• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

The Miasma: A Crystal Chronicles RP

Elfin

feeling nostalgic
Yet another Final Fantasy RP! Aren't I original. >>
The universe at large:
Miasma was brought to the world centuries ago, when a strange meteor once crashed into the great crystal, which protected the world from all negative things. This gas is pure poison. If a person is in contact with it for even seconds, it can leave them very, very sick, with permanent effects not uncommon. Any longer than this and it is almost certainly fatal, or worse; transforming a person into one of the monsters that are created by it. In a word; deadly. People would have been completely wiped out by the monsters and poisonous gas long ago..
Were it not for the crystals. They are just that; giant crystal shards from the shattered great crystal that have a protective aura that repels Miasma. Towns almost instantly appeared around them. Protected, they flourished and allowed people to live in peace.
Unfortunately, their protective effect is not permanent. Every year the Crystal Caravans must be sent out to collect three drops of myrrh from myrrh trees, which grow in places of danger and evil, to renew the crystal's power for one more year. If they do not, the crystals will grow dull and eventually lose their power.
YOUR ROLE IN ALL OF THIS:
You are now a member of the Crystal Caravan for the village of Harmia, setting out for the first year of your adventure. For many of you it will be their first time they have left the village. You must cooperate with the others from your village to survive the quest to collect Myrrh. Success means survival.. for another year. Failure is a death sentence for you and all the other villagers, including the people n the Caravan.
Good luck.

RULES:
-Mary Sues will be shot on sight. Survivors with be shot again.
-No excessive swearing. While sometimes you need to use something a little stronger than darn or butt to make your point, swearing like a sailor will get you kicked out.
-No killing other people's characters without their permission.
-No sexual content.
-You may have up to three characters
-Please use proper spelling and grammar. At least keep it understandable.
-Flora is a co-GM. Listen to her or else.

The Form:
Name:
Race: These will explain better than I ever could. As A side note, Clavats can interbreed with Selkies and Lilties. Selkie, Lilty, Clavat, Yuke
Personality: Yes, it can be PO'd.
Abilities/Weapons: Keep. It. Reasonable. No Lilties with uber-magic powers or anyone with firearms. C'mon, guys!
Appearance:
Bio: This is optional, as none of the characters will have much of a history yet.
Other:

My Form:

Name: Rose
Race: Selkie
Personality: Always appearing calm and always in control, Rose is generally very knowledgeable about nearly everything about seemingly random subjects. She often ends up in a leadership position and does rather well in them, however she is actually very shy and unsure of herself, but never showing it while others are around. She feels very responsible for not only the Caravan, but people in general, and often blames herself when things go wrong for other people.
Abilities/Weapons: The three gold bracelets around her wrist have magicite stones in them, allowing her to cast some spells such as fire and basic healing. Along with that she carries a long, jagged dagger.
Appearance: Like all Selkies, Rose has a very animal-like appearance. Tall and athletic, she has gray eyes and long, jagged silver hair, usually in a braid. She always wears a lot of jewelry, usually several gold earrings and bracelets. Rose's "normal" clothes are a short green skirt, black legging and leather sandals, and a thin, sleeveless gray shirt, all of which are adorned with white rabbit fur and often gold of some kind. This is not unusual for Selkies and is one of the more modest outfits for them. She is very pale, and it appears that her skin has a slightly purple tinge to it..
Bio: A normal life, at first. Her family basically all did the same thing; grown up, join the Caravan for a few years, then go home and be fishermen, supplying a lot of the village's food. She instead decided to stay in the caravan instead of going home, and to act as a guide for the next generation of people in it. After the first year or so, if all goes well, she planed to stop and stay home. During her adventures, however, she had secretly started intentionally breathing miasma more and more to attempt and build a tolerance for it and perhaps find a way to find a better cure for it than the crystal. Because of this experiments, things may not go as planned for the Caravan she plans to teach..
Other: I accept myself.

(I feel like making a semi-normal character)

Name: Jeanine
Race: Clavat
Personality: Jeanine is oddly jittery and hyperactive. She loves battling, especially the more powerful monsters.
Abilities/Weapons: She can cast Blizzard through her ring, though it's not exceptionally good. For her weapon, she uses a sword. A shiny sword.
Appearance: Jeanine has short, curly black hair, brown eyes, and rather pale skin. She's somewhat on the lower end of the height spectrum, only reaching about 5 feet and 3 inches. She usually wears a pale blue dress with white stockings and black shoes. As for jewelry, she always wears her Blizzard Ring.
Bio: Jeanine's been traveling with the Harmia caravan for a few years; almost seven at this point. She's had her share of battles, but can't resist a lot more. Like Rose, she deided to help the new caravanners learn how to fight and get myrrh.
Other: I accept myself as well.

Midnight Silver
Male
Clavat
PO
Slow, Cure, Thunder, His weapon is a silver lance that has three pieces of magicite in it.
Other: I forget what clavats look like ^_^;

480px-Clavats-Concept.jpg

Guys on left, girls on right. Though that's obvious. ^^

Name: Markhali *Mark* Yikalojhii
Race: Yuke
Personality: PO, but he is rather inquisitive.
Abilities/Weapons: The usual awesome magic, along with a long staff with a hard, sharp crystal head.

Appearance: He wears pale white-and-gold armor with black accents. His helmet has black ram horns, and the helmet itself is shaped like the one worn by the male in this picture. His wings are larger than normal, which is to say rather small.

Back
Top Bottom