• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

SEAFOOD.

What is your favorite kind of Seafood?

• Fish

Votes: 11 27.5%
  • Lobster/Crab

Votes: 6 15.0%
  • Shrimp

Votes: 11 27.5%
  • Mussel/Oysters/clams/etc.

Votes: 2 5.0%
  • Eeew seafood is gross.

Votes: 10 25.0%

• Total voters

Wargle

Dirty minds think alike~
For discussion of all noms that coem from water, fish, shrimp, crab, etc.

I like shrimp and cod, but only the latter with tea.

Well, I like grilled rainbow trout. Tilapia and flounder are okay... I like shrimp too but I guess I like fish more? Some fish, anyway. Breaded fish sticks are gross. Catfish is kinda gross.

I like getting crab stuffed mushrooms from Red Lobster, but that's the only time I'll eat crab. I can eat lobster but it's not a favorite. It's all my sister would eat for the longest time after her chemo, though. I got burnt out on Red Lobster kind of fast.

I can't bring myself to eat shellfish; they're like the insects of the ocean.

I'll eat fish, though I don't do so often just because I don't go to a lot of seafood places anyway. Catfish is my favorite but that's not saying much, since I don't eat much else in the way of fish.

I really only like the fresh caught seafood my family would catch. So that would include salmon (especially smoked salmon <3), shrimp, crab, halibut, lobster, and rainbow trout is pretty good as well. Oh and I love herring eggs on hemlock branches, which may sound weird but it's kind of an Alaskan Native tradition we grew up on. :]

And on the "have tried, but don't like" list there's squid, oysters, clams, and last but not least whale. I didn't know what it was when I tried it, because they had an eskimo name for it, so I was like "D:" when I found out what it was. I don't really know how the people from up north like it. D:

yaaaaay prawns!

fish is okay too I guess? :/ I haven't eaten enough lobster or crab to have an opinion on it, but mussels are disgusting.

Actually I do eat tea and drink cod in real life, not just here.

I like Shrimp. and cod. That;s it. I ate catfish once, with hotsauce, which is ironic because I hate hot sauce and fish not cod.

Seafood is amazing~

All forms of it except for those damn krill and oysters. And fricking cucumbers. I mean, come on, they're cucumbers living in saltwater their whole lives, they might as well be sea pickles. Eewy.

Favorites would have to be cod, salmon, tuna, lobster, crab (especially in cake form), shrimp, scallops (which is properly pronounced to rhyme with "wallop") and clams. Soo until there's a SEAFOOD FTW button in the poll, I'm not voting.

I like seafood but I never got to eat it much. My dad didn't like it so my mom never made it. :<

I do love fried shrimp. And sushi, especially eel. And any generic fish is probably also good. I don't like crab very much because it's a pain in the ass to eat; I've never had lobster.

I can't bring myself to eat shellfish; they're like the insects of the ocean.

Delicious insects of the ocean. Raw oysters are so good... Oyster in general is good, although it can be horribly gross if you cook it wrong. And I love clams cooked with basil leaves. Delicious does not describe the awesome that is shellfish. Also, shrimps and prawns are awesome. So are crabs. My mom buys fresh crabs from our awesome asian supermarket and just thrown them in the oven to bake. That way, all the flavor is concentrated into the crab, and it tastes slightly smoky and full of deliciousness. Lobster is like a milder version of crab with some shrimp tossed in. I've only had lobster once, so I can't really comment, but, according to my memory, it was very delicious.

I really only like the fresh caught seafood my family would catch. So that would include salmon (especially smoked salmon <3), shrimp, crab, halibut, lobster, and rainbow trout is pretty good as well. Oh and I love herring eggs on hemlock branches, which may sound weird but it's kind of an Alaskan Native tradition we grew up on. :]

Whoa, you get fresh seafood?! Lucky you. Fresh seafood is the best (even better than steak, in my opinion), especially wild salmon. The first time I had wild salmon was about a week ago, and you can really taste the difference, even though it's one of those flash-frozen packets. Farmed salmon tastes mushy and kind of gross, but wild salmon is so good. And freshly caught halibut is definitely superior to grocery store halibut. They taste completely different, even when cooked in the same way. Fresh halibut has a finer, smoother texture, while grocery store halibut is sort of grainy and ugh.

My favorite cooked fish is probably tilapia; it doesn't really taste like anything, but it's the few fresh fishes that's sold cheaply at the supermarket nearby, and my parents are great at cooking it. Although wild salmon is flying up my list at this moment.

Random weird seafood I've eaten: jellyfish (tasteless, interesting texture, sort of crunchy), sea cucumbers (weird aftertaste, interesting texture), shark (really rough texture, can't remember the taste because I was really young).

Why yes I do love my seafood.

I'm a vegetarian, but. I like to reminisce about the ol' meaty days. 8)

I adored seafood; tuna, rainbow trout, shrimps (<3), pilchards... the list goes on forever and ever. Seafood pizzas were basically the highlight of my entire year, oh goddd the seafood pizzas.

I don't really eat seafood, unless it would be terribly impolite not to. I don't like salty things, so I don't even like seaweed, and vegetarianism gets in the way of most other things X3

aaaa i can't decide between mussels and shrimp and scallops and salmon and and aaaaa

Man I'm the only one who like shellfish :\

ANYWAY MUSSELS AND CLAMS ARE GREAT and oyster soup is also great and sushi is great too but that is not an option D:

I like all types of seafood - fish, shellfish, clams/mussels/scallops, etc.

My favorite type of fish is salmon, and I also love shrimp.

Last edited:
Fish is gooood.

I like tuna and haddock the best. It's always weird when we go to England because they make fish suppers with some sort of mysterious fish that isn't haddock and it weirds me out. :(

Back
Top Bottom