• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Tattoos

Re: Tatoo's?

I want a tattoo of a raven on my shoulder, but they're expensive and I'm pretty sure mom would be pissed. I might have problems with my employer as well if it extended too far.

Ravens are my favourite birds though... they're so cute :x

If I did get a tat I'd definitely design it.

Re: Tatoo's?

I'd actually like to get a tattoo done before I die - some look pretty cool, and I'm so covered in scars and stuff the "but it's so permanent" thing doesn't bother me too much, but I just can't think of anything I'd like done. I've got a bunch more piercings I'd like to get first, anyways.

(...this post makes me sound a lot scarier than I actually am)

I'd like to get at least one tattoo in theory, but I have no idea what it'd be or anything. It'd probably be something small, and probably on my hands somewhere. When I was younger I wanted to get a butterfly on each knuckle for some reason.

yup.

Had this for two years, and I have plans for at least three more (Cheshire cat; shoulderblade, Jackalope; shoulderblade or arm, phoenix; chest). Probably will end up with more. Love tattoos.

The idea of tattoos is scary to me :( mostly because of my needle phobia.
So no tattoos here. :B

My dad had a ton of them though so another reason I won't be getting any

Y'know, tattoo's arn't permanent. It's called Tattoo removel (They just put a chemical on the ink, and it comes right of in a few days.)

I want a lot. I actually want to be one of those people that are completely covered in tats; you know, just a canvas of tattoos. I think that is the most beautiful thing, just to be a walking piece of art.

Some things I have planned (most of these, I don't know where I want them): I want a tat of Calvin and Hobbes; one of The Little Prince; I want the lines Hey Jude, don't make it bad / Take a sad song and make it better / Remember to let her into your heart / Then you can start to make it better; I also want I am Jack's smirking revenge, probably on my wrist or knuckles.

One that I do know where I want it, is - I want a map, covering my entire arm and wrapping around my shoulderblade. It should be just an ocean and a small island and then around the shoulderblade, just fading out. :D

I <3 tattoos.

yeah
Tattoo_Rx8_1037120a.jpg

okay in all seriousness I'm planning on getting a tiny button (like, a shirt button) on my right inside wrist next year. I promised myself I'd wait a year to make sure I'd still want it and I've wanted this one since June, so I'll do it during the next Summer vacation if I still want it (which I will). I want it to be small because of reasons but the added bonus is that I can easily hide it with a wristwatch if I want to.
I think tattoos look awesome if the artist is good and the design isn't generic and something that really pisses me off is the weird thought that a lot of people have that having a tattoo is somehow unprofessional or irresponsible :/ the whole "having a tattoo on an oft-exposed patch of skin makes you unemployable" thing. I get it if it's a swastika or if you get FUCK OFF printed on your forehead or something but if you get a tattoo like that you probably have bigger issues than being unemployed.

tbh I'll probably get some sort of Oscar Wilde-related ink in the future. Gotta come up with something cool.

I don't particularly like the idea of tattoos. They can look fine on other people but I guess there's something about them that feels weird.

To try to explain but fail; I wouldn't want a tattoo somewhere on my arm or leg or something, because it would feel like I'm showing off or something, and I wouldn't want one anywhere that would be covered by clothes because then nobody's going to see it anyway.
Plus there's the fact that I wouldn't want to have anything done, unless it was something I was so obsessed with that I wouldn't ever get tired of it (so like, a symbol from Star Trek I guess). But then things like that aren't exactly good material for a tattoo.

Something I find a bit silly is people who have tattoos done because they look good, rather than because they know what they are. Like I asked someone what the tattoo on their leg was, and they said "I dunno a Chinese dragon or something?"

I've been thinking about tattoos and whether to get them, and come to the conclusion that I don't really want any.
(googling images with the search words 'infected tattoo' kind of helped make that decision)

The biggest reason is probably that it would be hard to come up with something that I'd like to see on my body FOREVER and that isn't cliché or overused. Tattoo removal can go horribly wrong too, so 'you can get it removed if you don't like it after some years' isn't a viable option for me.

Then there's the thing that (in my opinion, mind you) small tattoos look like silly sharpie scribbles and big tattoos would probably just hurt like fuck (plus the aforementioned sharpie-scribble problem, unless they're like really big solid coloured areas).

also infected tattoos eugh
I mean, I don't really get disgusted by just looking at pictures of them, but the thought of having a horribly infected tattoo on my own body just isn't the loveliest.

also infected tattoos eugh
I mean, I don't really get disgusted by just looking at pictures of them, but the thought of having a horribly infected tattoo on my own body just isn't the loveliest.

This is sort of like saying "I've heard stories of people getting food poisoning, so I'm never eating". There are some complete dives that do tattoos, and throw in free hepatitis with every incorrect Chinese symbol, but if you're prepared to pay more and go to a place that has actual hygine certificates and preferably doesn't have glass tanks full of snakes in the waiting area, you should be fine.

:V honestly its not that hard either to make sure your tattoo doesn't fade or get infected, and it's not terribly painful either. HighMoon and myself got ours done in the same week by the same artist, and we looked at some of her previous work and got to see her equipment and tattooing area before we payed. She made sure we were sure we wanted the tattoos (we had for over two years), briefed us on care and how it would go twice, and then we got our appointment.

My tattoo, which is about the size of a two-dollar coin or a tad larger, took nearly and hour and...didn't really hurt. It felt more like a bizzare vibrating and the only pain was only as bad as a light cat scratch. HighMoon's hurt a tad more but she got it done on her shoulderblade where there's bone near the surface as opposed to my calf.

And while it bled (a lot, ahaha) it was only for the first...hour maybe? When it was wrapped in plastic still. After a little while I was allowed to take off the plastic, wash the area thoroughly, then apply cream every so often so it doesn't fade.

Honestly, pericings are way easier to get infected or hurt you than tattoos are if you're not a giant moron or get one when you're drunk. And no-one seems to be against them so bad, at least in your ears - getting my ears done was way more painful than my tattoo because it was so hard for me to find metal I wasn't allergic to, and they would constantly get infected.

There are some complete dives that do tattoos, and throw in free hepatitis with every incorrect Chinese symbol, but if you're prepared to pay more and go to a place that has actual hygine certificates and preferably doesn't have glass tanks full of snakes in the waiting area, you should be fine.
Yeah, I gathered that much. Still, no thanks (mostly for the other reasons).
Just can't get rid of that 'sharpie doodle' thought, I guess :D

My dream job is to be a tattoo artist! Unfortunately this is a job I will probably not be getting because I am quite certain my parents would disapprove of me pursuing this occupation.

If I had any idea how to get a job as a tattoo artist that would help too.

Despite this, I certainly do not want to get a tattoo, ever. I love face paint but the thought of having something permanently ingrained in my skin does not sit well with me

If i got a tattoo it would be lulzy. Legit tattoos are cool and all but I can't see me being happy with anything that generates zero laughter being permanently a part of my body.

So far I'm thinking "This is not an entrance" or "Exit only" above my ass. (Note that I'm not against LGBT by any means, it is again just lulzy.)

Also a moustache on the inner side of my index finger. For, you know...holding up under my nose.

Back
Top Bottom