• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Welcome to The Old Chateau.

Grim

Your Favorite Enemy
"Welcome to The Old Chateau"
Written by: Grim

Hidden within the thickest of Eterna Forest
a secret lay in slumber
decaying remains of a manor once cherished
beckon to those who wonder

It is here where fear
whispers to those who near
the old gateau
Welcome to The Old Chateau

The specter of a cute young dame
pity we do not know her name
up the stairs, last door on the right
this lovely little lady will give you a fright

It is here where fear
the old gateau

Three doors down, legend tells
that a peculiar Pokemon dwells
Approach the TV set at night
and be ready for a fight.

It is here where fear
the old gateau

Retrace your steps, back down the stairs
and through the center door
you'll meet the ghostly butler, who prepares
the meal of the house nevermore

drop in and say hello
for it is here where fear
whispers unto the ears
of those who near the old gateau
Welcome to The Old Chateau...

Thank you, I'm glad you liked it. ^_^ and yea the intro could have been a bit better I think, mostly because I had a bit of trouble trying to convey a good introduction to the mystique feeling you get upon approaching the building itself. Especially in Platinum, where they added the shadowing of the trees haha, just gives you a sort of uneasy feeling when the building comes into sight. But anyway, I'm glad you enjoyed the poem. =)

That was actually one of the words I debated upon putting there but it just didn't ring the sorta vibe that I was going for with that verse. I eventually went with remains, because to me the word remains had a bit more of a morbid vibe then ruins did, which is what I was sort of aiming for. The Chateau itself, with it's purple hue and shadowy appearance gives me sort of a morbid, uneasy feeling which I found to be very hard to put into words, because it's an almost indescribable feeling haha.

You managed to capture the ghost aspect. Like it sounds sort of floaty and swingy in a haunting way, with a bit of creepy ghost hospitality.

I take it you like it then lol? While I did try to convey the overall vibe, as well reference the ghosts and of course Rotom, I tried to add a bit of a humorous tone to it also haha. Dark humor I guess.

Thanks ^_^ I'm working on a new one, gonna be a lot different then this one and the one I did on Lavender Town.

Back
Top Bottom