• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

D/P/Pt Teen Titans, go! (RMT)

Involuntary Twitch

I want the earth to spin in the opposite direction
uh so yeah I have this Platinum team. Most of 'em were the Pokemon I went through the game with, so the EVs are mostly random, although I've helped them along a little by taking away some of the useless ones with berries. These guys also have no set tier; I guess they'd be UU or OU or something. They're generally just for battling my friends.

Miles [Floatzel] M @ Expert Belt
Swift Swim / Quiet
-Dig
-Ice Fang
-Surf
-Crunch

Yeah, suck nature, I know. :/ Miles leads because he's only got 2 weaknesses and can be supereffective and 2ko lots of things. His Attack and Sp.attack are pretty much equal. If I were to raise another Floatzel, I'd go for Adamant and swap out Dig for Rain Dance and Surf for Aqua Tail and use him as a physical sweeper, but he is what he is.

Kokia [Staraptor] F @ King's Rock
Intimidate / Hardy
-Close Combat
-Fly
-Aerial Ace
-Agility

She's pretty good actually; she once swept three of my friend's team with Close Combat. You can tell I used her ingame, too, since she's my flyer. Reconfiguring that would mean having to tote around another HM slave... *sigh* What can I have in place of Agility that would make her a little more useful?

Rex [Infernape] M @ Fist Plate or something
Blaze / Calm
-Close Combat
-Mach Punch (to be replaced by Thunderpunch)
-Flame Wheel (to be replaced by Stone Edge)
-Flare Blitz

...He's another sweeper, what can I say? He's also usually my last Pokemon I send out, since he strikes hard and fast and can finish stuff quickly. Although he's got another suck nature, so I might just breed for a better nature (adamant or something) and EV train it properly. Also, item suggestions?

Together [Togekiss] F @ Scope Lens
Serene Grace / Docile
-Yawn
-Air Slash
-Shadow Ball
-Aura Sphere

I like Together. :3 She's a special wall for the most part, and her speed is decent enough so she can flinchax the slower foes with Air Slash, and hope for a critical too with Scope Lens. Should I switch Yawn for the quicker-acting but less-incapacitating Thunder Wave?

Demo [Porygon2] X @ Wise Glasses
Trace / Modest
-Psybeam
-Signal Beam
-Discharge
-Recover

Finally, a decent nature! Should I evolve him, and have the increased Attack power make up for the decreased defenses? He's a special attacker that covers a lot of weaknesses my team has (right now the only one with a damaging electric-type move). I might give him some more berries and EV him a little, or maybe I'll just breed for another so I can properly EV train this time.

Teropea [Tropius] F @ Miracle Seed (lol yeah)
Chlorophyll / Mild
-Sunny Day
-Solarbeam
-Toxic
-Air Slash

She's a sunnychlorobeamer! I should switch the Miracle Seed for a Heat Rock and use her to go doubles with Rex. So, yeah, her strategy's pretty simple: survive a hit, Sunny day, beamspam/toxic if it won't kill it/air slash if it's a bug or something. Too bad she's female, so she won't pass down those TMs to her offspring. :/

...Those of you who took the time to read this may have noticed that my team is fatally weak to Electrics. (3/6 are, and none of them resist it.) So because of that, I've got another member planned in place of Demo I think:

[Rhyperior] @ Leftovers
Solid Rock / Brave? Adamant? Adamant, I think.
-Thunder Wave
-Avalanche
-Stone Edge
-Earthquake

Hahaaa, eat that, Electrics! Now if only I could find a way to compensate for its low Special Defense... um, perhaps I'll EV it in Special Defense and HP, so it can wall and be slightly more durable than the rest. xD

Thoughts? Anything else I should add? Just fyi, the teammates I use in the fronteir are Floatzel, Togekiss, and Infernape, or Floatzel, Togekiss, Tropius, and Camerupt (not shown) in doubles.

Back
Top Bottom