• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

The Exchange Student -comic-

Elliekat

dat face
So, I decided to make a sprite comic called The Exchange Student.
Summary: Dawn decides she's bored beating the E5 over and over again, so she decides to get a job at the Sinnoh Trainer Exchange, much like a modern exchange student program. But even Dawn is unprepared to get Solana, a Ranger from Fiore who doesn't know anything about Trainers at all.
Prepare for hilarity as the duo embarks on a new adventure!

:grin:Comics:grin:

Comic 1 (my first ever, the font's a bit small)

Comic 2 (fixed the font size)

The concept's not bad, but... oh my goood, those backgrounds. >< You don't need to use full green and cyan. Really you don't. You could probably accomplish the same effect by using, say, a map of Sinnoh, with even less effort. And what's with the mixed sprite styles? Solana's twice as tall as Dawn, and her head's half as big. It could be played for comedy, but presently it's just a wtf.

...And, uh. Neaten up the speech bubbles a bit? Don't be afraid to make your comic a little bigger in order to make it neater. Perhaps use a different color text for each character? That can help when it gets a bit wordy.

I'd like to see more, of course, but there's so many little things you can do that'll make it so much easier.

New comic! TES Comic 3

spritecomic3.png

Heh, that last panel made me giggle. C: Are you planning to make a new overworld sprite for the Rangerette once she becomes a Trainer?

Back
Top Bottom