• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

D/P/Pt Under-Used Wi-Fi Team (Platinum)

Darksong

Back in action!
I posted this team on Serebii, too, but it didn't get any rates, so I'll see if it could get any advice here. It's just an average underused team to use over Wi-fi.

Gallade @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Steadfast
Nature: Adamant
EVs: 4 HP, 252 Attack, 252 Speed
- Close Combat
- Ice Punch
- Psycho Cut
- Night Slash

Gallade is the lead on this team; his goal is to sweep until he goes down. His Special Defense should keep him up for at least a special hit or two, and Choice Scarf boosts his Speed. Close Combat is a powerful move to KO things like Steel-types, and for STAB; Psycho Cut is for STAB as well, since I don't really prefer the lower accuracy of Zen Headbutt (although it DOES get a flinch bonus...)

Nidoking @ Leftovers
Ability: Poison Point
Nature: Impish
EVs: 4 HP, 252 Attack, 176 Special Defense, 78 Defense
- Earthquake
- Poison Jab
- ThunderPunch
- Ice Punch

Nidoking -- a rather bulky sweeper that could endure a few physical hits, with Poison Point as a bonus, while still taking down a few of the enemies. I'll be keeping him away from Special attackers. If he takes any damage from physical attacks, Leftovers can cover up some of that. Earthquake and Poison Jab are for STAB, and Thunder- and Ice-Punch for coverage.

Tangrowth @ Yache Berry
Ability: Chlorophyll
Nature: Modest
EVs: 252 Special Attack, 252 HP, 4 Special Defense
- Sludge Bomb
- Energy Ball
- Focus Blast
- Sleep Powder

Tangrowth is a special sweeper on the team, while he can also take some physical hits. In case he comes across a special-attacker, I'll give him a few EVs on Special Defense, and also a Yache Berry. Energy Ball is the standard attack, while Sludge Bomb is to hit other Grass-types and Focus Blast is for Steel-types. Tangrowth can use Sleep Powder in case he's against an enemy whom he can't quickly KO.

Espeon @ Focus Sash
Ability: Synchronize
EVs: 252 Speed, 252 Special Attack, 4 HP
- Psychic
- Signal Beam
- Shadow Ball
- Hidden Power (Water, 69 Power)

Espeon, as far as I know, can't really take a hit, so I gave her a Focus Sash so that she could defeat at least one foe. Her Psychic is STAB, while Signal Beam is for Dark-types, and Shadow Ball is for other Psychic-types. Hidden Power Water can be used best against Rock- and Ground-types, in addition to going against Steelix.

Arcanine @ Choice Band
Ability: Intimidate
Nature: Jolly
EVs: 252 Speed, 252 Attack, 4 HP
- Fire Fang
- Thunder Fang
- Iron Head
- Extremespeed

Arcanine is a physical sweeper in my team; his function is similar to Gallade's except he can't endure as many attacks, and he holds a Choice Band instead of Scarf. Intimidate could help if he's switched into a physical sweeper. Fire Fang gets STAB, while Thunder Fang will attack Water-types, Iron Head will get Rock-types and Extremespeed can be used against a faster, threatening opponent.

Milotic @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Marvel Scale
EVs: 4 HP, 252 Special Attack, 252 Speed
- Surf
- Ice Beam
- Dragon Pulse
- Hydro Pump

Choice Scarf is to give him a speed boost while sweeping. Milotic is a special sweeper that can endure special hits as well. With his Marvel Scale, he could also possibly take a weaker physical hit. Surf is STAB, while Ice Beam is used against Grass-types, and Dragon Pulse for things like other Water-types. I'm not sure what his Hidden Power is yet, but I would plan to put Hidden Power Electric there. If his HP isn't Electric, I'll use Hydro Pump...

Comments in Underline

I posted this team on Serebii, too, but it didn't get any rates, so I'll see if it could get any advice here. It's just an average underused team to use over Wi-fi.

Gallade @ Choice Scarf
- Close Combat
- Ice Punch Trick could go here
- Psycho Cut
- Night Slash Or here

Gallade is the lead on this team; his goal is to sweep until he goes down. His Special Defense should keep him up for at least a special hit or two, and Choice Scarf boosts his Speed. Close Combat is a powerful move to KO things like Steel-types, and for STAB; Psycho Cut is for STAB as well, since I don't really prefer the lower accuracy of Zen Headbutt (although it DOES get a flinch bonus...)I don't like the idea, but fair enough. Trick is very useful against bulkier leads, usually rendering them useless for the rest of the match.

Nidoking @ Leftovers
- Earthquake
- Poison Jab
- ThunderPunch
- Ice Punch

Nidoking -- a rather bulky sweeper that could endure a few physical hits, with Poison Point as a bonus, while still taking down a few of the enemies. I'll be keeping him away from Special attackers. If he takes any damage from physical attacks, Leftovers can cover up some of that. Earthquake and Poison Jab are for STAB, and Thunder- and Ice-Punch for coverage.I'll be honest with you. Even with all that defensive investment, I doubt it'll get very far. You would rather have something like a Flame Orb Guts Ursaring fill in this roll.

Tangrowth @ Yache Berry
- Sludge Bomb
- Energy Ball
- Focus Blast
- Sleep Powder

Tangrowth is a special sweeper on the team, while he can also take some physical hits. In case he comes across a special-attacker, I'll give him a few EVs on Special Defense, and also a Yache Berry. Energy Ball is the standard attack, while Sludge Bomb is to hit other Grass-types and Focus Blast is for Steel-types. Tangrowth can use Sleep Powder in case he's against an enemy whom he can't quickly KO.Interesting.....Funnily enough, I can't actually find too much of a problem....except for Venusaur's STAB Sludge Bomb destroying it.

Espeon @ Focus Sash Scarf / Leftovers/Lifeorb / Expert Belt
- Psychic
- Signal Beam Calm Mind here
- Shadow Ball Or here

Espeon, as far as I know, can't really take a hit, so I gave her a Focus Sash so that she could defeat at least one foe. Her Psychic is STAB, while Signal Beam is for Dark-types, and Shadow Ball is for other Psychic-types. Hidden Power Water can be used best against Rock- and Ground-types, in addition to going against Steelix.Focus Sash generally isn't a good idea on anything save a lead. Usually, there'll be SR in play, and so when you switch in, there goes Sash. I would recommend the CM build, with whatever item you choose. Also, going HP Fighting for perfect coverage alongside Shadow Ball isn't a bad idea either. But if you already have it all done, whatever

Arcanine @ Choice Band
- Fire Fang Flare Blitz
- Thunder Fang
- Iron Head
- Extremespeed

Arcanine is a physical sweeper in my team; his function is similar to Gallade's except he can't endure as many attacks, and he holds a Choice Band instead of Scarf. Intimidate could help if he's switched into a physical sweeper. Fire Fang gets STAB, while Thunder Fang will attack Water-types, Iron Head will get Rock-types and Extremespeed can be used against a faster, threatening opponent.Flare Blitz > Fire Fang.

Milotic @ Choice Scarf
- Surf
- Ice Beam
- Dragon Pulse
- Hydro Pump

Choice Scarf is to give him a speed boost while sweeping. Milotic is a special sweeper that can endure special hits as well. With his Marvel Scale, he could also possibly take a weaker physical hit. Surf is STAB, while Ice Beam is used against Grass-types, and Dragon Pulse for things like other Water-types. I'm not sure what his Hidden Power is yet, but I would plan to put Hidden Power Electric there. If his HP isn't Electric, I'll use Hydro Pump...Its either Hydro Pump or Surf. Never have both on the same build, its a pretty stupid idea. Also, Scarf isn't bad, but, as you stated, with Marvel Scale he could take a weaker physical hit. Figuring you'd need a Sleep Absorber anyway, I'd recommend a ResTalking Milotic sweeper.

Milotic @ Leftovers
Modest 252Sp.Atk/252 HP/4Def
Marvel Scale
Rest
Sleep Talk
Surf
Dragon Pulse/Ice Beam/HP Electric

Gallade @ Choice Scarf
- Close Combat
- Ice Punch
- Psycho Cut
- Night Slash

Good. Like Waffles said, Trick is an option, but this set will work well too.

Nidoking @ Leftovers
- Earthquake
- Poison Jab
- ThunderPunch
- Ice Punch

I have no idea why you'd want a bulky Nidoking, but in any case, you should be working on HP first instead of defenses. HP doesn't discriminate between what attacks you're hit with. Poison Jab is terrible. I don't care if it gets STAB, Poison is the worst attacking type in the game. You should only ever use it if you have absolutely no other option. Use Megahorn or Stone Edge. I'd go with a mixed attacker set for Nidoking (Rash, 80 Atk / 252 SpA / 176 Spe, with Superpower, Thunderbolt, Ice Beam, and Earth Power) to abuse his great type coverage, but eh.

Tangrowth @ Yache Berry
- Sludge Bomb
- Energy Ball
- Focus Blast
- Sleep Powder

Drop either Energy Ball or Sludge Bomb for Leaf Storm. Consider putting HP Fire somewhere on there to deal with enemy Grass-types if you're absolutely paranoid about them, considering they can't do much to you anyway. Yache Berry is useless; Tangrowth shouldn't be taking special attacks anyway, and it won't survive an Ice attack. Drop it and replace it with Leftovers.

Espeon @ Focus Sash
- Psychic
- Signal Beam
- Shadow Ball

HP Water is a bit random, but the Eeveelutions don't exactly have great attacking movepools, so meh. It'd probably be nice to get HP Fire instead, if you can. You'll want a Timid nature on Espeon to take advantage of its good speed. Focus Sash is useless; hail and entry hazards will render it useless, and you won't be able to switch in easily. Give it a Life Orb or Choice Specs. If you really want to keep it Modest, give it a Choice Scarf.

Arcanine @ Choice Band
- Fire Fang
- Thunder Fang
- Iron Head
- Extremespeed

What Waffles said.

Milotic @ Choice Scarf
- Surf
- Ice Beam
- Dragon Pulse
- Hydro Pump

You don't like defense too much, do you? My best suggestion is to make it more defensive. Give it a Bold nature and drop EVs into HP and Defense. Drop Hydro Pump and Dragon Pulse in favor of Recover and Toxic/Hypnosis, and look into replacing Ice Beam with HP Grass. If you really want this thing to be a sweeper for some odd reason, then get HP Grass over Hydro Pump. You have no use for multiple STABs.

Back
Top Bottom