• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

The Bad People Who Kill People in an Evil Manner [Complete]

Okay, so this is just a little introductory post as to how things will go from here on out.

-Yeah, it hasn't been 48 hours yet, but 48 hours is ample time for night actions. If you didn't get your night actions, you have learned your lesson.

-From here on out, all nights will be 24 hours. Since we just had the first night, I decided upon extending out the time a little.

-Lack of posting in the thread for 2 days in a row will result in you being killed. Not actual days, but in-game days.

-All days will last for 48 hours, until a majority is reached, or until Mrs Henderson goes crazy.

-If you are not going to kill someone, you must post to say that you abstain from killing them. Otherwise you will not be included in the final tally. It makes things easy for me.

Good luck to you all!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
D A Y - O N E
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
The sun rises over the lovely city of Blargindale. The citizens begin their day, feeling a strange sense of tension in the air. A crowd begins to gather down in the center of town. Some people are screaming, some are crying, some are wetting themselves. All sorts of mayhem and dysfunction. The mayor comes over to dismiss the crowd and see what has happened.

There, lying in the middle of the crowd, is a charred and nearly unidentifiable body, missing a head. Only a few feet away lies the pale, fearful head of one Teh Ebil Snorlax.

Uh-oh!

Teh Ebil Snorlax is dead. He was not mafia. You have 48 hours to discuss.

Re: The Bad People Who Kill People in an Evil Manner [DAY ONE]

okay.

we have four anti-town, three neutrals, and seven minus one equals six townies.

I think, given the circumstances, randlynch is one of the better solutions in absence of other evidence.

ALSO: who has been granted immunity?

okay.

I think, given the circumstances, randlynch is one of the better solutions in absence of other evidence.

ALSO: who has been granted immunity?

Maybe since I'm new to the forum version of this game, I don't get it, but why would a random lynch be better? I mean, three in thirteen chance of getting a mafia, which would be good. Two in thirteen of getting a couple, in which case we reduce our chances of survival. Two in thirteen of getting the sisters, in which case more folks will die tonight. Three in thirteen of getting a doctor or detective, who we want too keep as long as possible. The remaining three, politician, judge, crazy lady, are more of a wash situation. So, if we consider washes to be good things, there's six out of thirteen chance that a lynch is beneficial, slightly less than half odds. Again, I'm new to this, maybe I'm missing something, but this doesn't seem like the best plan.

okay.

The way I perceived it, the "Potentially Bad People" were pro-town, called "Bad" because they could kill people...? Blaziking, what are Mrs. Henderson's and Jenny and Ginny's win conditions? Do they win with the town?

the corrupt politician is mafia-aligned, so that counts as a mafia kill, bringing it up to 4/13. the variant terrorist is unaligned, and we don't know its win condition yet, so. the bffs have the same chance of killing off mafia as we have. the judge is actually fairly anti-town, since the mafia can nightkill instead of lynch. that's five we can safely kill, one we don't know about, and two which are fairly neutral.

The way I perceived it, the "Potentially Bad People" were pro-town, called "Bad" because they could kill people...? Blaziking, what are Mrs. Henderson's and Jenny and Ginny's win conditions? Do they win with the town?
Granted they are still alive by the end of the game, yes, they win with the town.

First days suck. A free mafia kill, and unless the town abstains, an Innocent is lynched. We have no leads whatsoever. This is just great.

I think. Unless someone got a lead without posting. I don't know. I don't play thi game much.

With it being the first day and all, I can't think of any leads. We're definitely best off with a random lynch at this point, but we still have around two more days to decide.

...yeah I got nothing.

Edit: Post ninja'd :I Just about what Brock said.

This is my problem with randlynch.

Thing is, if we abstain, the Mafia will just get another free kill. Even at this point, the first day, the ratio of Mafia and innocents isn't exactly balanced - in fact, it's leaning towards the Mafia's favour (compared to the other games I've seen here, at least). Abstaining will cause us to lose precious time, quite possibly with little to no more information than the day before.

with a smart mafia, they *will* give no additional information.

I repeat, think of a lead-generator. I suggest cop/doc claims. then we can play spot the discrepancy!

(in any case, please do not heal me. strategic reasons.)

Thing is, if we abstain, the Mafia will just get another free kill. Even at this point, the first day, the ratio of Mafia and innocents isn't exactly balanced - in fact, it's leaning towards the Mafia's favour (compared to the other games I've seen here, at least). Abstaining will cause us to lose precious time, quite possibly with little to no more information than the day before.
Good point there.

So at best with random lynch, we get a mafia. From worst to least worst we lose either:

The Detective
A Doctor
Politician
Judge
Jenny or Ginny
The Stupid Couple
or The Crazy Lady

If we don't lynch, we lose one random person at night, guaranteed to not be mafia.

If we get Cop/Doc to claim to generate leads (this is assuming the real Cop/Doc claims, not a lying mafia or something), then we might successfully lynch, we might not, but we increase the chances of an important role being killed by the mafia, since they know who they are.

if we have one doc claim and one cop, we can execute opal's favorite strategy.

and, uh, jenny and ginny are kind of one-off kills with severe restrictions that still don't have much better accuracy than lynch.

I agree with Blazhy - mafia games of this size don't last a very large number of game days, and if we let an opportunity to lynch pass us by then we have fewer opportunities to try to catch scum in the future. I mean, if this ends up being four game days and we abstain, that means we lost 25% of our chances to kill mafia, and especially with the mafia ratio here, that's quite a bit.

And the mafia have the Corrupt Politician, so if we reveal important town roles he`ll just roleblock them. =/ I mean, the Not Corrupt Politician could block the corrupt one...but we don't know who it is.

I agree with Blazhy - mafia games of this size don't last a very large number of game days, and if we let an opportunity to lynch pass us by then we have fewer opportunities to try to catch scum in the future. I mean, if this ends up being four game days and we abstain, that means we lost 25% of our chances to kill mafia, and especially with the mafia ratio here, that's quite a bit.

True, this game is not going to last very long and if we don't try we are just giving in against the mafia. Time is of the essence and if we don't kill some one then the odds of winning go down by a substantially large amount. So to get the ball rolling I put myself under suspicion. kill someone, waiting will just reduce the numbers without any chance of success.

uh. doesn't work that way. when you do that, there are two possibilities: you are mafia-aligned semething-not-very-important-or-necessary and trying to buy yourself time, or you're misinterpreting the point.

Okay, it makes sense to lynch, I can see that now. However, I personally am hesitant about revealing my role, as if Snorlax was a doctor, my reveal will get me killed. Well, in truth, that statement gives me away, so I might as well say it: I'm a doctor. If I'm dead tomorrow, you'll know there's no other doctors (and that Snorlax was a doctor), or that the other doctor decided not to heal me.

Perhaps this is a trap by the mafia to get the doctors/inspectors killed, and perhaps I won't be believed. Eh, it's worth a shot. And, hey, a request not to lynch me? Please?

Back
Top Bottom