• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Super High School Level Mafia Sign Ups

DarkAura

loves terra "brain cells? idk her" kingdomhearts
The Most Despair-Inducing Event in History

That's what they called it. Others called it 'the end of the world', but that doesn't make for a very smashing title. Led by a group calling themselves "Super High Schools Level Despair" (though "Ultimate Despair" was much less of a mouthful), their goal was obvious; despair, everywhere.

And that's definitely relevant to now, when a certain number of students (of which you are apart of) have found themselves, by some means, together in a scenario. Some of you excel at your respective abilities. Others merely masquerade as their role, because a handful of them are really apart of Super High School Level Despair. You don't know who they are. In fact, they may seem to be the last likely person to be apart of them. But when the possibility still exists, so does paranoia. What will you do? Only one way to find out.

Basically, this is Danganronpa adapted in Mafia form. So, instead of everyone killing each other, the mafia will be the Ultimate Despair group, and the innocents are everyone else. Otherwise still plays like a normal mafia game.

RULE:

1) Out of thread communication is allowed, though you need to include me in it.

2) Days and nights are 48 hours.

3) Pick a character from the first DR to play as. If there're too many players, then you may use characters from DR2.

4) It's partly a roleplay, so it's preferable if you get a sprite of your character when your posting.

5) Flavor text serves some use.

If you have any questions about Danganronpa, please ask. I know the little prologue I gave at the beginning doesn't really describe the game well, so I'll try to answer any questions to the best of my ability. If you don't have any knowledge of the game beyond a vague understanding, then it shouldn't hinder your performance. This is still a mafia game, after all!

Have fun.

Last edited:
Ironic. The game that's basically mafia in video game form is now the subject of an actual mafia game.

So why not? Chihiro Fujisaki, please.

I'd join, but seeing as how this is semi-RP and I know nothing about DR, well...
Yeah, same here. Is this based on DR explicitly, or are you just borrowing some of its ideas? I'm always up for a game of Mafia, and I haven't played one that isn't game-mastered by Metallica Fanboy (not that there's anything wrong with Metallica Fanboy's games, of course-- they're the best!), but I have not seen nor played DR and would be utterly lost if this was a direct spinoff.

Alright, I might have to take some time out in order to set this up to satisfaction, but. Make me Sakura Oogami. And also, fight me.

Yeah, same here. Is this based on DR explicitly, or are you just borrowing some of its ideas? I'm always up for a game of Mafia, and I haven't played one that isn't game-mastered by Metallica Fanboy (not that there's anything wrong with Metallica Fanboy's games, of course-- they're the best!), but I have not seen nor played DR and would be utterly lost if this was a direct spinoff.

Borrowing some of its ideas, pretty much. It's more along the lines of a mafia game, but with DR flavor. If you take, like, five minutes to research the general idea of the game and one of the characters, then you shouldn't have any problems gameplay wise.

Roles, yes. Alignments, no. And I'll try to make some roles a bit more subtle than others (for instance, having Kirigiri as an Inspector is so painfully obvious that it's just asking to be despair bait).

Iiiiii guess I will grab Kyoko, although I'm not sure how comfortable I am with the roleplay aspect.

Back
Top Bottom