• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

The Internet is over?

IF IT IS FROM THE LUSCIOUS LIPS OF PRINCE THEN IT MUST BE SO.

Goodbye internet!

"All these computers and digital gadgets are no good. They just fill your head with numbers and that can't be good for you."
I found this bit particularly humorous.

I feel like I should know who the heck Prince is.

6e3knt.gif

stealing from vplj kthx

^My mistake. But does he really expect the Internet to vanish away? It will never dissapear! *Flashes back to Titanic*

Considering how awful the Internet has gotten in the past 5 years or so (yeah, it's been getting worse for longer than that... but the biggest drop I've ever seen has definitely been in the last 5 years), would the "end of the Internet" really be a bad thing?

Without the Internet, we wouldn't have Internet memes. Or at the very least, nobody'd make any more new ones, and eventually the old ones would be forgotten. That'd be like having a cure for cancer... except that cancer just kills you, while Internet memes are more like the kind of disease you'd find in a zombie movie: they turn you into a mindless shell that's good for nothing but spreading more memes around everywhere you go.

^Hi, nice to meet you. I'm THE MEME.
But anyway, I think we can all agree, if the Internet disappeared(I can spell!), so would tCoD, and that would be bad. We should send secret tCoD assassains.

Without the Internet, we wouldn't have Internet memes. Or at the very least, nobody'd make any more new ones, and eventually the old ones would be forgotten. That'd be like having a cure for cancer... except that cancer just kills you, while Internet memes are more like the kind of disease you'd find in a zombie movie: they turn you into a mindless shell that's good for nothing but spreading more memes around everywhere you go.

So, all of the Internet is bad because of a couple jokes you find annoying? :\

I waste pretty much all of my life on the Internet, as long as there are people like me the Internet will never die.

Hi, nice to meet you. I'm THE MEME.

I still don't understand why you've decided on a username based on jokes that get less funny the more they are repeated, but uh, okay.

Also hahaha I love Prince. I don't listen to his music but he's hilarious and I love him.

Considering how awful the Internet has gotten in the past 5 years or so (yeah, it's been getting worse for longer than that... but the biggest drop I've ever seen has definitely been in the last 5 years), would the "end of the Internet" really be a bad thing?

Well, the internet, as much as it just seems to be full of a bunch of retards and bad jokes, is actually more than that if you look into it. I agree with Hematophyte. Sure, a lot of it is sorta stupid. But you can find genuinely good and smart and interesting people if you look in the right places. Like here for example. I've met quite a few good friends from this forum. Without the internet, none of that would've been possible.

But I doubt it'll be ending anytime soon or that he really believes that. The impression I got from another article I read related to that one is pretty much summed up in this quote:

“I don’t see why I should give my new music to iTunes or anyone else,” he continued. “They won’t pay me an advance for it and then they get angry when they can’t get it.”

Ok people seriously?

Reality Check:

The internet won't disappear because too many people ((like me)) waste their lives on it. We/They will never let it disappear.

There are still people on the internet that have a positive IQ((like me))

And plus, this guy is just a singer. He isn't a prophet or Fortune Teller.

People said the internet would disappear a long time ago, then they said it would take over the world. Has it? No.

IN CONCLUSION:
The internet is here to stay people. Don't worry about it.

Back
Top Bottom