• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

So finally I am getting my Uni shit back on track.

Tarvos

helt plötsligt blev det tyst
I've always sort of had a love hate relationship with what I'm doing at university. I've been dearly unmotivated, failing lots of classes I could probably pass if I'd just bothered with some old-fashioned discipline. I considered dropping out, but never did and went through - I finished my bachelor's thesis a few months ago. I enrolled in a pre-master's program (it's for people who have their final project, but miss a few theoretical credits. I think like 30 max. I missed 12). That rule was abolished after this year. So I lifted on one last year into niceness into a master's programme.

I enrolled in Science and Communication, with the intent of working in the fields of either journalism, science marketing, consultancy, public relations and the like. I decided I did not want to be a researcher. I have had experience with it during my thesis; experimental work is definitely not for me and theoretical research would just bore me, plus it'd require a lot more mathematics-orientated stuff which I am too bored with.

So in this course I combine my scientific background with more communication oriented subjects.

I picked up zero fail grades this term. This means I am directly on track to set my target goal of being done at the end of 2012/beginning of 2013.

I might actually get somewhere now. I like what I'm doing now that I'm not just constantly solving equations. I still do that, a bit, but not constantly. And life is much better for it. Plus the communication subjects are relatively easy, so I have to write more but think less - very nice distraction.

13 credits in my bag.

And fucking 9/10 in Thermodynamics of Phase Equilibria. Fuck yes.

Back
Top Bottom