• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

D/P/Pt Trick Room team

Pronoun
they
When making a new team I decided to try something new and thought of making a Trick Room team. And I did.

I've tested it a little on Shoddy, I've won battles when Trick Room was always on when needed and things but I've lost battles when my two Trick Room users faint and I have only Latias for decent battling.

I'm thinking of replacing Latias with a faster sweeper with good type coverage as I'd be relying on them when Trick room users faint(well if they do).

Bronzong - Physical/Mixed Wall
Dusknoir - Special/Mixed Wall
Marowak - Physical Sweeper
Machamp - Physical Sweeper
Clamperl - Special Sweeper
Latias - Emergency Sweeper

Bronzong @ Macho Brace
Nature: Relaxed
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP/152 Att/8 Def/98 SpD
~Trick Room
~Gyro Ball
~Earthquake
~Explosion

My lead. Macho Brace is AWESOME in Trick Room teams as it halfs your speed which helps. It also boosts Gyro Ball's power. And Earthquake and Explosion are just attacking moves to be used when needed.

Dusknoir @ Leftovers
Ability: Pressure
Nature: Relaxed
EVs: 252 HP/52 Def/204 SpD
~Shadow Punch
~Will-O-Wisp
~Trick Room
~Pain Split

Another Trick Room user. Shadow Punch is STAB and is a decent move. Will-O-Wisp kills sweepers and Pain Split is a recovery move and an offensive move.

Marowak @ Thick Club
Nature: Brave
Ability: Rock Head
EVs: 130 HP / 252 Atk / 126 Def
~Earthquake
~Double Edge
~Fire Punch
~Stone Edge

Another all out attacker. Thick Club plus Trick Room is love for Marowak and Marowak will have INSANE attack with it. Double Edge has no recoil because of Rock Head.

Machamp @ Life Orb
Nature: Brave
Ability: Guts
EVs: 252 HP/252 Atk/4 Def
~Close Combat
~Icepunch
~Thunderpunch
~Stone Edge

Machamp is a great Wall-Breaker when Trick Room is up and kills Blissey who I REALLY HATE. Icepunch and Thunderpunch are good type coverage and Close Combat of course is STAB. Stone Edge just plain kills.

Clamperl @ Deepseatooth
Nature: Quiet
Ability: Shell Armor
EVs: 252 HP/252 SpA/6 Def
~Surf
~Ice Beam
~HP Electric
~Brine

Clamperl. With Deepseatooth and Trick Room Clamperl is a very hard hitting BEAST. My only special sweeper relying on Trick Room Clamperl needs some good type coverage with special moves. I have Boltbeam with Thunderbolt replaced with HP Electric and Surf is the STAB I always add to a Pokemon.

Latias @ Choice Specs
Nature: Timid
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 4 HP/252 SpA/252 Spd
~Surf
~Thunderbolt
~Draco Meteor
~Psychic

Latias is my sweeper in case Trick Room is a no goer or it's my last Pokemon or whatever. Because if Trick Room is out of PP or the Trick Room setter-up Pokemon are fainted then my team is killed. So Latias has decent speed and has recently been moved to OU. All out attacking and with both STAB moves :)

Hmm...

What about Salamence for a Latias replacement?

Salamence @ Choice Specs/Life Orb
Nature: Modest
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 4 HP/252 SpA/252 Spd
-Draco Meteor
-Flamethrower
-Hydro Pump
-Dragon Pulse

I'm not sure to give it Choice Specs or Life Orb because What if it is the last Pokemon on my team? It can't switch out...it is Specsmence but I just feel like it wouldn't be so great :/

And since it's Shoddy it's all 31 IVs except for Speed which is Zero(except for Latias who has 31)

Suggestions wanted :)

Last edited:
You have only one trick room user. After your five turns run out, you're screwed. You can try and bring bronzong back in, if it's still alive, to set up another trick room; however, it can't switch in often because it lacks any means to recover, even leftovers.

Regarding that last, macho brace is really not an amazing item on bronzong. It's already so slow that it's going to outrun virtually everything out there without help, meaning that you're essentially wasting an item slot.

In general, this team suffers from a lack of cohesion. The pokémon don't cover one another particularly well; really, this is a team of five sweepers with one set-up pokémon. You have nothing defensive besides bronzong to slow down an enemy assault, and if anything gets a stat up against you, it's pretty much game over. As it is, this isn't really a team so much as it is a collection of slow pokémon, a trick room user, and Latias.

Back
Top Bottom