• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

The Create a pokemon and other mon!

Well, the first thing I have comments on is the layout. It's very blinding; neon green, neon blue, navy blue, teal, and bright red don't go together. The blue on teal links are also very hard to read. I know Proboards is capable of having multiple skins - if you really are attached to this one, don't make it the default skin. The layout is the first thing people are going to see on your forum, so make it a nice one.

Umm I o have other's >_> but no one seems to care about the default plus I rather not change it

You can help it because it's your layout. If people can't easily read your text, that is a definite problem because in order to have fun at your forums, people need to be able to read what's written there. Like I said, if you're really that attached to this layout, make a new skin on proboards, one with colors that please everyone, and set that as the default one, and then you can use this one for your own account.

Whether it seems important or not, a first impression is very important, and your layout essentially is the first impression. =/

pther people who joined use a different skin even my brother >_> so the most commonly used is the empoleon and the trainer skin i made

You have other skins, then? Those skins you can only see if you register; try making one of those the default skin so we can see them.

okay >_> but i'm soon goping to disable registering >_> soon like in 2 day's
edit:GOTCHA I'M NOT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Listen to everyone, remake your layout, be unique and use better grammar.

As said before the layout is someone's first impression and your layout is not a good first impression and makes your visitors want to leave and not stare at the eye hurting colours. It doesn't matter how good the content, features and such are if the layout is bad because no one wants to look at an eye hurting layout. If those are your favorite colours or something make 4 or so layouts and put 2 or 3 colours in each layout and make the colours not be so eye hurting.

You may think I'm being harsh but I'm not. Listen to what everyone has told you here and actually do what they say, it's for your site's sake. And it's for your site's sake that I'm typing this right now. So listen to everyone's advice and use proper grammar and make an un eye hurting layout.

We don't mind if you make a mistake or two once and a while but it is plain annoying to read your bad grammar. Plus more people will visit if your forums are unique. Because at the moment we are all happy on these forums and your forums are no better than the ones here so why would we go to your forums?

Please be nice and accept it if you made a mistake. For everyone's and your sake, don't be what I will call a Terry.

Bye now and don't forget, good grammar, good layout, be unique~

PS: I know this was a long post, just bear with me.

Listen to everyone, remake your layout, be unique and use better grammar.

As said before the layout is someone's first impression and your layout is not a good first impression and makes your visitors want to leave and not stare at the eye hurting colours. It doesn't matter how good the content, features and such are if the layout is bad because no one wants to look at an eye hurting layout. If those are your favorite colours or something make 4 or so layouts and put 2 or 3 colours in each layout and make the colours not be so eye hurting.

You may think I'm being harsh but I'm not. Listen to what everyone has told you here and actually do what they say, it's for your site's sake. And it's for your site's sake that I'm typing this right now. So listen to everyone's advice and use proper grammar and make an un eye hurting layout.

We don't mind if you make a mistake or two once and a while but it is plain annoying to read your bad grammar. Plus more people will visit if your forums are unique. Because at the moment we are all happy on these forums and your forums are no better than the ones here so why would we go to your forums?

Please be nice and accept it if you made a mistake. For everyone's and your sake, don't be what I will call a Terry.

Bye now and don't forget, good grammar, good layout, be unique~

PS: I know this was a long post, just bear with me.

>_> okay okay i'll one day do it

Umm, no offense, but to me it comes off as rude when you reply to all our advice with ">_>"... We're trying to help you. =/

>_> okay okay i'll one day do it

What do you mean someday?

can you tell the difference between this and the other sentence

Can you tell the difference between this and the other sentence?

Of course the one on the bottom looks better.

You still haven't corrected your grammar. it isn't that hard. I'm Chinese. I can use proper grammar. If english isn't your first language then learn grammar. Here grammar is IMPORTANT. Just remember next time and the time after that and the time after that. I won't stalk you or anything but other people might also point you out.[/end of rant]

When you're done with your layout then tell us.

Please listen to us. We're trying to help you.

the reason my grammar is bad is because i can't really type the right way
PHP:
Nor would i want to

lol um.
If you acknowledge that your forum style and grammar are bad and yet keep refusing to change them, why do expect people to want to join your forums (or talk to you)?

people should learn to be less silly.

Back
Top Bottom