• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

[Sign-ups Closed] Pokémorphs: New Day, New Dawn

Pronoun
she
[Sign-ups Closed] Pokémorphs: New Day, New Dawn

Pokémorphs: New Day, New Dawn

Rising to the top can be a dirty, dirty business.

For scientists, it's even more so; everyone wants to be the most acclaimed, the best of the best, the top dog. When someone invents atomic bombs, you have to do better--you have to make one twice as deadly to go down into the book of history.

Some even research and study the most ridiculous things just to get a taste of fame.

Such is the story of one unfortunately ambitious man, a man the government still refuses to acknowledge existed because of his crimes, a man so many people overlooked, a man we still don't even know the name of.

But oh, is he so significant--especially to you.

Pokémon have been around for generations, as long or longer than humans have, and the mystery surrounding them is always present. When someone finds out something new, it only raises more questions: "Was the Pokémon creation story how we really came to be?" "Why are Meowth obsessed with currency?" "Will we ever be able to translate their speech so we can fully understand them?"

But this particular man had tunnel vision, so to speak. He did not ask these common questions. No, he was focused on one specific question, one he wouldn't leave alone: "What if Pokémon and human DNA was spliced together?"

It was a preposterous goal, ridiculous and inhumane for both parties involved, but that didn't stop him.

The moral and ethical compass of one's mind tends to lead them astray along the conquest of fame, after all.

It was simple getting a few test subjects. They were all mindless, naive children. Some he fooled into thinking they would get "super powers"; others he had to physically carry away with him when they resisted and threatened to expose his madness to their mommies and daddies. All involved would soon forget his face, thanks to a little amnesia-inducing serum he had traded for in the scientific community, so he didn't care how he acquired his little guinea pigs.

The testing went on for days, then months, then a little over a year, then four more. He found it quaint that some of the families of his test subjects were still looking for their lost children even after all this time, but he never questioned the morality of his own actions. At this point, his values regarding human life had diminished entirely--his only focus was to complete his goal.

And then, finally, he had done it; they were half human, half Pokémon. Just as he had wanted and dreamed and prayed for. Some of them were odder than the sketches of his expectations, some were more powerful than he could have ever imagined. They were all his treasures, though. His one goal, his one true accomplishment, his dream come true. It felt surreal, what he had achieved.

But ultimately they were all for naught.

The government was hot on his trail.

He could've just turned them in as he was handcuffed and carted away, but he would not stand for those buffoons to mess up his life's work! Never! That was out of the question!

So he sent them away; drugged them all first, gave them the serum to make sure their memories would be wiped clean, and had a "friend" ship them to the Johto region's Goldenrod City, where the authorities of Kanto could not legally search for them.

And thus was the end of this man and his career.

But it is only the beginning of yours.

After being dumped off in random points in the city by the "friend," a rather dapper fellow with a handlebar mustache, you quickly realize you have two goals: survive, and stay away from that creep. His eloquently cheesy way with words might have enthralled you on the trip over, but it was made awfully apparent when he seemed reluctant to let you leave that he, proclaimed as being--ahem--"Billius Greigor Wellington the Third," was focused on something...

Cashing in on Poké-human freaks, perhaps? Perhaps so. He kept muttering "circus" and "ringmaster" all the way over to Johto. No doubt he has plans of making good use of his position, as he will try and try to capture all of the scientist's little test subjects and sell them off!

But given his silly way of going about his plans, it shouldn't be much to shrug off. If anything, he is nothing but a bearable annoyance, but an annoyance nevertheless. You will have to watch your back.

So the questions for you remain: How will you survive in this sprawling metropolis as an outcast of society? Will you try to blend in, or will you stay on the fringes? Will you befriend your fellow Pokémorphs, or will you remain a lone wolf? And most importantly, will the dapper gentlemen Billius ever get his hands on you long enough to sell you off to the circus? The future is up to you!

(Yoshi also had this great idea that a Pokémon convention would be going on around the same time the morphs arrive, so everyone would think we're just some people in Pokémon costumes dressing up for the event. So get ready for that; it'll provide some cover for a few days.)

•~•~•~•~•~•​

A FEW RULES...
• This is what I'm going to call a free-form roleplay! Basically that means there's no strict plot here, so you can literally do whatever you want, as long as it's semi-realistic given the circumstances. Go crazy! c:

• This is open to roleplayers of all skill levels. So, that means you can write as little or as much as you want. Preferably more than a sentence and not a whole wall of text, but hey, I'm not gonna burn you at the stake if you do either of those.

Follow these rules. This is just the basic stuff: no Mary Sues, no god-modding/power-playing, etc. We're here to have fun, so don't mess it up for the rest of us, broski.

• While there is no real plot, our buddy Billius (Yoshi drew us up a sketch of him!) is gonna be strutting around a lot. By all means, feel free to control him and fit him into whatever situation you want. He basically functions as a Team Rocket here, and he'll crawl back time and time again with ridiculous plots to capture the Pokémorphs. Have fun with him. :D

• For now, one player per character. I might open this up later so everyone can have two if they want. Playing as Billius for a few posts is alright, though, and that doesn't count as two characters.

• Also, no player limit! For now. If it gets a bit crowded, I'll close up sign-ups. We will start when there's at least five characters, but sign-ups will remain open a bit longer for anyone else wanting to join.

• As GM, I technically have the powers to eject members from the roleplay if they refuse to respect other players or don't follow the general rules... But I know I want have to do that, right? Riiiight. c:

FORM

*Note: Please keep the bolded areas bolded because I can't read. :(

Code:
[b]Name:[/b] Could be your given name, a nickname/alias, whatever.

[b]Age:[/b] Between 10 and 18 for realism reasons. All of the characters were taken in as 
children and were kept as subjects for five years, if that helps 
you get an idea of this. 

[b]Gender:[/b]

[b]Species Spliced With:[/b] Any Pokémon EXCLUDING legendaries.
 Pseudo-legendaries should be fine,
but you might want to run it by me first just in case. 

[b]Appearance:[/b] Can be as nondescript or as detailed as you like it. 
However, you gotta have Pokémon AND human traits in there. :D

[b]Personality:[/b] Same as above. Play-by-post personalities,
aka "I'll play it out and see what happens," is fine, too.  

[b]Basic Powers:[/b] With your new Pokémon abilities,
what are you capable of doing? Can be moves, techniques aligned with your type, 
etc. You can leave this blank if you aren't sure yet.

[b]Other:[/b] Anything else the other players need to know?

CHARACTERS

• Ulqi-chan — Nikki Kroger/Skitty
• Black Yoshi — Benjamin Wallaby/Ampharos
• Sovram — Eskandar Rostami/Tauros
• Mai — Callie Aviery/Hoothoot
• Flora — Maribel "Bell" Reilly/Poochyena
• Sardonic Nova — Lucy Raymond/Luxray
• hopeandjoy — Alexis Fay/Ralts
• Stormecho — Leto Abdima/Larvitar
• Visitor Message — Li Feng/Seviper
• RespectTheBlade — RESERVED
• 1. Luftballon— Iho "Yun" Umritzun/Claydol

Last edited:
Re: [SIGN-UPS OPEN!] Pokémorphs: New Day, New Dawn

My character sheet!

Name: Nikki Kroger

Species Spliced With: Skitty

Appearance: Nikki's splicing with a Skitty's DNA has done nothing but make her appear even more like a child; she barely reaches five feet in height, and her willowy build makes many misjudge her age. Her eyes are often closed as slits, but when they are open one will see cyan cat-like orbs staring back at them. Her hair is a bright, wild shock of baby pink, and it just slightly touches her shoulders. Upon the sides of her head are large, pink, satellite-like ears with purple interiors, and small spikes come off the ends. Her skin is a creamy color, and attached just above her rump is a wiry tail with a bulking pink end. Three yellow bulbs coming off of thin wire-like hairs top off the tail.
Nikki wears common khaki shorts, a plain white t-shirt under a green and black checkered flannel button-up, and black Keds.

Personality: She is eerily happy all of the time; it's almost scary how positive and ecstatic Nikki naturally is. A chocolate-loving, hug-giving girl, she is naive and doesn't really act her age on grounds of maturity. She latches onto other people easily and hates making enemies. Tear-prone when upset and blissfully ignorant of petty much everything, it's best if someone always keeps an eye on her, because if someone tells her to jump off a bridge for candy, she will do it.

Basic Powers: Has sharp nails to scratch with. That tail's awfully deadly as well, I hear. Could use the move Assist on occasion, but can't make herself do it; it comes and goes.

Other: Yiiiiiis. Finally get to use this character. :D AND YOSHI DREW ME A PICTURE OF HER GO HUG HIM

Last edited:

Name: Benjamin Wallaby

Species Spliced With: Ampharos

Appearance: A rather small boy, he looks a couple years younger than he actually is. He has pale, nearly white curly hair that absolutely unruly. Fortunately, it's long enough to cover up the red gem in his forehead. His eyes are the same red color as the gem, and his skin seems to have a yellow tint in dim lighting. In place of his ears, there are two large round conductors, striped with yellow and black. Most people just seem to assume they're headphones, and many try to talk to him by mouthing words or motioning for him to take them off. Naturally, that can make some conversations rather awkward.

He wears a black button-up short sleeve, with a yellow stripe running down the right hand side, and two black armbands on his left wrist. He has baggy gray pants that are tucked into his boots. His boots are bright yellow with black tips, and go about a third of the way up his shins.

Personality: He's always been a polite boy, and the memory wipe hasn't changed that. He goes out of his way to say "Please" and "Thank-you," and pays a great deal of respect to the personal space of others. He rarely complains, even outside of his comfort zone. He's a bit quiet, and dislikes being called "shy," because he feels that he just chooses to give others space. But he's shy.

Often times, if he doesn't know how he should respond, he'll simply apologize. This is usually to compliments. "I like your headphones." To which he says, "Oh... Uh. Sorry."

Basic Powers: He may lack a tail, but he can still light up his forehead gem like a beacon. Obviously he possess a great deal of resistance to electricity. Can use physical moves like Thunderpunch, but unable to use "Special" attacks. Has a tendency to shock people when he touches them, especially on carpet.

Other: He's also a Mama's boy. The memory wipe left one part of his memory intact. His mother. Not anything specific; he knows nothing about her. He only remembers the feelings and sensations he once associated with her. The smells, actually. Mostly smells.

Also he really really likes juice. Any kind. The more you know.

_nother_thingy_by_taylorboykin-d7sv3dp.png

Last edited:

Name: Eskandar Rostami

Species Spliced With: Tauros

Appearance: While Eskandar had already been large for his age when he was abducted, the introduction of Tauros genetic material only served to further enhance his size; he stands at an intimidating 6' 3" and weighs almost 200 pounds. Nearly all of that is lean muscle, giving him a sinewy appearance and enough presence in a room to make even the toughest of thugs shrink back with a second thought. He has a huge, thick mane of curly black hair; the color is nearly as deep as that of his eyes, which are more often than not set in an intense glare. His skin is a burnt siena which usually makes him stand out in Goldenrod. His thick black eyebrows furrow beneath the strange gray bumps that all Tauros share on their foreheads. Oh, and yes: he has horns, though these are small enough to be mostly obscured by his hair. He also has the trio of tails.

Eskandar wears olive trousers, perhaps part of Kanto battledress from an old war, and a matching shirt in a distinctive military style. He claims to not like shoes. The talented Black Yoshi also provided a sketch of Eskandar!

Personality: Warlike wouldn't be a flattering description, but polite or peaceful wouldn't exactly be accurate, either. Tauros are known for their violent nature, and Eskandar is definitely prone to heated confrontation. He's aggressive when it comes to his needs and is filled with a rebellious spirit. He has a love for those who are downtrodden and forgotten by society and fights for them to the point of bullheadedness. He tends to be really loud and pointed, often directly insulting those he's speaking to whether he means to or not.

Basic Powers: He's built like a train. Every so often he can perform a Zen Headbutt but it leaves him with a monster headache.

Last edited:

Interested in this, so reserving!

Hmmm, could the pokémorphs evolve at one point? :o Since we have players at different stages of evolution, it might be an interesting plot point.

Reserved. :D

Huh, that's a good idea. :0 I actually had not thought of that, but I really like the idea. By all means, it should be an option. c:

Name: Maribel “Bell” Reilly

Species Spliced With: Poochyena

Appearance: A word that easily comes to mind when describing Bell would probably be “skinny.” Not healthy-skinny either, but tiny, probably malnourished-skinny; coupled with her relatively-small stature, it makes her look somewhat childish. Her skin, once considering “glowing”, now had a bit of an ashen, greyish look overtop the natural darkness, and her hair had become dark grey thanks to the genes of a certain dog-like Pokemon. Apparently her eyes had once been a dark brown, but they became bright red, almost like a warning, if the two fangs poking out of her mouth were not warning enough.

Atop her head sits ears that almost blend in to her hair, just a shade lighter. They tend to lay flat against her head, due to her general disposition, but they perk up when she’s excited or hears something. Poking out of her outfit of choice is a grey, fluffy but messy tail, perking up just like her ears but otherwise bristled.

Bell’s outfit of choice is baggy, a light grey top with a black hoodie thrown over it, along with black sweatpants and grey sneakers.

ALSO THE WONDERFUL BLACK YOSHI DREW A PICTURE HERE

Personality: It’s hard to tell whether Bell’s personality was influenced by the Pokémon DNA inside her or she had always been this way. She’s incredibly hostile towards people she doesn’t know, often going as far as to growl at them if they refuse to back off. Even after she gets to know (or even “friendly” with) people, she still holds her guard up. While she acts hostile, she’s still fairly skittish, and her “fight or flight” response frequently ends in flight.

Basic Powers: Given the chance, Bell will claw and bite anyone who gets close (despite having human fingernails), so she doesn’t really care about the rest of her offensive powers. She does, however, know about and take great advantage of her enhanced sense of smell and an increased quickness on her feet. Also, if worst comes to worst, she can smack them with her tail.

Other: Shitty skintone description is go? (i couldn't think of good non-offensive comparisons, so it wound up being a little vaguer than anticipated oops)

Oddly enough, the iteration of this character in her home version of the Pokemon world is almost nothing like this one for a multitude of reasons. For one thing, her hair is blue there.

(also i almost made her scleras a bit yellowy but that would mean jaundice and she's already kinda malnourished, let's not add to her health issues)

Last edited:

Reserve me a spot, please! I'll try my best to get this up reasonably soon but it may take longer than I intend based on circumstances.

EDIT: Woo!

Name: Lucy Raymond (given name is Miranda Short)

Species Spliced With: Luxray.

Appearance: She's relatively tall and very thin. Her most striking feature is her bright golden eyes; her hair is black and wild,
reminiscient of a certain Pokémon's main. A thin, black tail protrudes from her waist, topped with a golden star. Although this isn't
necessarily her bodily appearance, she tends to wear lots of golden bracelets and black shirts with teal pants. She is fully aware of her role
as a Pokémorph, and intends to look it. :D

Personality: She's a bit of a lone lion wolf, but she is quite affectionate towards her friends and is by no means a recluse.
That said, she is generally against partaking in team work and prefers to do things on her own, even if it's riskier than the alternative.
She is not incredibly book-smart (though she may have been had she been left to her own devices), and usually prefers brute force over logic.
However, she is quick to realise flaws in the plans of others. She sees her given abilities as a gift, resulting in slight narcissism.

Basic Powers: She has great eyesight and has great spatial reasoning; she can work out environment-based problems in her mind, and has the ability to "draw"
in her vision, marking the places around her mentally. She is also capable of discharging electricity through her body in myriad ways. She
is quite agile and fast (though much more so in her Pokémon form), and is not afraid to take on risky physical endeavours. Like Luxray, she can enable a sort of "x-ray vision" and can see through walls thermally.

Other: Can't think of anything at the moment. If anything comes to mind, I'll put it here later.
n8T8PWD.jpg
lucy_by_taylorboykin-d7sxtrr.png

Last edited:

Accepted! c: I guess if Lucy has her given name and then a different one, she decided to just go by something else after this whole ordeal? I can dig it.

Accepted! c: I guess if Lucy has her given name and then a different one, she decided to just go by something else after this whole ordeal? I can dig it.
I tried to hint at this in her description, but Lucy sort of considers herself superior because of the whole thing, and is sort of making herself into a new person based on it. She changed her name and style to reflect her powers. Basically, she's half-Luxray and she's fully aware of how awesome that is.

Oh man this was my thing back when I was a preteen.

Name: Alexis Fay

Species Spliced With: Ralts

Appearance: Alexis is a very small boy. Whether it's from a lack of nutrition or his Ralts genes is unknown. Like the Pokémon, he has straight green hair and red eyes that are difficult to hide - worse, he also has the signature horns of the line, albeit smaller. Alexis' skin is very, very pale and he bruises easily.

He wears a baggy white hoodie with a green tee underneath, tan cargo shorts, and black sneakers.

He has a very innocent face.

Oh, and Black Yoshi made me a thing as well.

Personality: As one of the youngest children, Alexis clings to the older children. He's very timid and quiet, but easily overwhelmed. After spending years in the lab, Alexis is wary of strangers on instinct, but he is naive when it comes to how the world works.

Basic Powers: Alexis is deeply in tune with the emotions of those surrounding him. This can often make him skittish, especially in crowds due to the sheer amount of psychic feedback he gets. Alexis can also use Confusion, but it only seems to come out when he is scared with little control.

Other: Nothing. Unless that he's original from Kalos counts?

Last edited:

I tried to hint at this in her description, but Lucy sort of considers herself superior because of the whole thing, and is sort of making herself into a new person based on it. She changed her name and style to reflect her powers. Basically, she's half-Luxray and she's fully aware of how awesome that is.

Oooooooh. I get it. I like that! :D

And hopeandjoy is also accepted!

So! Either later on today or sometime tomorrow, I will have the first post up so we can get started. As I said before, the sign-ups will remain open until I think we've got plenty of people, so anyone else looking to join is more than welcome to.

Eskandar towers over the majority of the group, leering down at the small ones. He gives a sidelong glance to Lucy.

Well, this will be interesting.

Eskandar towers over the majority of the group, leering down at the small ones. He gives a sidelong glance to Lucy.

Well, this will be interesting.
What is this from?

Reserving a spot! I've got a lot of work coming up so I'll post up an app when I get time.

Back
Top Bottom