• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

The TCOD Disney Thread.

Kung Fu Ferret

Yokai Of Despair
Pronoun
he/him/his
Discuss anything Disney here. From Classics, to Pixar, to Kingdom Hearts, to Marvel and Star Wars, et cetera.

My top thirteen "Classic" (as in 2D/Hand-Drawn) *not counting the direct-to-video sequels* Disney movies are...

13. The Hunchback of Notre Dame (very dark for Disney, but when I was younger, I really liked the "Comic relief" of the talking gargoyles. Plus, Frollo is probably on my top five Disney villains.)

12. Brother Bear (not a lot of people liked this one, but I've always, for as long as I can remember, had a soft spot for talking animals for some reason.)

11. Hercules (only seen this one once, thanks to Netflix. I love Greek Mythology, but they could've done more.)

10. The Jungle Book (Probably the oldest movie in this entire list. Too bad it didn't age so well after 45 or so years...)

9. The Little Mermaid (Wasn't this supposed to be released in 3D?)

8. The Emperor's New Grove (This whole movie had me laughing my ass completely off!)

7. Beauty and the Beast (I really liked the design of the Beast, plus, I rediscovered my appreciation for him after playing the original Kingdom Hearts my first time through.)

6. Tarzan (My mom is obsessed with Phil Collins, and this movie pretty much invented "Tree-Surfing")

5. Mulan (One word: Mushu!)

4. Aladdin (Pretty much the first Disney classic aimed mainly toward a masculine audience. Did pretty well!)

3. Lilo & Stitch (I remember when I was younger, that I expected the trailer scenes with other Disney characters to be in the actual movie. I was a bit disappointed, but I still liked it a lot)

2. Atlantis: The Lost Empire (I'm a sucker for Science fiction, and this was their first animated Sci-Fi flick)

1. The Lion King (See #12, also.. My absolute FAVORITE growing up, and now I know the fact that it's a kid version of Hamlet. You can't go wrong with Shakespeare!)

As a kid, I watched Sleeping Beauty, Little Mermaid, Robin Hood and Hercules all the time, and really admired Mulan.
As of now, my favourites are Hercules and the Lion King.

I personally love The Black Cauldron and Atlantis. Frozen and Tangled are also really good.

Kingdom Hearts is one of my favorite franchises. The second game is one of the best action games I've ever played.

Two words: Gravity Falls. <33333333

As far as the movies go, Toy Story 3 is at the top of the pile for me, then Frozen, Brave, Tangled, Finding Nemo, Mulan, and Lilo & Stitch, in some order which I can't be assed to arrange right now.

When I was a kid my brother and I absolutely LOVED Cinderella, especially my brother. He'd put on my dress-up skirt and gloves and hold a plastic tea tray. I'd sit in bed and when I said "the prince" he'd drop the tray and gasp and it was the cutest thing ever. We also used to be afraid of Snow White because of the trees, but we watched A Bug's Life a lot.

EDIt: I saw Frozen yesterday and asdfghjkl; it was so cute.

Oh my gosh The Black Cauldron, I still have that on VHS from my early childhood!

Why is it I'm the first person to mention loving Wreck-It Ralph?

The Hunchback of Notre Dame, The Great Mouse Detective and Hercules are the best Disney movies, no question. The Lion King is hella overrated, as is Aladdin. In the modern Disney era, Wreck-It Ralph is easily their best output. Shoot me, but I'm not actually mad about Pixar? Apart from TS3, they haven't made a good movie since The Incredibles.

Oh my gosh The Incredibles. Ahhhhhhmazing movie. Especially the scene where Frozone is looking for his super suit!

"I am your wife! I am the greatest good you are ever gonna get!"

I saw the Black Cauldron at some point; my mom really loved it and thought I would too. I don't remember it much.

Emperor's Groove is one of my favorite movies ever; I also like Monsters Inc., the Incredibles, Wreck-It Ralph, Lilo and Stitch, and Frozen. I actually really enjoyed Frozen, which is strange. I don't usually enjoy animated movies that much.

Back
Top Bottom