• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

*Spark* [Competition]

Lorem Ipsum

Pronoun
x
I don't know about you, but sometimes I find it difficult to think of ideas for chapters of novels or subject for poems sometimes. So, I have started to use every idea I think of, even if it's crazily zany, and try and use it in my writing.

I thought that I'd start this to help people a bit with writing.

So, here is the *Spark* competition.

---

For the competition, you will be writing a drabble and a half which is no more than 150 words. It can be about anything, and I mean anything, so long as it follows the standard forum guidelines, and is ethical. To submit your drabble and a half, just PM it to me, with the PM subject clearly showing me the story's title. The closing date for entries is Wednesday 23rd July, although you may submit before then.

tl;dr
Write a 150 word story.
Write about anything.
Make sure it follows forum rules.
Closing Date: Wed 23 July (23/7/08 or 7-23-08)

---

If you have any questions about the competition, then just ask in the thread. Please do not submit in the thread.

Winners will be awarded with something which I have yet to decide, and the winners will be announced on Saturday 25th July.

Last edited:
How is this meant to help people get ideas if you say "write about anything" ?_?

Also that is not a short story. Short stories are generally 3k+.

And "ethical"? What?

"More like, but not exactly" then. Though a lot of people like to label their not-quite-so-technical drabble as a drabble. Depends who you ask. But drabble and a half works. >.>

Always got to shoot the messenger, huh? I know what a vignette is; I think that this competition at first was a vignette just by reading what it was about. Good Lord, everyone's just after me. >>;;

... what the hell? I just said that vignette wasn't a good term for this. I assure you, I am not out to get you, just as I wasn't out to get Saffire Persian when mentioning the technical definition of a drabble.

You assumed, though, that I didn't know what a vignette was. I am not being a prick about this, but whatever. I may sign up for this competition, but I really don't know. I am losing time quickly, and my confidence is a bit shot. I am looking forward to writing now, but I just don't want to suck. ><

Heh, you probably won't suck as hard as some people I know in real life would. Oh, and did I mention, all entrants get a Participant's trophy.

Back
Top Bottom