• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Team Fortress 2 is now FREE-TO-PLAY! (Plus Meet the Medic)

I swear, that made me so much prouder to have Medic as my main class.

"Doctor! Are you sure this will work?"
"Aha! I have no idea!"

That's exactly how I feel before I uber someone :P

Now all I want is Meet the Pyro, though given the Pyro's vocal abilities that might be a bit... difficult.

Last edited:
YESSSSS. Gotta love mountains of bodies. And the Quick Fix.

Last edited:
YESSSSS. Gotta love mountains of bodies. And the Quick Fix.

I'll be honest, the Quick Fix sounds a little underwhelming. Being unable to overheal is sort of a big deal. Speed boost is interesting, but I'm curious, does it boost you to the class's default speed, or the speed it's currently going? Because being able to go the speed of a rocket jumping soldier would be A++ in my book and probably the only reason I ever use it. :V

I'm more excited for the Overdose. Speed boost? Yes please.

I'll be honest, the Quick Fix sounds a little underwhelming. Being unable to overheal is sort of a big deal. Speed boost is interesting, but I'm curious, does it boost you to the class's default speed, or the speed it's currently going? Because being able to go the speed of a rocket jumping soldier would be A++ in my book and probably the only reason I ever use it. :V

I'm more excited for the Overdose. Speed boost? Yes please.

I've used it, and trust me, it's good. I'm not sure about the base speed/current speed thing, but it's very useful to make offensive pushes due to the quick ubercharge generation. You'll be stopped dead in your tracks by a kritzkrieg/normal uber, but they are an awful lot slower to generate.

I've used it, and trust me, it's good. I'm not sure about the base speed/current speed thing, but it's very useful to make offensive pushes due to the quick ubercharge generation. You'll be stopped dead in your tracks by a kritzkrieg/normal uber, but they are an awful lot slower to generate.

That and overhealing is for pussies anyway :>

DAMMIT ARCHIMEDES

This sounds awesome, I've been waiting to play the game for a while, it looks like so much fun. But my mom didn't want to pay for it. So I'm so happy it's free :3

The Quick Fix is more of an Ubercharge pack, because an overheal is important for your jumping Demos/Soldiers, and your beloved Heavy for when you're doing a siege. But for those rush games, you need that faster heal and Ubercharge rate to get things moving quickly.

Oh, and it increases base speed.

Meet the Medic is the most glorious thing I have ever laid eyes upon. You should have seen tumblr going crazy over it too, the tf2 community on it at least.

And I know what I'm naming my pet bird now when I get one. >:3c

That and overhealing is for pussies anyway :>

Only if by "pussies" you mean "competent medics."

After asking around a bit in-game, apparently it's base speed, so it seems the boost is only good for pocketing scouts in comp (which is generally only a backup for when both soldiers and the demo are down, so it's horribly situational).

So far I'm underwhelmed by the soldier's items. The Liberty Launcher looks interesting, but not having that fourth rocket is pretty awful. Same with the Reserve Shooter- I use my shotgun too much to only make due with 3 shots. Riding crop looks awesome, and I haven't seen the Mantreads yet.

So far I'm underwhelmed by the soldier's items. The Liberty Launcher looks interesting, but not having that fourth rocket is pretty awful.t.

Oh trust me, my good comrade, the Liberty Launcher is a borderline upgrade to the Rocket Launcher. Sure you have one rocket less, but the 40% speed boost makes sure all those three rockets actually HIT something.

By the way add me to your friend list if you just started playing, I can be friendly and help c:

http://steamcommunity.com/id/Cuddlefuzz/

Currently downloading the game. I've always wanted to play so this is like an early Christmas present or something. :D

And Meet the Medic is icing on top of the cake of course.

Out of curiosity-- what's the best class to play as if you suck at this sort of game? Because my friend is trying to download this game and I think it's not a bad idea to play with him.

Soldier, imo - he's fairly basic to play, if a bit slow, and packs a bit of power with the rocket launcher, plus has a good amount of HP. Though it depends on if you've played different FPS games before or not - I learned on Scout and TF2 was my first FPS.

Out of curiosity-- what's the best class to play as if you suck at this sort of game? Because my friend is trying to download this game and I think it's not a bad idea to play with him.

Just try all classes 'til you find something that seems comfortable to play.

Naw man, easiest classes are definitely Pyro, Heavy, or Medic (just make sure he knows what an uber is). Engineer is also easy once you know where to build.

The Pyro is nowhere near as powerful as the Soldier, especially not the vanilla Pyro, with the lack of axtuingisher and Degreaser. Soldier is a better choice for the sake of the raw power and generally being rather sturdy.

I have gotten to the point of writing essays on Meet the Medic. Goddamnit why are you such a beautiful cinematic, uggh.

Uh so anyway! I have TF2 for a month before all of this and I am still pretty bad but okay! This is great, aaah.

Back
Top Bottom