• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Transportation

What methods of transportation do you use frequently?

• Plane. I live in Cambodia and can't get anywhere else otherwise

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Helicopter. I'm a flying ambulance.

• Boat. I sail the seas, AYE

• Total voters

Tarvos

helt plötsligt blev det tyst
This topic is about transportation issues. Since I'm a frequent users of trains and bicycles, I would like to know what TCOD uses to get to work/school/pub/fucking place/etc.

I will elaborate later myself, but I'm a big fan of trains myself. I like metros too and I use bicycles often.

I absolutely hate cars and I think buses are practical in principle but they make me sick - I nearly fainted on one once.

Nowhere I need to go is more than a few miles away so I walk places mostly. I used to take the bus a couple of years ago but their prices rise far too often and I like walking since you're less likely to be late and it's generally nicer less smell of urine and walking with someone it better than sitting with someone. I miss the days where it cost less than £1 to ride on the bus one way :(

I do like trains, especially underground, but I never need to go anywhere far enough away that going by train would be practical and we don't have an underground here. I don't know why I like trains so much. I guess they just bring out the child in my that goes YAY TRAIN. I think I'd like trams too but I've never been anywhere that has them, except for some museum that had an old one running.

Anywhere that's further than a few miles away and usually my dad gives me a lift in his car but I don't plan on learning to drive myself so when I move out I'll probably be taking buses again.

I don't like cars or buses but I often have to use one of them.

I live 15 minutes from everywhere so I walk most places. I do use the bus sometimes though, like when I go to my friends' houses, cuz they're annoying and live far away >:(

And even if I could drive, I'd probably only do it for out of town journeys because we can barely afford petrol lol.

Eh, I pretty much walk everywhere. Not that I actually go places much. The only time we really use our car is when we go to the airport or up to Scotland; I think I've been on about two buses in my entire life and the same goes for trains, now that I think about it.

I seriously can't be arsed to learn to drive. Everyone at school is like AAAH DRIVING LESSONS and I find it very hard to care whatsoever. :| So I probably won't learn until I'm in my twenty's, hopefully the RAF will need me to drive and pay for me. >D

Last edited:
I'm avoiding driving for as long as possible. I'll walk or use public transportation if I can. I get a lift to school from my dad though!

I use the metro and bus most of the time, since I can get to wherever I want to go pretty fast. The tram sometimes when there's no metro line.
When I travel longer-distance (to Holland or Britain) I take the train.

And the car sometimes too but I don't plan on getting one for a long time :v

I use the bus loads because it's free for under-18s still in fulltime education and because it's so damn convenient. The Underground is good for whenever you need to get anywhere in central London but it costs money and the Tube is smelly. :(

I generally walk everywhere that's less than half an hour away. And for everything else, we use the car.

I seriously can't be arsed to learn to drive. Everyone at school is like AAAH DRIVING LESSONS and I find it very hard to care whatsoever. :|
My parents are all "SON I AM DISAPPOINT YOU WILL LEARN DRIVING" so I guess I'll have to go along with it. At least they're willing to pay for it. :P

Am I the only one who /wants/ to learn to drive :(
Seriously I would probably have my license now if I could afford anything ever

I'll probably wait until after uni now.

I took some driving lessons because my parents wanted me to learn, but I never passed and pretty much gave up after I broke my leg.

I use the train to get pretty much everywhere, though if Megabus/National Express is being incredibly cheap and I need to go long-distance (normally Devon -> London) I'll coach up. I use the the tube while in London, obviously, and I have a bus pass to get to and from the uni when I'm in Canterbury.
I'll walk from my house into town (no mean feat, given the hill I live on), but my town's tiny and there's not a lot there. You have to use a car/train/bus to go any further than that.

I live, like, an hour's walk from everything, so I catch the bus to school. A taxi if the bus is down, or for exams.

My family almost always uses the car, though I take the bus to and from school and SEPTA (some form of public transportation? I don't even know what the heck it actually is) on Mondays when I stay too late to take the regular bus but am done too early to wait till five for the late bus.

Trains are cool though; trying to convince my parents to have us go on one to New York (though that's a long story and requires a lot of explaining)

Mostly everywhere I need to go is what ten minutes away walking so I usually do that. i don't use trains cause of my slight phobia of them (ffff fucking train educational videos i didn't need to see a kid get run over thank you) but that might be cause I've only been on them twice so. Out of town I take the bus although now our uncle drives us places more often cause he lives a block or two away.

I walk because I live in a teeny town and my mum works so if I want to go somewhere, I'm walking there. Though mum wants me to learn to drive for when I move to Kelowna, since it's bloody huge there and knowing my aunt she'll buy me a car. :I

I run to the market 14.6 times a week, on average, since it's close. Too close. Otherwise the car for everywhere else. I would use a bicycle to go to school, 'cept somebody borrowed it and hasn't returned it yet. Two years ago. Oh, and also. I run, I never walk. I can't control it and it hurts my legs.

The nearest train stations are hours away (and/or freight stations) and our public transit system (read: buses) bite. I'm forced to walk and hitch car rides everywhere. Welcome to Suburbia, USA

I cannot comprehend the US not having a decent train system. I realize European countries are much smaller and stuff, but not having the option of getting the train for a long-distance journey seems absurd. How do kids get to and from college?

I mean, I realise I implied in the above paragraph that the British system of trains is "decent", which is a bit of a stretch (especially when one looks at the trains in Japan/France/nearly every other civilised country), but still.
(and in our defence, the London Underground, while horrifically expensive (£4 for a single journey within Zone 1??) is far and away the easiest to navigate tube system I've ever come across)

Back
Top Bottom