• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

The One of Silver Wing

Grim

Your Favorite Enemy
"The One of Silver Wing"
written by: Grim (E. Dunn)

To the one of silver wing
we the ancients sing
beauty is the song of yours
spare us of your deadly storm

Far beneath the ocean tide
hidden away from prying eye
lay a creature few have seen
Tis the guardian of all marine

Legend tells us it once nested
in the city known as Ecruteak
Til' lightning set ablaze
the tower upon which it rested.

As myth would have it told
The Whirl Islands, uncontrolled
are said to be its hold
travelers lost at sea
swear it was the silver wing
who guided them home to safety

So next time you find yourself
gazing out at the vast expanse
you may just happen upon the chance
of sighting the elusive soul silver

To the one of silver wing
we the ancients sing
your melody alone can tame
the titans of thunder, ice and flame
beauty is the song of yours
spare us of your deadly storm...

Last edited:
Thank you, I'm really glad you like it lol. This one was the toughest to write because I had many thoughts I wanted to express about the subject and it was tough to put them into words that would do them justice. Probably my favorite one that I have written so far also. ^_^

No not sailors. It is about the Pokemon Lugia, but no it isn't a sailor's prayer in the slightest. The poem is about the ancient people telling the legend/myth of Lugia, the beginning and ending I tried give a bit of a chant-like feel, guess it could be seen as a prayer but really I meant it as sort of a chant of praise or admiration. I'm glad you like the ending at least lol, the endings I always try to differ from the repeated verses, just to add I guess sort of a last kick to the poem.

I might lol, at the moment I am choosing my next subject to write about and Ho-oh is one of the subjects I am considering. I research out of interest a lot into the myths surrounding Pokemon, both in game (such as Pokemon mythology) and out of game myths (like creepypastas and such) which is where my poetry spawns from.

Back
Top Bottom