small glass of water each day, although they sometimes forgot. Her mother, who was nicer but also abused by her father, once gave her a doll. It was thrown away once her father found out, and Nevra didn't even have anyone to confide in. One day, she found a low-hanging belt and hung herself at the age of about 10, but she didn't really know because no one ever celebrated her birthdays.

Personality: Nevra is timid and afraid. She keeps to the dark because she never really saw any light for her whole life, and it hurts her eyes. She is convinced that everyone is out to get her, and that there isn't anyone different from her father. When attacked, she tries to flee, but if she has to attack then she does so violently as to not be condemned to go back to her old life. She doesn't really speak much, and when she does, no one can really understand her since no one bothered to teach her proper speech.

Other: In case you couldn't tell, she was reincarnated in the thrown-away doll that she used to have ;D

Name: Eric
Species: Skuntank
Appearance: your average Skuntank
Biography: He was a suicide bomber who hated the world enough to blow himself to smithereens. He became a suicide bomber for a different reason than other terrorists. He died not for a religious belief of an afterlife, but he was Communist, and despised the vast majority of the Capitalist world.
Personality: He is a highly intelligent, yet angsty, fiery-tempered, and can be a brutish jerk. Get him angry and he may end up killing you some day when you least expect it.
Other: I joined out of boredom, and based my character off myself.

Name: Kristen
Species: Flareon
Appearance: Just a regular Flareon nothing new.
Biography: She found her twin brother shot to death and the gun lying by his body there was still one bullet left and she shot herself.
Personality: She's nice to people most of the time and when they try to irritate her she simply just shrugs them off then gives them a nasty look.

Other: Miss her bother a lot.

Last edited:
All above who posted after MG, are accepted, except Anakin Altomares Guardian (again, sorry). Your character's personality seems a bit too perfect. No one's completely good!

Name: Private Michael J Caboose, but call him Caboose
Species: Absol
Appearance: looks like absol but has a red stripe down his back.
Biography: He was in a battle with red team and his best friend Andy was killed so he dropped a grenade to his feet. Later, it turns out Andy wasn’t dead and it was red team playing trick him, he overreacted
Personality: kind of silly and irrational, but born to kill.
Other: favorite moves Quick Attack, Razor Wind, Night Slash, Psycho Cut

Last edited:
Erm, sorry to say, but I think I'll pull out of this RP. I've already lost interest, really, and I don't see myself posting much.

Name: Lupistar (Garzum Malariokus)
Species: Electrike
Appearance: ElectriKE
Biography: When his beloved Manectric was killed by a falling boulder, he jumped off the nearby cliff and landed rather comically.
Personality: Lupistar talks extremely fast and loves to exercise. He can be a bit hasty of times but he's a well-rounded technician and likes to fight.

Name: Sorinak (Bob-Benjamin Nonsense)
Species: Raichu
Appearance:
026_2.png

Biography: His best friend was electrocuted by a falling telephone wire and died, so he jumped off the same cliff off which Lupistar jumped and landed comically two inches to the left of Lupistar's spot.
Personality: You might say Sorinak and Lupistar are on opposite sides of the zodiac. He's patient and doesn't talk too fast. He only does as much exercise as he needs but he can often forget things.

I think battles should be Anime style in this role-play, which means you can have every move your Pokemon can learn by any method. You're accepted, but please RP in third-person.

EDIT: Shining Eevee, it hasn't even started yet. Cryptica is in.

Back
Top Bottom